MCDERMOTT SACKED

714 posts
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MCDERMOTT SACKED

by Man Friday » 14 Mar 2013 21:17

SHORT AND CURLY Bye then

See you when we're better (PLOLastic)

No, you'll see me when we've got our soul back. That may be in the PL or it may be when we're in League Two (or lower).

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 14 Mar 2013 21:28

Absolutely pathetic

Nothing like supporting your TEAM

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Mar 2013 21:38

pathetic?...a bit like the timing of the sacking really

BTW, the short term prognosis seems to indicate that its not our TEAM anymore

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Mar 2013 21:40

Some people would rather say 'I told you so' than see the team do well.

The club's 'soul' has gone?! Fcuk off, we sacked a manager who was doing badly, we've done that plenty of times before and we'll do it plenty of times in the future. Some may call the decision a little harsh, and that's fair, but it's not even close to being a 'soul' destroying move. :lol:

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 14 Mar 2013 21:45

Wrong

I support Reading FC win, lose, draw. Any league, any owner.

No matter who is in charge I will be there as usual.

For faks sake Man up some of you. Your acting like a bunch of wet blankets.

Its a game. Get on with it. No one died! :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Mar 2013 21:53

maybe you're right

We move on

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 14 Mar 2013 21:56

Oh my word. Some of you act like petulant children over the sacking of McDermott.

We are in a new era and have no idea how AZ is going to take the club forward or backward, some of you are just assuming or want him to fail. What if he did support the club better financially in the near future, what if he did keep his word and use the 5 year plan to good use? The sacking of McDermott was good at this present time. It happens. I'm disappointed it's happened this season but it is what it is, get over it and support the club! He isn't BIGGER than our club. We haven't even given AZ a real chance to show what he has to offer for oxf*rd sake.

Been supporting Reading FC since 1974, lived abroad for many years after moving from Reading/Newbury and the only football coverage of Reading where I was, was a little column at the bottom of the results page showing the league's results. No goal scorers, no tables, just the previous days scores. I supported them then, still am and always will.

All this spitting dummies out and giving up on the club because of this sacking is beyond......PATHETIC. Grow the oxf*rd up.
Last edited by AirRaidSiren on 14 Mar 2013 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Mar 2013 21:59

SHORT AND CURLY Wrong

I support Reading FC win, lose, draw. Any league, any owner.

No matter who is in charge I will be there as usual.

For faks sake Man up some of you. Your acting like a bunch of wet blankets.

Its a game. Get on with it. No one died! :roll:

I'll tell you what strikes me as the wet blanketest thing of all, it is the sudden profound certainty most of the fans on here have that we are going down. It may still be the likeliest result, but we are in a position from which we can fight. I not only hope we stay up because I hope we stay up but because it will be yet another one in the eye for the know alls on here who repeatedly second guess what will happen to Reading next. We have been in most games, no reason why we can't be in some more. Never give oxf*rd up.

PeteH1985

With no decent alternative could Brian be back ?!

by PeteH1985 » 14 Mar 2013 23:18

Crazy idea but as all the candidates for th reading job are yet nothing special and no more capable than Brian could an or should they just give him his job back ? There are precedents elsewhere !

The Royal

Re: With no decent alternative could Brian be back ?!

by The Royal » 14 Mar 2013 23:25

And make themselves look like idiots? Doubt it

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 14 Mar 2013 23:26

PeteH1985 Crazy idea but as all the candidates for th reading job are yet nothing special and no more capable than Brian could an or should they just give him his job back ? There are precedents elsewhere !

Never in a million years

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Mar 2013 23:52

We move on....

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 15 Mar 2013 00:16

Jesus wept :|

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Mar 2013 02:40

AirRaidSiren We haven't even given AZ a real chance to show what he has to offer for oxf*rd sake.

This is really the truth. The people who are on Anton's case about this are people who think owner=money. That's what many people seemed to think about Sir John. I actually like Anton. I like the fact that when we're rubbish he's slumped way back in his seat looking like he's about to burst into tears, and when we occasionally do something brilliant he's up on his feet pumping his fists. I'd like to see people extend the same generosity to Anton that they do to McDermott. He's a new, young, inexperienced guy trying to figure out what makes this work. So if his dad's money is behind it, so be it. Anton's the one in the firing line and learning how to make the big decisions. He's not just a dollar sign. I feel that people who say the soul of the club has gone want to treat the manager and especially the fans as human beings while treating the owner as a bank account. To me that's just as much lack of soul.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 15 Mar 2013 03:26

Arch
AirRaidSiren We haven't even given AZ a real chance to show what he has to offer for oxf*rd sake.

This is really the truth. The people who are on Anton's case about this are people who think owner=money. That's what many people seemed to think about Sir John. I actually like Anton. I like the fact that when we're rubbish he's slumped way back in his seat looking like he's about to burst into tears, and when we occasionally do something brilliant he's up on his feet pumping his fists. I'd like to see people extend the same generosity to Anton that they do to McDermott. He's a new, young, inexperienced guy trying to figure out what makes this work. So if his dad's money is behind it, so be it. Anton's the one in the firing line and learning how to make the big decisions. He's not just a dollar sign. I feel that people who say the soul of the club has gone want to treat the manager and especially the fans as human beings while treating the owner as a bank account. To me that's just as much lack of soul.

Agreed, in the main.

I might also add that Anton recently said we could, and probably should, have spent more last summer, but were hampered by the fact that insufficient resources had previously been put into scouting over the previous year.

Rather surprised that the Madejski h8ters on here didn't pick up on such a gift of a stick to beat SJM with. Mind you I don't suppose that scouting potential Premiership players would have looked like the most sensible way for the pre-TSI club to spend its sparse resources.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Mar 2013 05:27

Caskeys Lovechild
MmmMonsterMunch Oh dear - your love for BM clearly has clouded your judgement!

How is back to back promotions "bottling it"?!

If so, I fcuking hope we bottle it next season.

Had the title wrapped up 10 games from the end.

We won it.

= Bottled it.

Beaten by? Oh yes....Brian McDermott.

Two points ahead with ten games to go is hardly wrapped up.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 15 Mar 2013 09:14

LOL @ anyone thinking Adkins wouldn't be the perfect fit the new Reading...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Mar 2013 10:39

winchester_royal Some people would rather say 'I told you so' than see the team do well.

The club's 'soul' has gone?! Fcuk off, we sacked a manager who was doing badly, we've done that plenty of times before and we'll do it plenty of times in the future. Some may call the decision a little harsh, and that's fair, but it's not even close to being a 'soul' destroying move. :lol:

i love mcdermott, and am still slightly hurt at his sacking.
but i 100% agree with that post

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Mar 2013 10:40

Arch

^^^and that

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 Mar 2013 11:16

In a bizarre twist of fate I'm agreeing with brendy's last couple of posts!

714 posts