Norwich - back from the game

354 posts
Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Norwich - back from the game

by Libertine » 10 Nov 2012 18:13

Watching on the internet the camera panned to AZ with about 15 minutes to go. He was slumped back and down in his seat looking half depressed and half disgusted.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 10 Nov 2012 18:13

We do not have ONE CM player who can dictate play. I wasn't too worried about us until this game, a game we must win. We must win at home. Utter crap

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Nov 2012 18:13

Royal Lady No it was in The Sun they said - I know they're a scummy paper, but all Brian had to say when asked, was that it was rubbish - but he rabbited on about scouting 10-15 players and they always do that or something and AZ shouldn't be telling the press what we're doing and he'd "had a word with him". Straight away I said to Schards that was one nail in his RFC managerial coffin.

Sooner the better as far as I am concerned, Villa beating united, theres a gap developing

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Nov 2012 18:14

Libertine Watching on the internet the camera panned to AZ with about 15 minutes to go. He was slumped back and down in his seat looking half depressed and half disgusted.

Same as most reading fans i would guess

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2012 18:14

windermere_royal
Royal Lady No it was in The Sun they said - I know they're a scummy paper, but all Brian had to say when asked, was that it was rubbish - but he rabbited on about scouting 10-15 players and they always do that or something and AZ shouldn't be telling the press what we're doing and he'd "had a word with him". Straight away I said to Schards that was one nail in his RFC managerial coffin.

Sooner the better as far as I am concerned, Villa beating united, theres a gap developing

It's only half time, Fergie will throw a few tea cups around and Utd will win 3-1. :wink:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Nov 2012 18:16

What more worrying for me is the fact McD never seems to see anything bad in this team, well if he does he never shows it.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 10 Nov 2012 18:16

MOTM -Tabb

Nothing else to say, awful quality game, Norwich look as bad as us going forward, but looked ultimately very comfortable with anything we threw at them. Unimpressed with Hunt today, did less than nothing. Please can someone set up a fine box for him for when he's offside? It's like watching Nicky Forster all over again. Ledge was not much better, looked dead on his feet with 20 minutes to go.

Cannot see where a win is coming from, our next three home games are Everton, United and Arsenal. We could easily go into New Year without a win at home. Let alone a win away.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Nov 2012 18:17

Royal Lady
windermere_royal

It's only half time, Fergie will throw a few tea cups around and Utd will win 3-1. :wink:

Maybe BM should get in there and see how its done then

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 10 Nov 2012 18:18

Didn't go, thankfully and certainly didn't look any better on the stream.

We all love Brian and he can only work with what he has got. Trouble is I'm not so sure that, A) he is savvy enough to mix it with managers with a lot more premier experience and B) he is actually making the best of what he has got.

That was just dire today. The reason other teams come back at us so strongly is that they can lift their game, change their game or have a plan B. I'm not so sure any of those can apply to us.

Oh we'll, in the last two games we've ended up with the same points as two of our relegation rivals, that's about as positive as it gets.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 10 Nov 2012 18:19

This season is a damn nightmare. Today was a must win and we underperformed massively. We should know things are going bad when tabb is our top performing player.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2012 18:20

windermere_royal What more worrying for me is the fact McD never seems to see anything bad in this team, well if he does he never shows it.

Rather too reminiscent of Rodgers and we all know what happened there.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 10 Nov 2012 18:24

Never, ever gonna win a game in this league unless we have some attack from CM.

The deepest CM partnership ever seen might have got us out of the Champ, but Tabb/LegsOfwood/Karacan are so far back and predictable even a clueless bystander would know how to play against us.

No alternative options on the bench and we rely on McInuff and Kebe to create anything. Who also have long been sussed out.

We could have Pele up top, but even he would be scratching his arse for all of the game.

I know there is no easy fix right here, right now, but unless McD wakes up and starts to understand how you need to play football in the Prem, then he really is a dead man walking.
Last edited by grey_squirrel on 10 Nov 2012 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Nov 2012 18:25

Perfectly acceptable performance from a very workmanlike team that is slowly finding its way in the PL and gradually becoming more difficult to beat.

Support? Don't make me laugh.

Look, it is what it is. This is your team, your players and they are doing the best they can - your condemnation of their, and the manager's efforts are utterly shameful.

As is said most weeks, if you cannot keep supporting and appreciating what they do, win, lose or draw, when the effort is there as it certainly was today, then you really need to find another team to follow.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 10 Nov 2012 18:27

What do you all expect? Virtually no money spent and we have a team of tryers who are giving their all. We have had 6 draws and could easily have also drawn at West Brom, Chelsea and Liverpool - but we don't have the spark to win games yet.

I cannot fault the effort and most had a reasonable game today. However, Legs had a mare today - whereas I thought he was very good last week. I lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. Apart from that everyone else huffed and puffed and gave their all and a point is a point.

Norwich came for a draw and got what they came for.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Nov 2012 18:28

Royal Rother Perfectly acceptable performance from a very workmanlike team that is slowly finding its way in the PL and gradually becoming more difficult to beat.

Look, it is what it is. This is your team, your players and they are doing the best they can - your condemnation of their, and the manager's efforts are utterly shameful.

As is said most weeks, if you cannot keep supporting and appreciating what they do, win, lose or draw, when the effort is there as it certainly was today, then you really need to find another team to follow.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Nov 2012 18:29

Royal Lady According to Reading FC on Twitter, Brian said "The players are disappointed because they want to win, but they shouldn't be - these are good times for Reading" - GOOD times? I'd hate to see what he considers to be bad times if that's the case. Brian, god love him, is losing it - and criticising his new chairman on the radio is really NOT doing is prospects of staying in the job too good at the moment. :cry:

That was definitely a rattled Brian in that interview and first time this season where he had a dig at the fans!

I hope it is bloody true that we have identified 11 new players because this shower of shite aint gonna help. Disrespectful
Brian to the ones we have got, er don't think so!

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 10 Nov 2012 18:30

Readingfanman MOTM -Tabb

Totally agree. I see someone else gave him a 4 out of 10 and asked if he actually touched the ball?

Mental.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Nov 2012 18:30

Royal Rother Perfectly acceptable performance from a very workmanlike team that is slowly finding its way in the PL and gradually becoming more difficult to beat.

You went did you RR? :| There is clearly a problem, we can all see we need an attacking midfielder for a start, players are left out who could be the missing piece of the puzzle, McD's tactics are questionable at the very least - so actually, because I LOVE this club and go week in, week out - I WANT us to be in a position where we are at least COMPETING, even if it means we go down.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 10 Nov 2012 18:30

Libertine Watching on the internet the camera panned to AZ with about 15 minutes to go. He was slumped back and down in his seat looking half depressed and half disgusted.

Yeah pretty much like 99.9% of us PAYING supporters (as usual) (The other 0.1% continue to have trouble differentiating between their arses and elbows - as usual)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Nov 2012 18:31

You lost me on your first line....

Jesus Christ if that's acceptable then thank you and good night.

354 posts