Saints Away - First Half

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Saints Away - First Half

by Snowball » 13 Apr 2012 19:45

09 Federici One great catch one brilliant save from Gorks, two other stops.

08 Harte Southampton tactics making life difficult. Standing up well
08 Pearce Generally good, grabbing a short occasionally, one head over the bar
08 Gorkss Solid, under pressure but coping well
09 Cummings Playing very solidly, a few great toe-ins. Gonna be a start in 2-3 years

08 McAnuff. Started quietly but getting better as the game goes on. Holds the ball for the extra, vital few seconds
08 Tabb Working hard, simple passes, almost invisible but doing a good job against classy players
07 Mullins I may be wrong as I'vee hardly noticed him, but the score is 1-0 to us! Another one who does it simply
08 Kebe. Quiet mainly, but gets the extra point for a super cross

09 Roberts Not just for his goal but his hold-up play and wide play. They can't handle him!
07 Hunt Hard-working so probably deserves an 8, but nothing special (yet)

Player for player Saints look classier than us and they've probably had more of the ball
but it would be unfair to say they are "dominating" but they were 'edging it" for 20 minutes.

Lovely, professional performance but the first 15 minutes of the second half are crucial

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Saints Away - First Half

by Royal Ginger » 13 Apr 2012 20:54

Agree that Cummings was stand-out in the first half.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Apr 2012 20:56

Snowball 09 Federici One great catch one brilliant save from Gorks, two other stops.

09 Cummings Playing very solidly, a few great toe-ins. Gonna be a start in 2-3 years

08 McAnuff. Started quietly but getting better as the game goes on. Holds the ball for the extra, vital few seconds
08 Tabb Working hard, simple passes, almost invisible but doing a good job against classy players
07 Mullins I may be wrong as I'vee hardly noticed him, but the score is 1-0 to us! Another one who does it simply

09 Roberts Not just for his goal but his hold-up play and wide play. They can't handle him!

Player for player Saints look classier than us and they've probably had more of the ball
but it would be unfair to say they are "dominating" but they were 'edging it" for 20 minutes.

Lovely, professional performance but the first 15 minutes of the second half are crucial

Mullins does exactly what you said. A quiet but extremely efficient player who was involved in the build up to our first goal.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Apr 2012 21:09

RoyalBlue
Snowball 09 Federici One great catch one brilliant save from Gorks, two other stops.

Mullins does exactly what you said. A quiet but extremely efficient player who was involved in the build up to our first goal.

If we win away against a VERY good side, our midfield must have done well, I agree.

(But I am pissed)

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Apr 2012 21:15

Didn't think Mullins was all that. There were a lot of long balls struck from the back for the forwards to chase. Not to say they didn't do their bit, but for the most part i thought Mullins/Tabb were cut out.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 13 Apr 2012 21:16

Royal Ginger Didn't think Mullins was all that. There were a lot of long balls struck from the back for the forwards to chase. Not to say they didn't do their bit, but for the most part i thought Mullins/Tabb were cut out.

Would agree with that, our central midfield were bypassed much of the game.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Apr 2012 21:22

Maybe that's why I don't remember them much (plus two bottles of Merlot)

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1