Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

250 posts
Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

Re: Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

by Handsome Man » 29 Jan 2012 08:53

Royal Lady Why are people getting so excited that we're 4th? We won't be 4th after Tuesday night - it's only because most other teams around us were playing in the second round of the FA cup yesterday. :roll:

It is because we're 4th.
It means that we are in the play-off positions.
Only three people are above us.
So it is exciting - football can be like that.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 29 Jan 2012 08:58

It's amazing we are where we are considering. Unlock that protential and let's go for the ride.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Jan 2012 09:08

To be honest a generally shoddy performance with all the usual troubles. Roberts and Karacan looked really good though and I though Antonio looked worthy of his place in the team.

City looked a better side than Hull did and yet we managed to claim the points. Nice to see Roberts on penalties will have no trouble fitting in with our general standard at the things.

And as is typical the day saw us have two penalties and a couple of free kicks in dangerous positions and Harte wasn't playing!

I think we're certainly missing Leigertwood in the middle, despite being good players I am still not convinced on a pairing of Karacan and Tabb in the middle.

One other thing on penalties, doesn't that make five penalties in total we've had this season and we've missed four of them and the penalties have only come along in two games? Or did we miss one at Coventry as well?

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: No One back from Bristol C game yet?

by Ferris » 29 Jan 2012 09:11

Pepe the Horseman Shit game, pretty poor performance again. Roberts played well. My highlight was when the post and Roberts partially covered the Draper Tools advertising board so it read 'rape tools'

rofl

:lol:

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 29 Jan 2012 09:13

As Bristol C were down to ten men - I thought it was very sporting of Brian McD to bring on Church. Why moan at throw ins - how many corners have we now had that come to nowt. Roberts gave the ball away twice but mostly held it up and laid on some nicely weighted passes - he really wanted to play and it showed.
He's gonna be good.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Jan 2012 09:31

Royal Lady Why are people getting so excited that we're 4th? We won't be 4th after Tuesday night - it's only because most other teams around us were playing in the second round of the FA cup yesterday. :roll:

:|

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 29 Jan 2012 09:44

The flick from Hunt to Roberts for the penalty was brilliant.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 29 Jan 2012 09:59

Pandoras Box As Bristol C were down to ten men - I thought it was very sporting of Brian McD to bring on Church.

:lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Jan 2012 11:11

dogzbollox
Snowball 9 James
8.5 The Bristol City side average

Thought they were good enough for top six and unlucky to lose. Better than Hull

8 CRXWZXYA (or whoever) Very little time but made one great ball from the RB position, one great "skin" of a defender, and made a penalty. V Promising

CRXWZXYA...??? Do you really think that because you have posted so regularly on here that it gives you the right to be so patronising..? you complete w*nker!!

Forgive me, My Lord, for I know not what I do.
Lord, I was tired and could not spell a foreign name
But, my Lord, I praiseth the Polish Chappie, for he doth deserveth praise.

PS I don't wink, tasser

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 29 Jan 2012 11:21

Feds kept us in it with 2 good saves in first 10 mins.

Antonio's crossing yday better than Kebe's usually is.

Karacan amazing energy.

I make that 5 pens missed this season:

Hunt v Cov - cost 2 points
Hunt v Barnsley - cost 2 points
Harte v Barnsley - cost the same 2 points
Roberts v BCFC - cost 0 points
MCanuff v BCFC - cost 0 points

The only one we scored was HRK's slow motion effort v Barnsley.

I may have missed remembering some others, but not as many as the team have missed.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 29 Jan 2012 11:33

Pretty drab performance. I like Griffin, and he did ok at LB, but he's so 1 footed he can't help us build attacking play up that wing

Alf HAS to start with Roberts. I think that would be our perfect combination.

.......Their LB was f*cking class. Quick, strong & very good on the ball. Can we have him please!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 29 Jan 2012 11:40

Handsome Man Strange game! It really doesn't seem quite right that we are 4th. We only really look a good side against the best teams in the division.

