Drop Harte

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Drop Harte

by muddyfeet » 15 Feb 2011 12:24

Z175
muddyfeet Went to the stadium on sat to get name put on shirt, two people ahead of me in queue :shock: had Harte put on their shirt :shock:

There must be a plausible explanation
1. It's their surname?
The fact they both had Harte would make this the most likely option. It would be odd that they would both get the same if they were together. <<<< nope they were two separate couples

2. They are Leeds Utd fans and have a soft spot for Ian Harte
Remember Leeds used to be a big club. We have a lot of plastic fans who regard Reading as their local team, as evidenced by the booing or cheering of premiership half time scores. Its possible some childhood Leeds fans started to watch us week in week out and kept that up even with Leeds' relegations

3. Cheapskates
The have probably already got Kebe and Tabb. they then move onto Long, so who else? <<<<<<< costs the same for any player's name and number. (£10) although at the bottom of their price list it says £1 for a letter and £3.50 for a number - did ask why that meant I had to pay £10 for Long :|

As for Torres. He has a FANTASTIC talent. He is deceptively strong, he has great technique, loads of power, deadly accuracy but a huge price tag and a dropped Drogba to justify and no man can handle that pressure. Quite how this parallels ian harte I have no idea.

Charles Dapper

by Charles Dapper » 15 Feb 2011 12:58

So if I'm right.

Harte

Can't defend.
No good at coming forward (although that is why he's not there to defend half the time)
His set pieces are rubbish these days.

So why is he in the team?

Ian Harte is a great example of collective responsiblility, after all did he not immediately look to share the blame with Feds for the Hull goal.

As for the Routledge goal, Mills was on a yellow, was the last defender, was in the box there is no way he could have done anything without being straight off. He knew that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Feb 2011 13:06

Charles Dapper As for the Routledge goal, Mills was on a yellow, was the last defender, was in the box there is no way he could have done anything without being straight off. He knew that.

I was still a bit surprised that at that stage of the game he didn't risk a red, whilst outside the area, for the benefit of the team.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 15 Feb 2011 13:36

Snowball Shame we are not seeing a frame by frame for the errors by Tabb, Ingi, Mills etc

Could do a frame by frame for every goal-costing error Harte has made this season, but HNA would run out of bandwidth.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 15 Feb 2011 14:40

RoyalBlue
Charles Dapper As for the Routledge goal, Mills was on a yellow, was the last defender, was in the box there is no way he could have done anything without being straight off. He knew that.

I was still a bit surprised that at that stage of the game he didn't risk a red, whilst outside the area, for the benefit of the team.

The goal in question should still have been comfortably dealt with by Federici. Easily saveable and yet another low to his right shot hes failed to stop. Major flaw in his game there.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 15 Feb 2011 14:51

Based on a fit Armstrong against a fit Harte then Armstrong wins every time.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 09 Mar 2011 21:59

Just seen the Harte Free Kick at Ipswich

Absolute MAGIC

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Mar 2011 22:04

Few free kicks doesn't make up for the poor quality of goals he has conceded.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 09 Mar 2011 22:09

LoyalRoyalFan Few free kicks doesn't make up for the poor quality of goals he has conceded.

So how do we work it out then?

How many he has scored v how many goals have been entirely his fault?

I suggest Harte would come out on top on that one.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2011 22:10

nah, you have to make a subjective judgement call based on overall positive and negative performance and impact on the team as a whole.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 09 Mar 2011 22:11

Ian Royal nah, you have to make a subjective judgement call based on overall positive and negative performance and impact on the team as a whole.

And what conclusion do you come to?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Mar 2011 22:14

If Ian Harte wasn't any good at set pieces he wouldn't be near the team.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2011 22:15

londinium
Ian Royal nah, you have to make a subjective judgement call based on overall positive and negative performance and impact on the team as a whole.

And what conclusion do you come to?

We don't have a better realistic option right now, but we probably ought to find one, especially if we want to progress to a firm promotion challenge next season. That or find at least one centreback with a better combination of intelligence, awareness, positioning, mobility and pace than we have already...

We may want to look at ensuring any replacement either has a good freekick, or that another player coming in (or stepping up) does.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 10 Mar 2011 09:03

Ian's got it right.

Nobody's ever denied Harte's free-kick/penalty taking ability.... though Howard seems just as good at corners.

Brian McDermot DROPPED Harte and Snowball has always banged on about Brian being more knowledgeable then any of us, so there was something not right with his all round play.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2011 09:35

Wimb Ian's got it right.

Nobody's ever denied Harte's free-kick/penalty taking ability.... though Howard seems just as good at corners.

Brian McDermot DROPPED Harte and Snowball has always banged on about Brian being more knowledgeable then any of us, so there was something not right with his all round play.

That's easy to answer. As someone posted, Hartey had got into "coasting" mode
and needed a kick up the backside.

What have our results been since that single-game dropping?

3-3 Away to a side with a very good home record, no goals conceded in three months
1-0 Away to a Premiership side. Harte near-perfect
5-2 Home. Harte has a blinder and scores two. MoM or very close
3-1 Away. Harte scores again

DWWW 12-6. Speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Harte at his best for this age is very, very good indeed
but he has to be made to DO his best and not coast...

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 10 Mar 2011 10:08

Agreed,

Although he can consider himself fortunate to be restored to the lineup thanks to Griffin's injury, he has certainly grasped his chance.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 10 Mar 2011 11:17

ALL i can say is that Harte's Free kick against IPSWICH on tues was INTERNATIONAL CLASS

a defender that has scored 3 in 2 matxhes is fine by me, even if he has the pace of a post hip op granny

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Mar 2011 11:57

No Jobi McAnuff playing ahead of him and suddenly Ian Harte is looking world class, getting forward scoring goals.... coincidence?

NB - I rate McAnuff, but maybe the partnership down the left wasn't getting the most out of Ian Harte.

Discuss.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 10 Mar 2011 12:03

Harte is on great set piece form at the moment and is gonna absolutely tw@t one in against City.

I don't care how expensive your team is. A pacey, pinpoint free kick, is a pacey pinpoint free kick.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2011 17:20

Forbury Lion No Jobi McAnuff playing ahead of him and suddenly Ian Harte is looking world class, getting forward scoring goals.... coincidence?

NB - I rate McAnuff, but maybe the partnership down the left wasn't getting the most out of Ian Harte.

Discuss.

He's had too get forward to help out HRK who is less able than McAnuff. And snowball is right, he's had a kick up the arse and come back flying.

McAnuff is in our top three performers for me with Long and Legs. Fantastic player.
By my reckoning joint second best assister with Long behind Hunty - (6), ok goal return from a winger (3) and second only to Long when it comes to playing a key role in the build up to goals (8). And the majority of Long's contributions in that respect come from winning penalties.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 10 Mar 2011 18:06, edited 1 time in total.