Re: Were in the shit

by SLAMMED » 16 Sep 2012 21:01

We're*

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Sep 2012 21:02

Ascotexgunner Just putting it out there, but yes we were p*ss poor today but traditionally the last couple of seasons haven't been good starts. I just wonder if like those seasons BMac isn't sure of his best or starting 11. Unlike some defeatests on here I'm confident he will get it right and a decent run will happen.

Err, are you me? :shock:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Sep 2012 21:06

Royal Rother
Ascotexgunner Just putting it out there, but yes we were p*ss poor today but traditionally the last couple of seasons haven't been good starts. I just wonder if like those seasons BMac isn't sure of his best or starting 11. Unlike some defeatests on here I'm confident he will get it right and a decent run will happen.

:oops: How will a board like this cope with 2 optimists?
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 16 Sep 2012 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 16 Sep 2012 21:07

Ascotexgunner
Royal Rother

:oops: How will a board like this cope with 2 optomists?

*Optimists

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Sep 2012 21:14

tusser

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 16 Sep 2012 21:16

Spelling policee.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Sep 2012 21:20

Stuboo Spelling policee.

In my defence I knew my error but he bloody got there before I could correct it. :oops:

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 16 Sep 2012 21:23

Ascotexgunner
Stuboo Spelling policee.

In my defence I knew my error but he bloody got there before I could correct it. :oops:

I'm on your side chap. No one likes pedantic corrections. It's like the person that comes along after you've mopped the floor and says, "You've missed a bit."

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 16 Sep 2012 21:23

8)

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 Sep 2012 21:44

Bad day at the office...not the end of the world

Playing today was prb like the first game of season all over again for the team, given the break theres been since last match

These are the games that getting anything is a bonus...we didnt so we move on ...still over 90% of seasons games to play

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Sep 2012 22:09

ManchesterRoyals
Royal Rother I have no problem with criticism of what was, on the whole, a piss poor performance.

But people who then decide (as happens year after year it seems to me) that that level of performance will therefore be replicated throughout the season, display either a startling ignorance of football, a shameful lack of faith in BM's impeccable credentials, or a knee jerk reaction of stunning proportions.

Or probably all 3 tbf.

No its from watch reading over the last 25 years

Try not to waste the next 25.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Sep 2012 22:13

Royal Rother I have no problem with criticism of what was, on the whole, a piss poor performance.

But people who then decide (as happens year after year it seems to me) that that level of performance will therefore be replicated throughout the season, display either a startling ignorance of football, a shameful lack of faith in BM's impeccable credentials, or a knee jerk reaction of stunning proportions.

Or probably all 3 tbf.

+1

plroyals

by plroyals » 16 Sep 2012 22:13

we have only played 3 games this season one less than most others. these include games against Chelsea and Spurs which we didnt really expect to win. that leaves stoke another hard game and i am happy with a point from that, remember they have also drawn with Arsenal and Man City already this season. it is also important to note that we have missed kebe and roberts who were both one of our best players last season. yes today we didnt play well at all and although its no excuse am i the only one who thinks the long break we've had could of been a factor? the west brom game is a big one and it would be good to get that first win under our belts, which would leave us on four points from four games which sounds much better. anyway it could be worse, we could be Southampton :D .

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 16 Sep 2012 22:37

Ian Royal

Or probably all 3 tbf.

+1

+2

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

We're f**ked

by akranes » 16 Sep 2012 22:47

Nah, it's only 3 games in. This, should, should, be a wake up call.
Hurrah!

Also, it only took me 8000 months to realise, but what the f**k is wrong with everyone on this god damn forum?

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 16 Sep 2012 22:50

Any danger of people just enjoying our time in the best league in the world? We were just simply outclassed by the better team today. We have played stoke chelsea and spurs and we have picked up 1 point, its not the worst possible outcome is it?! We cant be expected to get anything when playing the top 5/6 but if we do then its a bonus, we will stay up by beating the lower half of the league!!
The negative fans are the same fans that were saying that we didnt have a good enough team to even stay in the championship this time last year! You cant just support reading when we are playing well i am afraid!

royalsroyalsroyals92

Re: We're f**ked

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 16 Sep 2012 23:02

Thank you! I AGREE!!
we have played 3 games. other than the first half of this game, we havent been bad. We have scored goals (against champions league winners i may add) and when we start to play we look very good
URRZZZZ

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 16 Sep 2012 23:08

I see the mongs are out in force already.

Our season will not be determined against teams like Spurs who would have by rights qualified for the Champs League last season had it not been for Chelsea winning it and having to give up their place. There a plenty of teams in this division we can beat and anything we get from games against the top 5 teams is just a bonus.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 16 Sep 2012 23:11

RoyalTank We have played stoke chelsea and spurs and we have picked up 1 point, its not the worst possible outcome is it?!

No, it's the second to worst possible outcome.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 16 Sep 2012 23:13

Avon Royal
RoyalTank We have played stoke chelsea and spurs and we have picked up 1 point, its not the worst possible outcome is it?!

No, it's the second to worst outcome.

Well done, well done! :?

542 posts