Back from the game Birmingham away 28th April

specialjon

Back from the game Birmingham away 28th April

by specialjon » 28 Apr 2012 13:59

Stood and sang for 90 mins. Great day out. Inflatables top as ever. The result didn't matter. Gorkss is a legend for his big bad wolf mask.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game Birmingham away 28th April

by Friday's Legacy » 28 Apr 2012 14:03

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 28 Apr 2012 16:11

Couple of observations.... We were caught out at times by quick, direct players. Connoly and Harte in particular. Something that will come quick and fast in the PL so it's something that needs to be looked at. HRK and Church were in-effective/dump and didn't really do anything all game.

We were unlucky a couple of times. Obv the penalty, but we had a couple of good chances that should have gone in, and there were some fantastic last ditch clearances from Ibanez and in particular Davies, who I thought was fantastic, the kind of player we need in the Prem.

Fans were great, the inflatables also and fair play to the stewards for tolerating the sheer amount of inflatables, and for not telling us to sit down.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 28 Apr 2012 16:47

AbovetheI Fans were great, the inflatables also and fair play to the stewards for tolerating the sheer amount of inflatables, and for not telling us to sit down.

And for keeping them so that (as the stadium announcer said) fans could pick them up outside! :shock:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 28 Apr 2012 17:03

Inflatables were fantastic. Fans and stewards were first class. Good game but Church somehow missed an open goal - twice. Leigertwood was quality.

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 28 Apr 2012 17:14

Who really cares about the result?

We are the Champions, we don't give a fuck.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2012 17:18

Quite honestly we were awful today. Not that I care all that much but a bit of a shame the season ended with such a whimper.

Church really shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team at all.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Apr 2012 17:22

In summary:

Inflatables great.
Surrounding areas of ground are a dump.
Atmosphere home fans average at best
Reading fans good, could of been better. Game did not help.
Game poor from our perspective but team sheet said it all for me.
Redmond - sign him up quality shout. Great player.
Connolly no thank you.
Robson Kanu loaned out.
Church loaned out.
Celebrations at end all a bit muted!!

However, we are champions, pleased I went, looking forward to an exciting pre season and possible signings.

Amazing season and fortunate to of been to some
of the greatest away days ever.

URZ

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 28 Apr 2012 17:29

Could have been an interesting game had Harte converted the penalty, but their keeper flew forwards off his line before the ball was even kicked. Lord only knows how the ref missed that!

Oh well, result doesn't matter, we're champions and part one of the party weekend was a success. Now bring on the trophy!!

Cypry

by Cypry » 28 Apr 2012 17:31

Royal Prince Could have been an interesting game had Harte converted the penalty, but their keeper flew forwards off his line before the ball was even kicked. Lord only knows how the ref missed that!

Oh well, result doesn't matter, we're champions and part one of the party weekend was a success. Now bring on the trophy!!

Indeed - just seen on SSN, hadn't noticed how far he'd moved from behind the goal, but he was miles out...

southstand67

by southstand67 » 28 Apr 2012 17:32

Sat/stood with other Royals in the home support - the inflatables were brilliant! Great atmosphere.

Stewards were cool too - they knew we were from Reading but didn't hassle us. Not a particularly memorable game, but we do need to sort out our penalty taking.

Worried about how we'll cope with pace in the Premiership as Harte and Connolly were slow, but for now I'm enjoying being Champions!!!

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 28 Apr 2012 17:55

If I'm honest, I went for a good time and I think for the first time in 22 years of supporting this club I really couldn't care about the result. It was just about sending the boys off with one final standing ovation in the Championship. Arrived 10 minutes late as the queue for taxis in town was fairly long and with only two taxis showing up on average every ten minutes. Still, not complaining as we didn't leave the Briar Rose until 11.45.

Performance wise the players pretty much reflected the attitude of our fans. The hard work was done and quite frankly it's all about getting our trophy back tomorrow and therefore it was a performance of rare glimpses of the sort of quality we know we're capable off. But we must strengthen, which we no doubt will. 5-6 players, 2 in defence, 2 in midfield and 2 up front. Then lets see how we get on. But right now I'm still buzzing from what has been a simply amazing season and I'm going to milk these feeling for the next few months ahead.

And if anyone thinks our home support is quiet, my God how quiet were the Brum fans? I really expected better. Couldn't believe 20% of their fans left at full time and not wait to clap their boys lap of honour. Good to see some of them applaud our champions though. Concourse was one big toilet too.

Goodbye Championship.

royal-ross

by royal-ross » 28 Apr 2012 17:56

Royal Prince Could have been an interesting game had Harte converted the penalty, but their keeper flew forwards off his line before the ball was even kicked. Lord only knows how the ref missed that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W1wl6VmalM

Like this?!

royal-ross

by royal-ross » 28 Apr 2012 17:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmzhIYt ... ure=relmfu - Teams emerge from tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67rm7h ... ure=relmfu - Elliot's penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk_488xgcIY - Pre-match

Great day overall and here's to a fantastic season!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Apr 2012 17:59

Fans - decent
Inflatables - Awesome
Birmingham - Okay
Redmond - Unbelievably talented. Will go a very long way.
Reading - Meh
Church - Really, really bad.

So glad that it was a completely stress-free occasion

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 28 Apr 2012 18:12

Fair play to those 1871 guys! :lol:

chippc

by chippc » 28 Apr 2012 18:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sW1UWOS ... e=youtu.be Harte's penalty saved by Doyle. Should have let Fedders take it.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 28 Apr 2012 18:18

I've been willing/hoping Church would come good. I even annoy the man who sits in front of me every home game by giving Churchy moral suppurt. Today though he was terrible. Didn't do anything right. Alfie looked annoyed that he had to do two peoples work.

I really wanted Churchy to succeed but if he's one of our 4 strikers next season we are in trouble.

Fans were awsome today. I was in the posh seats, loads of legroom and hot girls. Shit food and beer. I heard the Reading fans sing that Brum didn't sing, they did near me and it was very loud.

On another point, the applause the Brum fans gave us before and after the game was very nice indeed. Not sure we'd do the same at the Madejski.

No point marking players. Didn't matter at the end of the day although Redmond is a proper player! Also, MOTM to Curtis Davies, I read on Twitter us and Norwich are linked, I want him. He is brilliant.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 28 Apr 2012 18:27

W&E Royal On another point, the applause the Brum fans gave us before and after the game was very nice indeed. Not sure we'd do the same at the Madejski.

We gave Robbie Savage a standing ovation, for which he now feels we're his second club it touched him so much; so I imagine we would do.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 28 Apr 2012 18:28

W&E Royal On another point, the applause the Brum fans gave us before and after the game was very nice indeed. Not sure we'd do the same at the Madejski.

Yes fair play to the brummies, I had them down as neandathal mindless thugs but they were very generous with their appreciation,

I thought their number 3 and Redmond were pretty decent,

We were unlucky with some chances but overall Brum wanted it more and we fluffed our chances.