Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
postwhisperer

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by postwhisperer » 14 Apr 2012 17:39

chilipepper91
Royal Rother To Stuka- Of course, but it probably wouldn't have happened without the signing of Roberts which was funded by TSI's money.

And it also helped keep Kebe and Federici here.

we dont need mercenaries

FVCK TSI

we ain't chelsea
WE READING

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2012 17:44

postwhisperer
chilipepper91
Royal Rother To Stuka- Of course, but it probably wouldn't have happened without the signing of Roberts which was funded by TSI's money.

we dont need mercenaries

FVCK TSI

we ain't chelsea
WE READING

Way too obvious.
Last edited by sandman on 14 Apr 2012 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Apr 2012 17:44

postwhisperer
chilipepper91

we dont need mercenaries

FVCK TSI

we ain't chelsea
WE READING

Without their investment we will make an abrupt return to the Championship and then face further annual black holes and restructuring. Basically back where we were before TSI came along and ultimately edging towards the trapdoor to League 1.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Apr 2012 17:46

postwhisperer
chilipepper91

we dont need mercenaries

FVCK TSI

we ain't chelsea
WE READING

Is this bloke pissed or demented?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Apr 2012 17:48

Friday's Legacy
postwhisperer
chilipepper91

we dont need mercenaries

FVCK TSI

we ain't chelsea
WE READING

Without their investment we will make an abrupt return to the Championship and then face further annual black holes and restructuring. Basically back where we were before TSI came along and ultimately edging towards the trapdoor to League 1.

:lol: :lol:

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 14 Apr 2012 17:49

Every time this thread gets bumped up I'm half expecting news...

postwhisperer

by postwhisperer » 14 Apr 2012 17:51

keep it real prejudice has no place in the world

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Apr 2012 17:54

You disagree, Churchy? Without TSI we would have lost McDermott, and that's a fact. There would have been no Jason Roberts, Federici or Kebe in January. The summer would have meant more summer sales to balance the books. When you can't afford to replace quality with quality you ultimately become one of the weaker teams in the league. Just my opinion, but don't let the good times we're enjoying (because of TSI's investment) cloud your opinion of where we were as a club financially without their investment.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 14 Apr 2012 18:31

Stuka Does the value of Reading FC increase as promotion looks more and more likely?

Yes.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 14 Apr 2012 18:49

No Hoops
Stuka Does the value of Reading FC increase as promotion looks more and more likely?

Yes.

Already answered and explained mate.
Last edited by Stuka on 14 Apr 2012 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 14 Apr 2012 18:51

postwhisperer keep it real prejudice has no place in the world

or punctuation, apparently.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Apr 2012 18:54

Friday's Legacy You disagree, Churchy? Without TSI we would have lost McDermott, and that's a fact. There would have been no Jason Roberts, Federici or Kebe in January. The summer would have meant more summer sales to balance the books. When you can't afford to replace quality with quality you ultimately become one of the weaker teams in the league. Just my opinion, but don't let the good times we're enjoying (because of TSI's investment) cloud your opinion of where we were as a club financially without their investment.

Losing McDermott isn't really a fact though is it? Why would there have been no Federici? I don't remember us getting any bids for him, the club also said we wouldn't sell Kebe in January.

When we first heard of TSI we were 8th and had just won 7 in 9, doesn't sound like we were slipping towards relegation to me.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Apr 2012 19:04

Simon's Church
Friday's Legacy You disagree, Churchy? Without TSI we would have lost McDermott, and that's a fact. There would have been no Jason Roberts, Federici or Kebe in January. The summer would have meant more summer sales to balance the books. When you can't afford to replace quality with quality you ultimately become one of the weaker teams in the league. Just my opinion, but don't let the good times we're enjoying (because of TSI's investment) cloud your opinion of where we were as a club financially without their investment.

Losing McDermott isn't really a fact though is it? Why would there have been no Federici? I don't remember us getting any bids for him, the club also said we wouldn't sell Kebe in January.

When we first heard of TSI we were 8th and had just won 7 in 9, doesn't sound like we were slipping towards relegation to me.

Had there been no TSI then McDermott would have gone to Wolves.

Also, Federici asked to leave in January and we were considering letting Kebe go with one firm bid on the table, rather than lose him in the summer for free.

TSI made the difference. You seem to think we'll be fine without their investment. I merely highlight that without them we wouldn't be where we are right now, and this summer would be more of the same with regards to other big names leaving to balance the books, only this time without McDermott to rebuild his 3rd team.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Apr 2012 19:09

Generally quite happy with the idea of TSI, and everyone at the club is saying all of the right things, i only really have 2 concerns which can perhaps be put to rest by someone more knowledgeable on here.

1. What sort of return is TSI looking for on their investment, and over what period?

2. And just how involved is Anton going to get in the everyday. E.g will we see his cousin turn up with his boots.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 14 Apr 2012 19:26

Friday's Legacy
postwhisperer
chilipepper91

we dont need mercenaries

FVCK TSI

we ain't chelsea
WE READING

Come on FL! PW was on the wind up! He has been trying for a few days, and now caught a biggie

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Apr 2012 19:28

Friday's Legacy
Maybe, maybe not.

Also, Federici asked to leave in January and we were considering letting Kebe go with one firm bid on the table, rather than lose him in the summer for free.
News to me.

TSI made the difference. You seem to think we'll be fine without their investment. I merely highlight that without them we wouldn't be where we are right now, and this summer would be more of the same with regards to other big names leaving to balance the books, only this time without McDermott to rebuild his 3rd team.
We wouldn't be where we are now and we may not have even made the play-offs but I still think that to suggest 'no TSI = relegation within a few years' is a massive leap of logic. Don't forget that even with our crappy pre-Roberts team we had already beaten West Ham, Birmingham and almost Southampton.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Apr 2012 21:08

Royal Lady Do we yet know WHO the consortium consists of? Or will we never know.....

Why do you think it's been set up as an offshore nominees stylee thing? Of course we'll never know.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Apr 2012 07:58

Simon's Church
Friday's Legacy
Maybe, maybe not.

News to me.

We wouldn't be where we are now and we may not have even made the play-offs but I still think that to suggest 'no TSI = relegation within a few years' is a massive leap of logic. Don't forget that even with our crappy pre-Roberts team we had already beaten West Ham, Birmingham and almost Southampton.

With the likes of Kebe and Federici playing who but for the arrival of TSI would surely have been (sold) offski!

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 15 Apr 2012 08:05

Royal Ginger Generally quite happy with the idea of TSI, and everyone at the club is saying all of the right things, i only really have 2 concerns which can perhaps be put to rest by someone more knowledgeable on here.

1. What sort of return is TSI looking for on their investment, and over what period?

2. And just how involved is Anton going to get in the everyday. E.g will we see his cousin turn up with his boots.

If we go through 95% of the summer without signing anyone of note as usual, might not be a bad thing.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 15 Apr 2012 08:10

The TSI investment has definitely helped us through this injury crisis. Without their money we wouldn't have loaned Mullins on the off chance of injuries, Cywka wouldn't be here and we'd be playing kids or players out of position.

5145 posts