Re: BFTG -Crawley

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2013 20:54

the same w4nkers that have graced the family seating areas at some away games

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 05 Jan 2013 20:57

Did anyone see the effort in the Crawley programme

"McDermott might see this as an opportunity to rest some players and could hand starts to striker Adam le Fondre and wing-man Stephen Hunt" :lol:

Optimist

by Optimist » 05 Jan 2013 21:00

pea Did anyone see the effort in the Crawley programme

"McDermott might see this as an opportunity to rest some players and could hand starts to striker Adam le Fondre and wing-man Stephen Hunt" :lol:

I LOLd when I saw that. Never seen so many errors in a programme.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 05 Jan 2013 21:05

They put McAnuff as a CM and Guthrie as a LM in likely line ups... I LOL'd.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 05 Jan 2013 21:07

Mr.T10 They put McAnuff as a CM and Guthrie as a LM in likely line ups... I LOL'd.

Was that in Brian's notes?

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 05 Jan 2013 21:08

Fans destroying advertising hoardings and fighting amongst themselves are a disgrace to the club I support.
If you can't hold your drink, learn to pace yourselves, and learn to respect other people and their property.

As for the match, Guthrie was deeply unimpressive. Typically a few minutes before the end, he misplaced a pass and gave away possession. His reaction was to slump his shoulders and walk slowly away - whereas Noel Hunt who had started a couple of yards behind him sprinted past him and shut down the opposition attack, putting the ball out for a throw. Just a couple of minutes previously Hunty had been stretching to ward off cramp, and here he was doing the job of Guthrie, who had cocked up and couldn't be arsed.

Not a classic match, but a banana skin avoided, and a nice reminder of times gone by.

Branfoot Out

by Branfoot Out » 05 Jan 2013 21:23

Was really looking forward to standing again but ruined by complete tools at the front. Shame on the guys racially abusing the asian steward - horrible to see from a Reading end. Shame also on the couple of 40+ year old hard looking bald f*ckers trying to have a go at the wee lad stewarding in front of the corner. Total utter pr*cks..

Proper blast from the past today and in no way a good one...

harryroyal

by harryroyal » 05 Jan 2013 21:27

Branfoot Out Was really looking forward to standing again but ruined by complete tools at the front. Shame on the guys racially abusing the asian steward - horrible to see from a Reading end. Shame also on the couple of 40+ year old hard looking bald f*ckers trying to have a go at the wee lad stewarding in front of the corner. Total utter pr*cks..

Proper blast from the past today and in no way a good one...

Was the racial abuse in the corner as well. Seemed to be a bit of a "mob" over there. You should report the abuse in case the steward doesn't.

Branfoot Out

by Branfoot Out » 05 Jan 2013 21:37

Yep in the corner, just after the guy had ejected someone. Loads of P*ki stuff - totally primitive..
Jesus, 2013 and still this sh*t...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 21:47

Branfoot Out Yep in the corner, just after the guy had ejected someone. Loads of P*ki stuff - totally primitive..
Jesus, 2013 and still this sh*t...

It was quite :shock: to see some of the characters that turned up today, most of whom I hadn't seen in the 50+ away games I've been to..

Particularly amusing was a wannabe firm of teens being led around by some 40 year old skin'ead thinking they were something out of The Football Factory.

Sadly if we do draw Aldershot away it will just attract the same types.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jan 2013 21:50

I felt for the fans who got prime standing views after getting in early and then the likes of me being led round the side and right against the fence blocking some views but like the good old days we let the
Young uns stand in front.

Sadly what it did mean was being just yards from those absolute bell ends!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2013 21:54

are we ready for "safe standing"?

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 05 Jan 2013 21:55

Really sad to hear this kind of stuff was said from a small majority of our fans and looks bad on us as a club. Crawley treated us well and they really let the club down.

I was on the left side of the stand, all was well behaved and banter was well mannered. Some sly comments not necessary but didn't take that far.

Philly Flyer

by Philly Flyer » 05 Jan 2013 21:57

sputnik An enjoyable day out at a very welcoming club, perhaps the best I've encountered at an away game. Really good to see home and away fans mingling together in the Redz Bar before the game. Why can't all matches be like this ?
A cracking atmosphere behind the goal. I haven't enjoyed a good sing like that for a while. Nice to be on the terraces again.
As for the match itself, I didn't think we were great on the pitch. Job done, but no real stand out performances. A few decent players in the Crawley team as well, on another day they might have beaten us.
Pity about the idiots misbehaving near the corner flag. Shame on you.
Aldershot away in round four please.

+1

Redz Bar was just the job and exactly as described by the Crawley fan who posted on here.

Unbelievable throw back day: brilliant to be able to stand and sing all match but also complete pants having to witness several oxf*rd who supposedly support this club behaving like 70s trash muppets. Don't think it was anything to do with being able to stand; more down to the "we're a big club and are going to throw our weight around". :(

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Jan 2013 22:03

winchester_royal

For the 'bigger and better' away trips such as Crawley, Southampton, QPR and West Ham etc, we do tend to bring an 'old school' away support. These trips tend to descend into some violence.

People would go to Aldershot looking for trouble.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Jan 2013 22:10

LoyalRoyalFan
winchester_royal

For the 'bigger and better' away trips such as Crawley, Southampton, QPR and West Ham etc, we do tend to bring an 'old school' away support. These trips tend to descend into some violence.

Exactly my point.

There were little kids standing about 5 yards away from the fight which broke out today. Could easily have got caught up in it had the stewards (who did a gr8 job tbf imo) not intervened.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Jan 2013 22:11

winchester_royal
LoyalRoyalFan
winchester_royal

Exactly my point.

There were little kids standing about 5 yards away from the fight which broke out today. Could easily have got caught up in it had the stewards (who did a gr8 job tbf imo) not intervened.

Pathetic, such a shame to ruin a great day by all accounts.

Any racism is pathetic as well.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2013 22:13

pack-hound mentality...we have not grown above it yet, obviously

A real shame

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 05 Jan 2013 22:24

The support today was both awesome and an absolute oxf*rd disgrace!

Firstly I hope the guy who had his forehead cut is fine. Because that was just disgusting!

If CERTAIN Reading fans want this billy big bollocks reputation why don't you step up against a big boy team and not pointless teams like Crawley.
Last edited by Royal91 on 05 Jan 2013 22:38, edited 2 times in total.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 Jan 2013 22:25

AthleticoSpizz pack-hound mentality...we have not grown above it yet, obviously

A real shame

5'2" does mean an inferiority complex.

310 posts