Le Fondre

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Le Fondre

by skipper » 16 Apr 2012 14:44

Northern Git Just seen this on the Saintsweb site.

Made me smile :D

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?32208-Adam-Le-Fondre-Get-him-on-the-bus-FFS

We shouldn't laugh. You can read the exact same thread on Hob Nob, just replace Le Fondre with Rhodes. "Not Proven at this level blah blah blah" - We're all just arm chair pundits at the end of the day

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2012 16:25

79Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup I've been thinking about Alfie.

He's a phenomenal finisher, and always in the right place at the right time (eg both goals at Brighton). Is he better that Curo was in this regard?

But then both goals against Southampton were completely different! The first a divine strike into the top corner in a busy penalty box and the second some incredible pace and skill and android-like composure. Is there more t this guy that is just becoming apparent now?

I can't wait to see him play again but I wouldn't change a winning formula of Hunt/Roberts with him coming on late on.

His first goal was more than just a great finish. He picked up the ball on the halfway line, played it up to Hunt, then held his run to make some space for himself and when he did make his move into the box, he timed it perfectly. Tenacity to win the ball where he did, intelligence to hold his run for as long as he did and instinct to finish it as he did under pressure from defenders. The goal of the game for me.

Reminds me more of Kitson for his intelligent vision and ability to find / make space as well. He's got a lovely touch. I probably didn't see enough of Curo given how long ago his time was though I spose.

I bloody love ALF. I'd still stick with a winning formula of Hunt and Roberts 'til the end of the season though.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 16 Apr 2012 16:30

His touch to take the ball away from Davis for his third was beautiful too, made it look so casual but was inch perfect control

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2012 16:33

pea His touch to take the ball away from Davis for his third was beautiful too, made it look so casual but was inch perfect control

I'm really impressed with the finish. Hit it early, when it was awkward to do so before it really fell for him as he saw the defender moving to block it. And he did that exceptionally accurately under a lot of pressure.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 16 Apr 2012 16:34

Ian Royal
pea His touch to take the ball away from Davis for his third was beautiful too, made it look so casual but was inch perfect control

I'm really impressed with the finish. Hit it early, when it was awkward to do so before it really fell for him as he saw the defender moving to block it. And he did that exceptionally accurately under a lot of pressure.

Despite all of his strengths you would never have seen Long score a goal like that with the composure and skill that Alfie showed, the guy has a good future here

Cubes

by Cubes » 16 Apr 2012 20:38

Ian Royal
79Royal

He's a phenomenal finisher, and always in the right place at the right time (eg both goals at Brighton). Is he better that Curo was in this regard?

But then both goals against Southampton were completely different! The first a divine strike into the top corner in a busy penalty box and the second some incredible pace and skill and android-like composure. Is there more t this guy that is just becoming apparent now?

I can't wait to see him play again but I wouldn't change a winning formula of Hunt/Roberts with him coming on late on.

His first goal was more than just a great finish. He picked up the ball on the halfway line, played it up to Hunt, then held his run to make some space for himself and when he did make his move into the box, he timed it perfectly. Tenacity to win the ball where he did, intelligence to hold his run for as long as he did and instinct to finish it as he did under pressure from defenders. The goal of the game for me.

Reminds me more of Kitson for his intelligent vision and ability to find / make space as well. He's got a lovely touch. I probably didn't see enough of Curo given how long ago his time was though I spose.

I bloody love ALF. I'd still stick with a winning formula of Hunt and Roberts 'til the end of the season though.

He has certainly got that reassuring ability to get a goal just like Curo but i think he has got a bit more to his game. Probably not quite the raw pace of Long but nippy none the less, and lest face it it took Long 5 years to get a first touch of any note. Alfie seeems to be blessed with that already.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 16 Apr 2012 20:46

Maguire Super finish, although I preferred the first goal because i'm a massive fan of awesome crosses and thumping headers.

Seriously how did Jimbo manage to dig out a cross that good? Totally undefendable.

Both ALF's goals were the work of an expert finisher though.

Know what you are saying, personally I always love to see someone go round the keeper and slot into an empty net, delish!!

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Apr 2012 19:19

From BBC

David Simon on Twitter: "33 minutes & no goal...when will this drought ever end for Messi?"

He's no Adam Le Fondre, I'll give you that.

:lol:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 18 Apr 2012 19:29

Ian Royal
79Royal

Snowball's gonna get ya!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2012 21:13

He's tried many times and not succeeded, I don't see what's different now.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 18 Apr 2012 21:16

I'd love to see Alfie partnering up with the Sig.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2012 21:47

RockheadRumple I'd love to see Alfie partnering up with the Sig.

Bit a bit open to physical bullying maybe. I'd have absolutely LOVED to see Sig play behind Kitson whilst the ginger monster was at his peak.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Apr 2012 17:24

Was curious, after seeing Alfie's poor record when starting, how it all stacks up when he's a sub

0,307 Minutes - 8 Goals - a Goal every 039 Minutes (11.74 times better than when starting)
1,432 Minutes - 3 Goals - a Goal every 458 Minutes

Le Fondre Goals as a Sub

2 Saints (Winners)
2 Leeds (Winners)
1 Doncaster
1 Peterboro
1 Millwall (Winner)
1 Watford (Winner)

Also assist for the Hunt winner at Ipswich, assist v Doncaster for Church goal