Bristol City looked very well organised and made it hard for us to grind them down, but we had the best of most of the game and more chances: we deserved the three points.

Karacan was immense, Antonio was very good, again, and it was great to see us playing with a centre forward who can hold onto the ball and play it wide.

From where we were in the Upper West, it looked as though the new bloke had dived theatrically for the second penalty.

From where I was in the UW it looked like he was barged over, inside the box. Looked a nailed on penalty at first sight and hasn't changed on second viewing.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 29 Jan 2012 11:45

It didn't really matter to the outcome but ...

After about 6 mins of the game the ball was threaded through to Roberts, who was clearly in an offside position. as the ball went past him he turned to chase it. The instant he turned and moved the flag went up for the offside. So where, pray tell, was the FIFA/FA guidance about the player having to touch the ball?

The truth is that yesterday's assistant got it spot on, Roberts was offside and he was interfering with play; last weeks referee and assistant need re-educating

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Jan 2012 12:00

West Stand Man
Handsome Man Strange game! It really doesn't seem quite right that we are 4th. We only really look a good side against the best teams in the division.

Bristol City looked very well organised and made it hard for us to grind them down, but we had the best of most of the game and more chances: we deserved the three points.

Karacan was immense, Antonio was very good, again, and it was great to see us playing with a centre forward who can hold onto the ball and play it wide.

From where we were in the Upper West, it looked as though the new bloke had dived theatrically for the second penalty.

From where I was in the UW it looked like he was barged over, inside the box. Looked a nailed on penalty at first sight and hasn't changed on second viewing.

It was right in front of where we sit and, although I was exiting the toilet at the time, everyone said it was a terrible dive.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Jan 2012 12:01

Fox Talbot Hunt v Barnsley - cost 2 points

We lost 2-1 though, so surely they just cost us a point? :?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 29 Jan 2012 12:02

Maguire
It was right in front of where we sit and, although I was exiting the toilet at the time, everyone said it was a terrible dive.

Which, given the subsequent evidence, should cause you to doubt anything else they tell you in future!

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 29 Jan 2012 12:05

Maguire
Fox Talbot Hunt v Barnsley - cost 2 points

We lost 2-1 though, so surely they just cost us a point? :?

Matter of opinion I suppose. If we'd scored one of those I thought we would have gone on to win.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 29 Jan 2012 12:07

West Stand Man It didn't really matter to the outcome but ...

After about 6 mins of the game the ball was threaded through to Roberts, who was clearly in an offside position. as the ball went past him he turned to chase it. The instant he turned and moved the flag went up for the offside. So where, pray tell, was the FIFA/FA guidance about the player having to touch the ball?

The truth is that yesterday's assistant got it spot on, Roberts was offside and he was interfering with play; last weeks referee and assistant need re-educating

Technically speaking, the ref last week got it right and yesterday's got it wrong (the's a link to the rule in the Hull match thread somewhere), but your very valid point still stands. A precedent has been set, so you can't just change it without telling anybody. I think most people thought the ref last week had got it wrong and were surprised by the proper ruling.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 29 Jan 2012 12:07

West Stand Man
Maguire

Which, given the subsequent evidence, should cause you to doubt anything else they tell you in future!

Well no, unless you've seen a camera angle which is better than sitting right in front of the incident as the players run toward you.

Main camera angle told us nothing.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 29 Jan 2012 12:12

robinsfriday
Not wearing knickers mate. To me a 6/10 is a below average performance. We could debate all night what constitutes an average performance in regards to a marking system out of ten points but quite frankly I have better things to do. Personally, 6/10 is a poor mark. Sorry if you don't agree.

You failed Maths didn't you?

By any measure of scoring the middle score is an average performance. That makes 5 a low average and 6 a high average. Just this once a justified - End of.

250 posts