Confirmed - Le Fondre to Cardiff

796 posts
RockheadRumple

Re: RUMOUR: Le Fondre to Leeds

by RockheadRumple » 28 Apr 2013 22:35

Westwood52
Royalee LOL - as if Leeds can afford him and we'd sell. They might sign Church though, he's immense... :lol:

Yes they can have Church and Hunt-Roberts will not be seen again.

You clearly didn't watch any Reading games last season. Hunt and Roberts were the best strike partnership in the league, you fucking twatting cunt punt.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: RUMOUR: Le Fondre to Leeds

by winchester_royal » 28 Apr 2013 22:40

RockheadRumple
Westwood52
Royalee LOL - as if Leeds can afford him and we'd sell. They might sign Church though, he's immense... :lol:

Yes they can have Church and Hunt-Roberts will not be seen again.

You clearly didn't watch any Reading games last season. Hunt and Roberts were the best strike partnership in the league, you fucking twatting cunt punt.

Yes but given they're both out of contract, both over 30, and one has a career threatening hip problem I think it's safe to assume we won't be building a long term project around them...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour - Le Fondre To West Brom

by SPARTA » 28 Apr 2013 22:46

Also Blackman seems to be favoured ahead of Hunt right now, so the chances of Hunt getting a new deal?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2013 22:48

SPARTA Also Blackman seems to be favoured ahead of Hunt right now, so the chances of Hunt getting a new deal?

favoured out wide.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Apr 2013 09:05

SPARTA Also Blackman seems to be favoured ahead of Hunt right now, so the chances of Hunt getting a new deal?

blackman has been our signing of the season

royal67

by royal67 » 29 Apr 2013 11:52

loyalroyal4life

blackman has been our signing of the season

I wish he'd been somebody elses signing. Proper bobbins.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 29 Apr 2013 12:31

Ian Royal

favoured out wide.

Not really wide, no. In a three behind the striker.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Apr 2013 21:12

Cobi
Ian Royal

favoured out wide.

He starts out wide but goes in the centre during the game. God knows how he's a striker, his shooting is awful

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Apr 2013 00:00

There was clearly a game plan to give McAnuff a free role to drift from central to out wide, for the wingers (Blackman and McCleary) come inside when McAnuff drifted wide, and / or to switch sides. But of the three, it was McAnuff who was predominantly central and Blackman who spent most of his time wide right.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Apr 2013 20:58

I'd say the game started with McLeary on the right, Blackman left and McAnuff central.

The wide players swapped reasonably early but then McAnuff came out on the left with Blackman central not long into the first half. It stayed that way for the remainder of the game until Blackman went off.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Apr 2013 21:06

At which point we went to a diamond to accommodate Pog and Alfie, which didn't really work imo..

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 30 Apr 2013 21:14

So given the last 3 posts, nobody knew where they were playing, when, how and when they changed!

Brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 30 Apr 2013 22:05

grey_squirrel So given the last 3 posts, nobody knew where they were playing, when, how and when they changed!

Brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant.

...or none of the 3 posters know what they are talking about?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Apr 2013 22:22

Or the players knew exactly what each were supposed to be doing and interchanged well under Adkins quality direction, which makes it difficult for the fans to nail down exactly where each player was playing predominantly.

I agree with Hoop about the way they started, I'm assuming he means not long into the second half for McAnuff going left.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Apr 2013 22:29

We were playing 2 up top towards the end with Pog and Alfie, and Hal was pretty clearly playing in the middle just behind them.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Apr 2013 22:54

Ian Royal Or the players knew exactly what each were supposed to be doing and interchanged well under Adkins quality direction, which makes it difficult for the fans to nail down exactly where each player was playing predominantly.

I agree with Hoop about the way they started, I'm assuming he means not long into the second half for McAnuff going left.

Nope, as I saw it McAnuff was moved out to the left during the first half and spent quite a bit of it out on the left wing. At first I thought they were rotating around quite a bit but once McAnuff came out left it was pretty much him there for the rest of the game until the late formation change.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2013 11:53

Hoop Blah
Ian Royal Or the players knew exactly what each were supposed to be doing and interchanged well under Adkins quality direction, which makes it difficult for the fans to nail down exactly where each player was playing predominantly.

Nope, as I saw it McAnuff was moved out to the left during the first half and spent quite a bit of it out on the left wing. At first I thought they were rotating around quite a bit but once McAnuff came out left it was pretty much him there for the rest of the game until the late formation change.

Not really what I saw, although if i recall, the point was that Blackman was wide right, and as you say, he started left and then moved right, so if McAnuff went left as you say, that presumably means McCleary went central. Blackman may not have always been hugging the touchline, but most of what I saw of him he was on the right.

It's all a bit pointless though isn't it.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 May 2013 12:31

I think ALF has to play in a regularly-staring pairing

He doesn't look like he could manage the "1" role in 451, and he needs to play with a specific kind of big forward
Hunt is the exception and can do the flick-on take-defenders out role quite well

I can't quite figure out Pog's way of playing

He's not bad at holding up a ball to feet 30 yards out but he doesn't make many chances
with all his alleged strength

Hunt with Doyle was a genuine PARTNERSHIP

Hunt with Long was a partnership and brilliant

Hunt with Roberts, also

Not checked the stats but ALF has never really settled into any true "partnership"

Good player but I think he needs a specific striker to marry with

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 01 May 2013 22:23

Hunt & Roberts was the best partnership I've seen. Complimented each other so well.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 02 May 2013 08:41

Started just 27 league games in 2 seasons for us

796 posts