No votes
19 Other (please state who)
No votes

Total votes: 337
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Player of the Season Poll

by Simon's Church » 18 Apr 2012 14:08

If Pearce or Gorkss don't win the official vote it'll prove that against all odds HNA? Reading fans are smarter, know more about football and more attractive than general Reading fans.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 18 Apr 2012 14:14

I personally think it is strange if the vote goes to anyone other than Federici, Gorkss or Pearce. I think I may just give it to Feds - I am not sure what else he could have done to have a better season. Gorkss and Pearce - immense.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Apr 2012 14:17

Vision
starliaison
M-U-R-T-Y Definitely a three-way contest, my vote goes to Gorkss, our up-turn in form was the moment our shambolic defence was sorted out - enter Kaspars.

I can't stress enough how I feel he changed our season, and Pearce's performances, for the better.

Player of the season for me.

which shows that HNA? is not representative of the whole Reading support as the three way contest overall is not the 3 on here :shock:

LOL if this is true. Seriously neither Gorkss,Pearce or Karacan are in the top 3?

nonsense, and shows again that every fan who doesnt go on HNA doesnt deserve vote

itll probably be our three most famous players

federici, kebe and roberts

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Apr 2012 14:20

Silver Fox 3-way tie between "Champagne" Gorkss, "Well" Federici and "Alex" Pearce, whoever wins the popular vote will be an acceptable answer

Although Jesus roberts will probably nab it

^ Called it I reckon.

#harperalloveragain

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 18 Apr 2012 14:21

Sarah Star You mean you didn't know there was an online vote too? Hope you didn't miss out on voting.

Huh ? You edited that since I first read it.

So where is there another online vote ?
That was my original question.

(No sign of one on the Reading FC official site.)

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 18 Apr 2012 14:25

It certainly used to be on the OS but the poll has probably closed now. It wasn't strictly speaking "on-line" but was instead via email (as well as probably by cards although I never saw one)

East End Lady

by East End Lady » 18 Apr 2012 14:32

Could I also say to Star that next year could they not remove the boxes to post the cards in until after the game. We went to do all of ours last week and there was nowhere to put them as the boxes had already been removed. Even if one was left at the megastore it would have helped.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 18 Apr 2012 14:34

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 78,00.html

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't looked further.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Apr 2012 14:35

if one of the the hob nob 4 do not win its a travesty

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 18 Apr 2012 14:46

1. Gorks
2. Federici/Karacan/Leigertwood
3. Everyone else
4. Number 13 , Reading fans everywhere
5. Blackie
6. Backs the boys man
7. The safety gate
8. Triangle Head
9. The Bearded Lady
10. Pork & apple sause rolls

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 18 Apr 2012 14:47

Sarah Star http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2718778,00.html

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't looked further.

Thanks (expired as it says) - hence couldn't find it without the direct link.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Apr 2012 15:48

East End Lady Could I also say to Star that next year could they not remove the boxes to post the cards in until after the game. We went to do all of ours last week and there was nowhere to put them as the boxes had already been removed. Even if one was left at the megastore it would have helped.

The boxes were in place until after the game so I am not sure where you looked. The intention had been to do the vote for both the Leeds and Blackpool games but there was a problem at the Chronicle which meant it was only the Leeds game with the possibility of posting them too as the final date was Friday 13th.

Next season it will be over 2 games I hope.

For those who have not seen the Chronicle today the final 3 are Feds, Jem and Pearce.

No idea how many voted online but we counted most of the paper votes and the numbers for each of the top 3 (and a few more players) exceeded those at the top of the page here :D

Sorry you missed it on the wesbsite GR :x

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2012 15:55

starliaison
East End Lady Could I also say to Star that next year could they not remove the boxes to post the cards in until after the game. We went to do all of ours last week and there was nowhere to put them as the boxes had already been removed. Even if one was left at the megastore it would have helped.

The boxes were in place until after the game so I am not sure where you looked. The intention had been to do the vote for both the Leeds and Blackpool games but there was a problem at the Chronicle which meant it was only the Leeds game with the possibility of posting them too as the final date was Friday 13th.

Next season it will be over 2 games I hope.

For those who have not seen the Chronicle today the final 3 are Feds, Jem and Pearce.

No idea how many voted online but we counted most of the paper votes and the numbers for each of the top 3 (and a few more players) exceeded those at the top of the page here :D

Sorry you missed it on the wesbsite GR :x

Given that's three of the HNA top four I'm not sure where the controversy is in particular. Did the paper forms have a top three or just one vote? Because the online one was just for one person, as was the HNA one, which may well have an affect.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jem had a late surge due to his injury. If Pearce doesn't win from those three it's a travesty, but that's not exactly a shock. Wasn't it Steven "half a season" Hunt one year?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Apr 2012 15:58

1) I can't believe how hard it is to vote - I had to scour the interspipe for a link. I was at a wedding on the day of the Leeds game so no chance to indulge in some antiquated paper voting.

2) Gorkss isn't in the top three????!!!!!!!!!! Reading fans, bloody hell.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Apr 2012 15:59

he'll get it when hes more established here
these things are done on sentimentality as much as cold hard facts

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Apr 2012 16:00

melonhead he'll get it when hes more established here
these things are done on sentimentality as much as cold hard facts

The opposite of how I run my life melonwendy

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Apr 2012 16:01

there is space for both in mine

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Apr 2012 19:25

Ian Royal Given that's three of the HNA top four I'm not sure where the controversy is in particular. Did the paper forms have a top three or just one vote? Because the online one was just for one person, as was the HNA one, which may well have an affect.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jem had a late surge due to his injury. If Pearce doesn't win from those three it's a travesty, but that's not exactly a shock. Wasn't it Steven "half a season" Hunt one year?

You could only vote for one person in the paper vote too of course - I quoted people on here saying it was a three-way race but it wasn't. From the votes I saw it was a four-way. Similar but not the same.

The paper votes were nearly all cast before Jem was injured as the forms were given out before the Leeds game and generally put in the voting boxes before kick-off - I think if the vote had been a game later he may have been the run away winner that we had for the last 2 seasons but it was not. I don't know who has won but I do know that after the paper count I was told the online at that time was the same top 3 but in a different order so I think (given the paper count was only a percent or so between the top 2) the final count will have been very very close.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2012 20:24

starliaison
Ian Royal Given that's three of the HNA top four I'm not sure where the controversy is in particular. Did the paper forms have a top three or just one vote? Because the online one was just for one person, as was the HNA one, which may well have an affect.

You could only vote for one person in the paper vote too of course - I quoted people on here saying it was a three-way race but it wasn't. From the votes I saw it was a four-way. Similar but not the same.

The paper votes were nearly all cast before Jem was injured as the forms were given out before the Leeds game and generally put in the voting boxes before kick-off - I think if the vote had been a game later he may have been the run away winner that we had for the last 2 seasons but it was not. I don't know who has won but I do know that after the paper count I was told the online at that time was the same top 3 but in a different order so I think (given the paper count was only a percent or so between the top 2) the final count will have been very very close.

Sorry are you saying Gorkss wasn't even in the top four!? Madness.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 Apr 2012 20:59

Thank god justice has prevailed & Fed is on the shortlist!!

If it wasn't for Feds we would not be anywhere close to 88 points. Some of the saves that man has made...Coventry, Leeds, Saints, Brighton so many awesome games.

Can't believe he only got 11% on here.

234 posts