It's always been sh*t. It's always been sh*****t.....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: It's always been sh*t. It's always been sh*****t.....

by floyd__streete » 11 Jan 2012 13:21

I like to call this 'The Brendan Rodgers derby'; both sets of fans sat in abject silence looking sad as the ball is lumped into touch for the billionth time courtesy of the boot of ropey old 'honest' pros like Andy Griffin or Lloyd Doyley.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 11 Jan 2012 13:24

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Floyd_Street wrote: Can recall a 4-1 tonking at EP

A young Kevin Phillips played in that game.

...and a certain Nigel Gibbs was sent off.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 11 Jan 2012 13:26

Oh remember being halfway down the M4 one winters day when the game was called off :x

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Jan 2012 13:27

Svlad Cjelli And 3 years ago this week there was a decent 4-0 home win.

Yeah and what happened to our home form after that? :lol:

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Jan 2012 13:27

Maguire

We did beat Wolves in the next home game - then that was the effective end of the season.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Jan 2012 13:31

Svlad Cjelli
Maguire

We did beat Wolves in the next home game - then that was the effective end of the season.

Ah yeah, I remember that. We played Julian Kelly right-back and got lucky with an og.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 11 Jan 2012 13:37

floyd__streete I like to call this 'The Brendan Rodgers derby'; both sets of fans sat in abject silence looking sad as the ball is lumped into touch for the billionth time courtesy of the boot of ropey old 'honest' pros like Andy Griffin or Lloyd Doyley.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Jan 2012 13:39

floyd__streete I like to call this 'The Brendan Rodgers derby'; both sets of fans sat in abject silence looking sad as the ball is lumped into touch for the billionth time courtesy of the boot of ropey old 'honest' pros like Andy Griffin or Lloyd Doyley.

I particularly remember that goal Doyley scored past Buffon, his Champions League appearances and who could forget the FA Cup final he played in for Newcastle. On the other hand what's Andy Griffin ever done in his career?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 11 Jan 2012 13:42

sandman

I particularly remember that goal Doyley scored past Buffon, his Champions League appearances and who could forget the FA Cup final he played in for Newcastle. On the other hand what's Andy Griffin ever done in his career?

This thread has nothing to do with Adam Federici :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Jan 2012 13:43

Should sing this at the game, few of them would probably have a sniggle in agreement. Awful fixture...point each and lets move onto the next.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Jan 2012 13:45

:lol: :lol:

god stop it...one touch to steady the second to give it a big old thump into the stands.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Jan 2012 13:45

LoyalRoyalFan
sandman

This thread has nothing to do with Adam Federici :roll:

Hey look it's my shadow.

Keep your hands out of your trousers GenericRoyalFan it's got nothing to do with Alex McCarthy either.
Last edited by sandman on 11 Jan 2012 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Jan 2012 13:50

1871 Royal I might actually put a few quid on 0-0.

9/1 on skybet

Likewise, returns of £10 will pay for a Sat night out

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 11 Jan 2012 13:55

Wimb Oh remember being halfway down the M4 one winters day when the game was called off :x

I remember breaking down on the motorway one winter's day and missing a 1-2 there.

Also remember going there for a 3rd Cup game that was called off (fog) then just about seeing us lose 0-5 in the still fog-benighted re-arranged game.

Never seen Reading win there, the ghost goal being the only pleasant surprise but not one we could cheer much at the time. Whassat? What happened? Oh.

Pool and Darts

by Pool and Darts » 11 Jan 2012 13:56

Maguire
The Real Sandhurst Royal
Floyd_Street wrote: Can recall a 4-1 tonking at EP

A young Kevin Phillips played in that game.

And scored IIRC

I remember the 4-2. Did they have Graham Taylor back as manager then? Dire stuff.

3-0 win was when Pardew gave Peter Castle and Ahmed Rifat (??) places in the squad. Never saw them in the shirt again that I remember.

Didn't we once lose 1-0 on the last day of the season before the play-offs when someone like Ashley Young scored a deflected goal and the whoel thing was full of daytrippers and completely awful?

It was Peter Castle and Darren(?) Campbell wasn't it? Campbell was a right winger, Castle a CB.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 11 Jan 2012 13:57

"Huh?"

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Jan 2012 14:04

Pool and Darts It was Peter Castle and Darren(?) Campbell wasn't it? Campbell was a right winger, Castle a CB.

Yeah you're right - I remember seeing Campbell in traing a few times. Small but lively. Still, I was right with the "never saw him again" bit!

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 11 Jan 2012 14:05

0-0 at Watford in the premiership was, literally, the worst game of football I have ever seen. The skysports highlight being, apparently, a lingering close up on myself & RL. IIRC Bikey played right back and looked like he had never seen a football before in his life.

Only half decent one I can recall was a 0-3 win at Watford in a game when we were already promoted.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 11 Jan 2012 14:08

Schards#2 0-0 at Watford in the premiership was, literally, the worst game of football I have ever seen. The skysports highlight being, apparently, a lingering close up on myself & RL. IIRC Bikey played right back and looked like he had never seen a football before in his life.

Only half decent one I can recall was a 0-3 win at Watford in a game when we were already promoted.

Worse than the Coventry away 0-0 in 09?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 11 Jan 2012 14:09

mr_number
Schards#2 0-0 at Watford in the premiership was, literally, the worst game of football I have ever seen. The skysports highlight being, apparently, a lingering close up on myself & RL. IIRC Bikey played right back and looked like he had never seen a football before in his life.

Worse than the Coventry away 0-0 in 09?

Or the two Walsall FA Cup ties?