Back From the Game-Posh 3 Royals 1

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back From the Game-Posh 3 Royals 1

by Extended-Phenotype » 21 Mar 2012 13:36

I see.

Must admit, I haven't been that fussed with Mullins. Cummings only had one bad game (Donny) as far as I recall.

Not sure a slow back four is a great idea ( aka I hope McDermott's head falls off and smashes on the ground like a plate of mince).

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Mar 2012 13:38

Mr Angry
Norfolk Royal
Barry the bird boggler West Ham's game in hand is Posh away next Tuesday - bet they don't come a cropper there.

I wouldn't bet against it happening after seeing them last night. If they maintain that level of performance WHU will get a gubbing.

Awful game; a couple of notches above pub football bar the Boro goal. Emnes was embarassingly poor.

I was referring to Peterborough's performance.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 21 Mar 2012 14:46

Extended-Phenotype
Rob-Royal
Extended-Phenotype I agree - McD should have mixed up the squad a bit more. Too many away games on the trot, and it showed.

What is the f/ing point in bringing in Cywka if you aren’t going to use him? Perfect time for him to have stepped in or been subbed on. Jem and Kebe looked dead. Chasing for an equaliser was the perfect time to stick some attack in that midfield, or give the wing some fresh legs.

McD really could have helped us out in this game.

Harsh and unfair. If McD had changed it and used the squad and we'd lost then there would be howels of why change a winning team?! It also goes against the 'keeping hold of the shirt' ethos which has served us well so far.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Aye, it's really harsh to wonder why the squad weren't used during a sprint of fixtures, while watching players limp around the pitch.

To bring it up obviously means I want McD to die of AIDS.

You're cool.......I want to be like you when I grow up

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 21 Mar 2012 15:09

Rob-Royal
Extended-Phenotype
Rob-Royal
Harsh and unfair. If McD had changed it and used the squad and we'd lost then there would be howels of why change a winning team?! It also goes against the 'keeping hold of the shirt' ethos which has served us well so far.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Aye, it's really harsh to wonder why the squad weren't used during a sprint of fixtures, while watching players limp around the pitch.

To bring it up obviously means I want McD to die of AIDS.

You're cool.......I want to be like you when I grow up

Well, suck enough cocks and keep your fingers crossed...

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 21 Mar 2012 19:18

Crowthorne Royal So, having had a look at the run in's this morning I have to say WH and ourselves have significantly more difficult games than S'oton.

Predicting the scores however, I unfortunately come up with the following:

Soton - next 8 games W4 D2 L2 - Finish on 89 pts (I have us losing to Saints with their impeccable home record)
West Ham - next 9 games W6 D2 L1 - Finish on 88 pts (Incidentally I have us drawing with WH at their place)
Reading - next 8 games W4 D3 L1 - Finish on 85 pts

If W Ham's run-in is worse than Southampton's, and they are obviously in poorer form, why do you think they'll get better results?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Mar 2012 19:32

Crowthorne Royal So, having had a look at the run in's this morning I have to say WH and ourselves have significantly more difficult games than S'oton.

Predicting the scores however, I unfortunately come up with the following:

Soton - next 8 games W4 D2 L2 - Finish on 89 pts (I have us losing to Saints with their impeccable home record)
West Ham - next 9 games W6 D2 L1 - Finish on 88 pts (Incidentally I have us drawing with WH at their place)
Reading - next 8 games W4 D3 L1 - Finish on 85 pts

Have West Ham really only got two more games at home?

If not, how come you've only got them down for two draws? :wink:

rfc58

by rfc58 » 21 Mar 2012 19:44

Must have knocked my head, as at 2pm yesterday, I suddenly thought it would be a great idea to drive to Peterborough from Exeter....

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 21 Mar 2012 20:03

rfc58 Must have knocked my head, as at 2pm yesterday, I suddenly thought it would be a great idea to drive to Peterborough from Exeter....

Great effort, I thought driving up from Bristol was bad enough!

Performance was very disappointing, as others have said maybe a bit of squad rotation would have been useful. Quality away end though.