Le Fondre interview?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Le Fondre interview?

by Z175 » 22 Apr 2013 14:56

Hoop Blah BBC Sports take on Le Fondre's interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22247839

Some interesting quotes.

To be fair it is not unreasonable from Alf. But you could never imagine Alex Ferguson being questioned by his players for his decisions like McDermott and now Adkins have been.

I do think Alfie will be off anyway, as with last time we got relegated, anyone who can get snapped up will go for it for a much bigger salary than we can pay in the Championship. Mariappa and Le Fondre are probably the only two who have done well, Cardiff etc would probably be quite happy to sign him as a super sub for small fee.

I understand Adkins is trying his squad out for next season. But he won't want to have communicated that to his players until we're mathematically down. I did expect a new manager to at least get a "hunger" boost out of players desperate to impress, but to me it looks the opposite. No ones taking chances, gambling, all performances very subdued. So in a way its nice to see at least Alf is still hungry, and his efforts this season back up his words. Hope he stays.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 22 Apr 2013 16:59

Z175

Some interesting quotes.

Mariappa and Le Fondre are probably the only two who have done well, Cardiff etc would probably be quite happy to sign him as a super sub for small fee.

Federici? McCarthy? :wink:

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 22 Apr 2013 17:11

Lets be honest Adkins is chopping and changing every week to see who can do what!

he will probably get another 90 against QPR

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Apr 2013 17:24

Z175

Some interesting quotes.

To be fair it is not unreasonable from Alf. But you could never imagine Alex Ferguson being questioned by his players for his decisions like McDermott and now Adkins have been.

I do think Alfie will be off anyway, as with last time we got relegated, anyone who can get snapped up will go for it for a much bigger salary than we can pay in the Championship. Mariappa and Le Fondre are probably the only two who have done well, Cardiff etc would probably be quite happy to sign him as a super sub for small fee.

I understand Adkins is trying his squad out for next season. But he won't want to have communicated that to his players until we're mathematically down. I did expect a new manager to at least get a "hunger" boost out of players desperate to impress, but to me it looks the opposite. No ones taking chances, gambling, all performances very subdued. So in a way its nice to see at least Alf is still hungry, and his efforts this season back up his words. Hope he stays.

He has only demonstrated that hunger through talk. How well has he done recently when he has been playing? Got a full 90 mins against Southampton and, in doing so, demonstrated why McDermott primarily used him as a supersub rather than giving him a full game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Apr 2013 17:36

Agree with whoever said ALF and Pog would work well. But not yet, because neither will drop deep enough to pad out midfield. Next season I reckon they'd destroy Championship defences.

I'll be devastated if ALF goes.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 22 Apr 2013 17:39

Perhaps the reason Adkins isn't playing ALF is because he already knows he's good enough for the Championship and is using the remaining games we have to suss out who else is? Would explain why Blackman has been given so much time recently.

And he played ALF against Southampton because he want to beat them after they ditched him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Apr 2013 17:46

Scutterbucketz Perhaps the reason Adkins isn't playing ALF is because he already knows he's good enough for the Championship and is using the remaining games we have to suss out who else is? Would explain why Blackman has been given so much time recently.

And he played ALF against Southampton because he want to beat them after they ditched him.

I hope to goodness you are right. It seemed interesting he tried ALF in the lone roll. Presumably decided he wasn't strong enough for it.

I'd like to see him get another try now we're getting a better knack for passing the ball. But I am utterly biased on the subject of ALF.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Apr 2013 18:02

He's had one good month and that's about it this season.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 22 Apr 2013 20:30

I agree with the assumption that Adkins is seeing what he has got to work with for next season, ALF I suspect is very much in his thoughts. I think the summer will see quite a lot of players leave as he brings in players that suit his style better than what we have got here at the moment.

For the past 10 years or so we have employed a very frugal style of transfers in, but now, Hammond apart, those involved in the "Reading way" will have left the ship so I expect a far more exciting period of transfer acrtivity. Also it has to be remembered that this was Anton's first involvement in football club ownership, he will be more aware of what it takes now, and he too will not have the "frugality system" pulling the strings now.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 23 Apr 2013 14:11

Bit of an analysis on the Alfie situation.

http://www.thetilehurstend.com/2013/4/2 ... -transfers

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 23 Apr 2013 14:20

Really want ALF to stay. I love it when our cheap punts come good, he seemed so humble and grateful when he came here but with a lot of confidence in his ability.
But now that he feels he's proved himself I don't see the same player anymore.