Next Reading Manager: Press Conference @ 9:15

2614 posts
The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next Reading Manager

by The Cap » 11 Mar 2013 21:06

Fair to say that, generally, Di Canio doesn't seem a popular choice then. Solskjaer's an interesting shout though or maybe it's somebody right under the radar. Similar to the So'ton appointment. Just like the coach from Ajax who suddenly appeared a while ago.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Mar 2013 21:08

Dont care who it is as long as he can find a way to win games with the rag tag and bobtail players that we have.

Alternatively, and purely for the lolz, get Colin in. At least we would go down with a fight.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 11 Mar 2013 21:11

Pepe the Horseman New avatar on standby

:?:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2013 21:12

Di Matteo for me I think

Like others before me I'd like to think id pretend I'll never go while Di Canio is in charge if he gets the job, Adkins can fvck off 'n' all

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 11 Mar 2013 21:18

Di Canio thankfully has no chance (I'd like to think) with SJM (with his Jewish background) on the board.

BrockManson

by BrockManson » 11 Mar 2013 21:21

Mick Gooding.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Mar 2013 21:31

Simon's Church
Pepe the Horseman New avatar on standby

:?:

<3

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 11 Mar 2013 21:39

It is going to be Di Canio. Will be confirmed tomorrow or Wednesday morning at the latest. 3 Year deal done and dusted.

Source - Evening Standard Jorno

by 666 » 11 Mar 2013 21:48

Would rather have Bryn than Di Canio ...

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 11 Mar 2013 21:51

So Di Canio was at the match on Saturday? So was Stuart Pearce and Les Ferdinand. Means nothing.

I would hate the prospect of Di Canio getting the job. But that aside, he's had one job... in Leagues 2 and 1 so can't see why he's any better than Brian. So it would be a step backwards.

Pearce would be better if you want a motivator and he's not a facist and he has managed in the PL

The manager who saved West Ham last time they were in the sh1t was Curbishly so he should not be written off.

If i was able to tell Anton who I would like, its Di Matteo all the way.

I actually think we could get someone foreign. Don't be surpised if we get a Benitez or Advocaat.

I heard Adie say he firmly believes "The Reading Way" is finished. I think he's right.

We need to think bigger

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 11 Mar 2013 21:52

Big Ern It is going to be Di Canio. Will be confirmed tomorrow or Wednesday morning at the latest. 3 Year deal done and dusted.

Source - Evening Standard Jorno

U being serious?

RoyalSheep

by RoyalSheep » 11 Mar 2013 21:54

666 Would rather have Bryn than Di Canio ...

Good point actually. The coolest man in Reading leaves and everything goes wrong.

I blame Bryn.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 11 Mar 2013 21:58

i have mixed views on McDermott going. But I really, really don't wan't Di Canio.

One of the great things about being a Reading fan over the last 10 years, is that win, lose or draw, I have been able to cheer on a set of guys + manager that I think are nice guys and in-touch with reality -(Lita aside) not the archetypal spoilt, top, flash footballers.

Now possibly a hothead guy who thought doing a nazi salute to fans was an acceptable thing. Not happy if this comes to fruition.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 11 Mar 2013 22:00

Alex McLeish 40/1 with sky :D

barelylubedcock

by barelylubedcock » 11 Mar 2013 22:01

Simon's Church
John Madejski's Wallet
Simon's Church The note Adkins apparently left after being sacked was the work of an utteruttercunt.

:?: which was

Left on the dressing room wall
:|

I think it's the stupid face that winds me up tbh.

Lol!

That's actually brilliant.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Mar 2013 22:02

Mid Sussex Royal Alex McLeish 40/1 with sky :D

That would be the end of me watching games

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 11 Mar 2013 22:05

Binfield Royal So Di Canio was at the match on Saturday? So was Stuart Pearce and Les Ferdinand. Means nothing.
I would hate the prospect of Di Canio getting the job. But that aside, he's had one job... in Leagues 2 and 1 so can't see why he's any better than Brian. So it would be a step backwards.

This, although I think Di Canio will be tactically a lot superior to Brian considering the level he played at. Not my preferred choice, but if he gets results, I couldn't care less.

Binfield Royal Pearce would be better if you want a motivator and he's not a facist and he has managed in the PL

The man who famously piced 10 players in a starting line up and it took his assistant to point out he had forgotten to pick a keeper...no thanks. Pearce makes me look like Brain of Britain and I'm as thick as a whale sandwich.

Binfield Royal
The manager who saved West Ham last time they were in the sh1t was Curbishly so he should not be written off.

This is the man I think should get the job. People might rule him out as he hasn't managed for a few years, but he has turned down jobs in that time and not too long ago was being considered for top jobs such as Spurs and even the England job. Great manager who has always produced results and we would be lucky to have him IMO.

Binfield Royal
If i was able to tell Anton who I would like, its Di Matteo all the way.

I actually think we could get someone foreign. Don't be surpised if we get a Benitez or Advocaat.

Don't think Di Matteo would be a bad call, but I think he will wait for something a bit bigger. Afterall has experience at Chump level with West Brom. Can't see Benitez or Advocaat coing here, and even if they did, not confident they could get to grips with Chump football. Could be another Sven and Leicester City situation.

Binfield Royal \

I heard Adie say he firmly believes "The Reading Way" is finished. I think he's right.

We need to think bigger

God I hope so. As much as it has done us proud, it will only take us so far and if this does represent a more ambitious strategy, then thats what is needed to take the next step forward. The 'Reading Way' may have allowed us the odd season or 2 in the Premiership, but was never going to be sustainable at the top table of football.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 11 Mar 2013 22:41

loyalroyal4life
Mid Sussex Royal Alex McLeish 40/1 with sky :D

That would be the end of me watching games

Was thinking the same thing along with Martin Allen who was also on the shortlist

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 11 Mar 2013 22:44

Where does all this leave your plans for a demo :?:

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 11 Mar 2013 22:47

I see Sven is quoted on oddschecker :shock:

That'll be Katsia getting her arse felt.

2614 posts