Possible Replacements for Long?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Possible Replacements for Long?

by Millsy » 31 May 2011 22:45

Big Ern Will probably be Simon Church.

This is the saddest truth from what we now know of the once-glorious Madejski :(

Still, to be honest if he can become anything like Long I'd take anyone as a replacement, as long as he isn't Mr Zero for months like Long was as I'm not sure we can afford another ruined season as another Mr Zero learns needs to learn where the goal is for half of it.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 31 May 2011 22:51

1TeamInBerksRFC
Norfolk Royal Morrison is off to Norwich, he put in a transfer request and Norwich have had two bids turned down, just about to go in again.

Here's one worth a punt, Cody MacDonad. Scored bucket loads this season on loan to Gillingham from Norwich but will not get into their premiership team. He'd go for a million. Very quick, eye for goal.

He's no target man but him alongside a Long style player would be well worth the punt.

no he has Not

You are an idiot. Sorry, been lurking for ages but felt I had to log on to clarify this fact.

Super Royals

by Super Royals » 31 May 2011 22:57

Y21
1TeamInBerksRFC
Norfolk Royal Morrison is off to Norwich, he put in a transfer request and Norwich have had two bids turned down, just about to go in again.

Here's one worth a punt, Cody MacDonad. Scored bucket loads this season on loan to Gillingham from Norwich but will not get into their premiership team. He'd go for a million. Very quick, eye for goal.

He's no target man but him alongside a Long style player would be well worth the punt.

no he has Not

You are an idiot. Sorry, been lurking for ages but felt I had to log on to clarify this fact.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 01 Jun 2011 01:53

I'm gr8 pals with 1TeamInBerksRFC in real life. He's actually alright

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 01 Jun 2011 03:07

Charlie Davies...a US born striker.

He was an up and coming star until he almost died in a serious car accident. He suffered bleeding on the brain, a lacerated bladder, in addition to multiple leg, arm and facial fractures in the accident which killed his passenger. He was slated to be the first choice striker for the USMNT for the last WC until the accident. He has made a remarkable recovery and is playing at DC United in MLS on loan from his French club Sochaux. He has speed to burn and has always had a nose for the goal, which he hasn't lost, scoring 6 goals in 9 games for DC United this season. Probably would be able to pick him up relatively cheap.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 01 Jun 2011 06:23

The Cap
Will probably be Simon Church.

Really?? And to think he was being touted by the 'Pool at one stage. :roll:

I heard that too, Harteplool were definitely interested

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Jun 2011 07:24

Snowball IF Shane goes

I know it hurts mate, but you're going to have to face reality. His agent was agreeing his signing on fee as they scored their last goal.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Jun 2011 07:25

Avon Royal
Snowball IF Shane goes

I know it hurts mate, but you're going to have to face reality. His agent was agreeing his signing on fee as they scored their last goal.

Who with?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Jun 2011 07:28

Harpers So Solid Crew
Avon Royal
Snowball IF Shane goes

Who with?

Any one of a "long" list. Ho ho.

My money would be on Celtic.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 01 Jun 2011 08:36

MANSET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Jun 2011 09:02

Marlon Harewood is on a free transfer, but will probably be snapped up by a premiership team.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 01 Jun 2011 09:30

Avon Royal
Snowball IF Shane goes

Afraid so. When the chairman doesn't even bother denying it, you know it's over.

As for a replacement, SEB would make me genuinely optimistic for the new season. No idea whether it's plausible.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Jun 2011 09:32

If we invest the time in Church and let him play week in week out even when he's not scoring. If we're able to have the same patience with him that we had with Long. At least McDermott had patience for Long even if alot of fans didn't. If we can put that investment in to Church, I think he will also develop into an outstanding striker. He won't be the same as Long because he is a slightly different type of forward man. But he can still be very effective. Church does have an excellent rasping long range shot on him. So give him the chances and the time and he will develop.

loyalroyalsam

by loyalroyalsam » 01 Jun 2011 09:58

iain hume from preston anybody? i've always thought he's looked good when he's came to the mad stad and when i've seen him on the FLS.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 01 Jun 2011 10:11

Big Ern Will probably be Simon Church.

pass the Beta blockers.....

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Jun 2011 10:37

The club has already replaced Shane Long. We have Mathieu Manset, Brett Williams and Simon Church (not this season's version, the REAL SImon Church who must surely come back next year or will be gone frmop RFC).

The club has already replaced Jimmy Kebe. We have Hal Robson-Kanu and Michael Antonio.

The club has already replaced Matt Mills. We have Sean Morrison.

The club has already replaced Adam Federici. We have Alex McCarthy.

The club has already made 3 new sihnings for the 1st XI squad next season. We have Jake Taylor, Jordan Obita and Lawson De'ath.

Hope this is of use to the fans who have been asleep all last season! Goodness me.

(BTW I am not suggesting that these players are as good as those they are replacing, merely that the squad numbers and make-up is sorted for next season. Any other signings in the close-season must be considered a Brucy Bonus. Unless we get shed loads for Long/Kebe/Mills/Federic, say £10M, we cannot expect anything in the way of a significant signing. That's just the way it is at RFC).

Super Royals

by Super Royals » 01 Jun 2011 14:10

loyalroyalsam iain hume from preston anybody? i've always thought he's looked good when he's came to the mad stad and when i've seen him on the FLS.

Good Shout :wink:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Jun 2011 20:05

fester_royal
Super Royals Possible Strikers to replace Long should he go:

Morison (Millwall) ??
Mackail-Smith (P'boro) ??
Rhodes (Huddersfield) ??
Lee Hughes (Notts C) (even though he's a murderer :lol: ) ??
Madine (Sheff Wed) ??
DJ Campbell (B'pool) ??

Any suggestions?

Morrison will have too much of a price tag, mackail smith is more likely heading to Norwich,Campbell is very unlikely and as for lee Hughes.. Over my dead o*ford body!!!

Hughes could probably arrange that.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Jun 2011 20:36

strap The club has already replaced Shane Long. We have Mathieu Manset, Brett Williams and Simon Church

That's like saying he's already replaced his car, he has a push bike in the garage.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Jun 2011 20:53

Avon Royal
strap The club has already replaced Shane Long. We have Mathieu Manset, Brett Williams and Simon Church

That's like saying he's already replaced his car, he has a push bike in the garage.

To be fair, that is a replacement - just not likely to go as fast or as far as the original.

In fact, all in all, a particularly good analogy.