QPR points deduction?

1341 posts
West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: QPR points deduction?

by West Stand Man » 11 Mar 2011 14:10

Muskrat If proven,the FootbalLOL Association will bottle this one and just impose a fine, gauranteed.

Fielding an illegible player is one of the biggest wrongs you can do as a football club, if not the biggest. In the FA Cup, clubs are always thrown out of the competition for this, so following that logic the FA must deduct points from QPR. But we know they won't, it will be a fairly large, albeit inconsequential to them, fine and slap on the wrist to not do it again.

I think that any player who is unreadable would be highly sought after!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Mar 2011 15:17

Muskrat Fielding an illegible player is one of the biggest wrongs you can do as a football club, if not the biggest. In the FA Cup, clubs are always thrown out of the competition for this, so following that logic the FA must deduct points from QPR.

IIRC AFC Wimbledon got their 18 pts deduction and thrown out of the FA cup because they played someone ineligible in one game who happened to be welsh and they didn't get international clearance to sign him. They were thrown out of the cup but the 18pt penalty (which was all the points they'd won since he signed) was reduced to 3 pts, which was the game he actually played in.

In QPRs case they've got to answer to fielding an ineligible player (due to 3rd party ownership), for giving the FA false information, and for using the services of an unauthorised agent. Anyone else would be bang to rights and lose all points in every game he'd played in, but they'll probably just get a ticking off and a fine.

Also not too clear on how the FA and Football League will each handle this, all the FA can do is fine them and boot them out of the cup, the FL would deduct points.
Last edited by PieEater on 11 Mar 2011 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Mar 2011 15:31

IIRC, Spurs got fined and received a point dedcution (later overturned on appeal) whereas s*indon got relegated 2 divisions for illegal payments. Also, the lower down the football pyramid you go, the harsher the penalties imposed by the so-called football authorities. You only have to look at some of the suspensions meted out in Sunday Leagues all over the country and compare them to what the top pros get. I have absolutely no idea how the FL and FA will react over this. One thing I am sure of though is that the punishment will be greater for QPR than that delivered on West Ham.

The sooner that football in this country gets properly organised the better. Do we really need all the County FAs, National FA AND Football League? REALLY??? :shock:

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 11 Mar 2011 17:12

I'm not exactly holding my breath on a fair and just response from the FA on this one, but I am interested in how far up the richter-scale of hypocrisy Warnock is going to register :|

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Mar 2011 17:32

He's already said the situation at QPR is COMPLETELY different than the Tevez situation.

And he's right.

It's far worse :lol:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Mar 2011 18:25

QPR are not going to be deducted any points :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Mar 2011 19:25

The whole year inn QPR are not going to be deducted any points :roll:

On the panel that decides are you?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 12 Mar 2011 15:21

No doubt i will be slated on this opinion, but I like Warnock, whenever he speaks about Reading, he is full of praise for us about the team, manager and on how a well run club we are, I think if QPR were found guilty of the charges and were deducted points he would walk away from them, if this happens then I have to admit that I will feel for him, to be involved in two situations like this, as he will have been, and to be effectively the innocent party, would be hard for him to swallow. In reality if they are found guilty of flouting the league rules then recent history dictates that they will have to lose points, and due to the length of time that this has been going on and the amount of games that Fourlan has been involved in, then it should be a substantial points loss.

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 12 Mar 2011 16:55

howser ............... the innocent party.

The same Neil Warnock who is in league with Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore?

You'd wouln't expect either of them to be involved in anything dodgy, now would you.

The same Bernie Ecclestone who donated money to the Labour party and persuaded Tony Blair to exempt formula one from tobacco advertising legislation.

The same Flavio Briatore who was forced to resign from the ING Renault F1 team due to his involvement in race fixing at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

Innocent party? I think a more appropriate phrase might be guilty by association.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 12 Mar 2011 17:08

Fair point FC, but as you point out Ecclestone and Briartore have had chequred pasts, I dont think too many managers have much to do with the actual contract negotiations and selling details that go on between, Players, agents and the selling club. So I stand by my choice of words, not sure that "guilty by association" is totally appropriate in this circumstance.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 12 Mar 2011 17:12

Someone at The Football League trying to dodge a bullet The Football League discovered the alleged breach of rules in September last year but as it did not have rules banning third –party ownership at the time he signed the case was passed to the FA.

Someone at the FA receiving a back-hander from QPR to smooth things over The FA consider that Faurlin, who is a QPR regular and signed a four-year contract extension in October 2010, has been eligible to play because his registration was lodged with the FA.

Same person at the FA receiving a back-hander from QPR to smooth things over also The FA allowed QPR to buy out the third-party rights in January 2011 so that the player could continue to play without breaching any rules.

Now having been found out, and in an attempt to dodge a bullet the person at the FA receiving a back-hander from QPR to smooth things over then The FA on Wednesday charged the club and chairman Gianni Paladini with breaching seven regulations, including providing false information when the player was registered......

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 12 Mar 2011 17:28

Ian Royal
The whole year inn QPR are not going to be deducted any points :roll:

On the panel that decides are you?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 Mar 2011 11:17

12 point deduction before the end of the season I reckon.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Mar 2011 11:33

PEARCEY 12 point deduction before the end of the season I reckon.

It should be 18+

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 Mar 2011 12:01

I can't see how any football fan can think he's innocent after the battle of Bramall Lane.

And similarly winding up Keith Gillespie to crock Hunt within a few seconds of coming on as a sub.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 13 Mar 2011 15:16

NR_Royal I would jizz everywhere if they got points deducted so that they fall below us. :lol:

Steady on, it's not that exciting!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 13 Mar 2011 15:56

howser No doubt i will be slated on this opinion, but I like Warnock, whenever he speaks about Reading, he is full of praise for us about the team, manager and on how a well run club we are, I think if QPR were found guilty of the charges and were deducted points he would walk away from them, if this happens then I have to admit that I will feel for him, to be involved in two situations like this, as he will have been, and to be effectively the innocent party, would be hard for him to swallow. In reality if they are found guilty of flouting the league rules then recent history dictates that they will have to lose points, and due to the length of time that this has been going on and the amount of games that Fourlan has been involved in, then it should be a substantial points loss.

hes on the record as saying we are everything he dislikes about a modern football club

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2011 19:53

PieEater

I can't see how any football fan can think he's innocent after the battle of Bramall Lane.

And similarly winding up Keith Gillespie to crock Hunt within a few seconds of coming on as a sub.

Difference between being innocent in general (he's not) and innocent in this case. He wasn't involved in the original transfer... may possibly have been involved in the cover up later, but not certainly the case.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 13 Mar 2011 20:09

Ian Royal
PieEater

Difference between being innocent in general (he's not) and innocent in this case. He wasn't involved in the original transfer... may possibly have been involved in the cover up later, but not certainly the case.

Warnock is no shrinking violet, as we all know, but I doubt if he would be privy to any financial/transfer shenanigans.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Mar 2011 07:45

howser No doubt i will be slated on this opinion, but I like Warnock, whenever he speaks about Reading, he is full of praise for us about the team, manager and on how a well run club we are.

Ever heard of sarcasm??

he hates us - always has done. Colin is a dinosaur that thinks football teams South of Watford gap services are "soft", and instructs his teams to go and kick lumps out of opponents; did you not watch his QPR team trying to break Kebe's legs last Month? Typical Colin.

An odious man, loved by the meejay cos he is a "character".....hmmmm, so was Fred West apparantly.

I despise the pig.

1341 posts