When was the last time HNA got it right?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

When was the last time HNA got it right?

by PistolPete » 28 Nov 2012 08:24

I'd say that, judging by mob rule, HNA has a success rate of about 20%. It's practically impossible to be empirical about this but, nonetheless, here's a little list of things that spring to mind:

'Sack Rodgers' - He goes on to take his 'bumper tactics book' to Swansea and Liverpool. Maybe though he wasn't right for Reading though...
'Shorey is useless, why did we sign him?' - We now admit he's premiership class
'Pogrebniak - what a signing!' - Now considered a luxury player
'Shane Long - he's been embarrassing in training' - Everyone but Snowball got that one wrong...
'Stephen Hunt, Jay Tabb, Ibahima Sonko etc not good enough for Brentford etc, why us?' - Er, we got that wrong too
'Guthrie, signing of the summer' - He's a disgrace, sack him. Er, actually, recall him! Er, can we sack and recall him simultaneously?!
'McDermott - give him a lifetime contract, Wolves don't deserve him' - He has to go, he's not good enough.

Why don't football fans accept that there will be losses and wins and that when we lose not everyone is useless and when we win not everyone was great. Last night at Villa could SO EASILY have one the other way and Villa fans would be calling for Darren Bent to be recalled and for Lambert to be sacked. As it is, Lambert has found the messiah in Benteke and McDermott needs the sack. TV pundits are no better, they were eulogising over Benteke instead of keeping any kind of perspective; Le Fondre was inches from connecting with a back heel/overhead in the first half and inches from scoring a header from a corner.

Please help me update this lst with things that we, by majority, got right and wrong.

I do realise that this list will be the most unscientific list ever...

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

Re: When was the last time HNA got it right?

by Sir Dodger Royal » 28 Nov 2012 08:29

Well I would just like to say that SDR is always spot on. Real Factsssssssssssss

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 28 Nov 2012 08:39

Football will always and always has been a fickle sport.

We are not mind readers or what is going to happen in the future and we can only give a opinion on the past or the present.

Wow majority of things that are said are wrong... woopy do!

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 28 Nov 2012 08:40

PistolPete I'd say that, judging by mob rule, HNA has a success rate of about 20%. It's practically impossible to be empirical about this but, nonetheless, here's a little list of things that spring to mind:

'Sack Rodgers' - He goes on to take his 'bumper tactics book' to Swansea and Liverpool. Maybe though he wasn't right for Reading though...
'Shorey is useless, why did we sign him?' - We now admit he's premiership class
'Pogrebniak - what a signing!' - Now considered a luxury player
'Shane Long - he's been embarrassing in training' - Everyone but Snowball got that one wrong...
'Stephen Hunt, Jay Tabb, Ibahima Sonko etc not good enough for Brentford etc, why us?' - Er, we got that wrong too
'Guthrie, signing of the summer' - He's a disgrace, sack him. Er, actually, recall him! Er, can we sack and recall him simultaneously?!
'McDermott - give him a lifetime contract, Wolves don't deserve him' - He has to go, he's not good enough.

Why don't football fans accept that there will be losses and wins and that when we lose not everyone is useless and when we win not everyone was great. Last night at Villa could SO EASILY have one the other way and Villa fans would be calling for Darren Bent to be recalled and for Lambert to be sacked. As it is, Lambert has found the messiah in Benteke and McDermott needs the sack. TV pundits are no better, they were eulogising over Benteke instead of keeping any kind of perspective; Le Fondre was inches from connecting with a back heel/overhead in the first half and inches from scoring a header from a corner.

Please help me update this lst with things that we, by majority, got right and wrong.

I do realise that this list will be the most unscientific list ever...

Steady on PP you are in danger of stating a thoughtful, objective, rational opinion, that will never do! :wink:

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 28 Nov 2012 09:07

Sir Dodger Royal Well I would just like to say that SDR is always spot on. Real Factsssssssssssss

Ah crap. You know the ambulances are circling when this twonk shows his face.

Reeeeeeeaaaaallllllll facts my arse.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1