Worst game of the season.

What's been the worst game of the season?

Reading 5-7 Arsenal
8%
Wigan 3-2 Reading
2%
Villa 1-0 Reading
6%
Southampton 1-0 Reading
4%
Sunderland 3-0 Reading
8%
Reading 2-5 Arsenal
1%
Reading 0-3 Wigan
63%
Reading 1-2 Villa
1%
Reading 0-2 Southampton
3%
Other
2%

Total votes: 224
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Worst game of the season.

by melonhead » 22 Apr 2013 14:41

Royal91 Wigan at home, because a winning team that had us 'out' of the relegation zone was changed for no reason. Everyone knew if we lost that game we would completely capitulate.

got to agree

no idea why he did that

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 22 Apr 2013 15:14

I would say the 3-1 defeat at home to Spurs. Our performance that day confirmed in my mind we were going down and it would be a pretty depressing season.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Apr 2013 15:15

The Southampton and Sunderland away games were thoroughly depressing for a number of reasons

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 22 Apr 2013 15:44

Royal With Cheese
bcubed
No Fixed Abode Surprised Villa 1-0 Reading isn't winning. Possibly the worst advert for Premier League football I've ever witnessed.

I cant think of a worse game of football - period

That was primarily because both teams were as bad as each other.

But for Reading performances Wigan and Sunderland were both abject.

Agreed with all the comments above. Villa away was painful to watch, as both sides were so utterly incompetant.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Apr 2013 15:56

Southampton Away. Created barely any chances that day

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 22 Apr 2013 16:01

All of them! Its been a horrible season from start to finish. :roll:

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 22 Apr 2013 16:05

surrounded by saints All of them! Its been a horrible season from start to finish. :roll:

If you didn't enjoy January you should stop following football.

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 22 Apr 2013 16:09

Tommy Youlden's Ears
surrounded by saints All of them! Its been a horrible season from start to finish. :roll:

just dont enjoy the prem.too many prima-donna,s. anyway, was january that wonderful?

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 22 Apr 2013 16:15

:|

Considering we've only won 9 games in all comps this season and six of those nine came in Jan (I'm including the game two days before Jan and the game two days after Jan, as those were the bookends of the run) as well as capturing the 2-2 draw against Chelsea, then yes, in the context of this season, Jan was the DBs.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 22 Apr 2013 16:25

Stoke 2 - 1 Reading should be a contender too surely.

And Reading 0 - 0 Norwich, a game so devoid of any interest whatsoever I struggle recall a single solitary event that happened in the 90mins. Bassong might have played well but...that's all I've got.

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 22 Apr 2013 16:52

surrounded by saints
Tommy Youlden's Ears

just dont enjoy the prem.too many prima-donna,s. anyway, was january that wonderful?

It was FUN. I wasn't at Newcastle, but the last few minutes of the West Brom and Chelsea games were brilliant to behold. The brain still knew we weren't good enough, but the heart was full of joy and hope and not a little pride. And the Chelsea game was so good BECAUSE it was against the prima donnas. Fat Frank with his smug grin as he time wasted. The "Champions of Europe" chant silenced. Rafa's chest swelling with indignation. Akpan's pass. Alfie's finish.

Really. If you can't enjoy that...well...

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 22 Apr 2013 17:04

Saints away. Many friends of mine/work colleague's(Saints fans) went to the game and every single one of them were a, completely shocked at our performance and b, said we are the worst away team they have ever seen at St Mary's.

I just knew deep down after the game that it wouldn't get any better.

After that, the two games we HAD to win.

1. Saints away
2. Wigan home
3. Villa home

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Apr 2013 14:22

Tommy Youlden's Ears
surrounded by saints just dont enjoy the prem.too many prima-donna,s. anyway, was january that wonderful?

It was FUN. I wasn't at Newcastle, but the last few minutes of the West Brom and Chelsea games were brilliant to behold. The brain still knew we weren't good enough, but the heart was full of joy and hope and not a little pride. And the Chelsea game was so good BECAUSE it was against the prima donnas. Fat Frank with his smug grin as he time wasted. The "Champions of Europe" chant silenced. Rafa's chest swelling with indignation. Akpan's pass. Alfie's finish.

agreed

awful season it may have been but January was superb

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Apr 2013 08:03

An almost completely awful season indeed, but there were 8 minutes that will live on among the best...

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Apr 2013 09:52

I'd vote this the most thoroughly depressing and limp season as a whole since 1997/98, even the dross the following year under Burns was better than the abject routine beatings we've suffered for the vast majority of this campaign.

I've voted for Wigan simply because I was there and it was such a big big game. If we were talking actual quality then you can't look past getting humped 3-0 at Sunderland and having to put Bryn on the bench because Guthrie's 'head wasn't right'

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Apr 2013 12:43

Southampton away was insipid but at least we hit the beans on toast.

Sunderland was a shambles summed up by Guthrie deciding he had better things to do and BMac playing Dominic Samuel ( :| )

However, Wigan at home was the worst i've seen Reading play at home since that 0-3 reverse to bottom of the table Wimbledon ten years ago. One of those days where your side looks like they've not even mastered the basics of football. And yes, perplexing team selection to boot.

TheWhisper

by TheWhisper » 24 Apr 2013 13:34

The Reading 5 7 Arsenal was the day I lost faith in Brian, needed to do something but didn't seem to know what to do

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 24 Apr 2013 13:57

Southampton 1 Reading 0 (We genuinely made them look like Bayern Munich from last night/1970 Brazil)
Reading 0 Wigan 3
Reading 1 Villa 3

Easily three of the most bollockless, brainless performances I have ever seen from a Reading side. I will be delighted once this season is over.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 24 Apr 2013 13:58

bcubed
Tommy Youlden's Ears
surrounded by saints just dont enjoy the prem.too many prima-donna,s. anyway, was january that wonderful?

agreed

awful season it may have been but January was superb

Indeed, January was amazing coupled by the fact the fact that we were still absolutely dreadful against WBA and Chelsea, but still managed to get something from the game!

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 24 Apr 2013 23:31

Oddly I'd chose the opening day draw with Stoke.

Playing a team traditionally poor away, and no more than average overall, we worked our socks off and were still comfortably 2nd best to a team who barely looked like they were breaking into a sweat.

It had the hallmarks of relegation stamped all over it, right from day one of the season.