Fulham (A) Match Thread Sponsored by The Championship

354 posts
USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fulham (A) Match Thread Sponsored by The Championship

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 04 May 2013 17:57

we have been pretty unlucky to have not gotten our win before this game, specifically vs qpr and norwich. if things had been a bit different we would have won. so to the people saying that we are being overly optimistic after one match of quality, we have been playing well for weeks under NA and almost every game has been a HUGE improvement. his first couple were a bit shaky but you can easily tell that his implementation of his style of play is improving us more than BM did in the whole season!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2013 18:01

The performance was better but your all getting too excited. Fulham had absouletly nothing to play for. Perhaps we will become very good but people are getting too excited over one game

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 May 2013 18:04

URZZZZ The performance was better but your all getting too excited. Fulham had absouletly nothing to play for. Perhaps we will become very good but people are getting too excited over one game

Reading had nothing to play for either

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2013 18:06

To get their first win under Adkins maybe. Reading showed that they cared more than Fulham throughut the game

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 May 2013 18:08

URZZZZ The performance was better but your all getting too excited. Fulham had absouletly nothing to play for. Perhaps we will become very good but people are getting too excited over one game

No, people are just enjoying the win.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 May 2013 18:12

URZZZZ To get their first win under Adkins maybe. Reading showed that they cared more than Fulham throughut the game

From a quick glance at the table, it appears that Fulham can still be relegated. They could finish anywhere from 9th -18th so maybe they did have something to play for.
As for "Reading showed that they cared more than Fulham throughut the game", surely this a positive and not something to complain about.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 04 May 2013 18:22

Happy with that at first, but I've been rumin8ing and, in many ways, winning like that now that we are down has pissed me off. Well, a bit.

Well played lads.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2013 18:34

P!ssed Off
URZZZZ To get their first win under Adkins maybe. Reading showed that they cared more than Fulham throughut the game

From a quick glance at the table, it appears that Fulham can still be relegated. They could finish anywhere from 9th -18th so maybe they did have something to play for.
As for "Reading showed that they cared more than Fulham throughut the game", surely this a positive and not something to complain about.

I know that but I am saying it is virtually impossible for Fulham to be relegated and that they had nothing to play for which is why we got the win. We did look a bit better though

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 04 May 2013 18:40

We are now in an early type of pre season!
It's good to see them play well and get a result, and now the whole team has a basis of decent passing football before we buy more players who will suit it all ready. It'll be less of a total rebuild over the summer with any hope, and hopefully a strengthening job!

Jon_rfc

by Jon_rfc » 04 May 2013 18:41

URZZZZ
P!ssed Off

I know that but I am saying it is virtually impossible for Fulham to be relegated and that they had nothing to play for which is why we got the win. We did look a bit better though

No offence mate but your argument is very poor. They had more to play for than us.......

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 04 May 2013 18:41

Great win today. Just a shame we wouldn't do it earlier. :(

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 04 May 2013 18:48

Its not just this game. We have been improving from day one under NA.

The passing and movement has been so much better in recent games and its only been 6 games or so under his management. He is clearly a exceptional coach, karacan was a different player today and has been for the last couple!

Imagine when we have the side fully built for next season! We will have the passing and the cutting edge!

I imagine we will be properly prepared from match one aswell for the first time in a long time.

Well done Nigel.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 May 2013 18:49

:|

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 May 2013 18:49

URZZZZ
P!ssed Off

:|

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2013 18:52

:|[/quote]
:| :| :| :| :| :|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2013 18:54

URZZZZ
P!ssed Off

We won, because we passed the ball excellently, created a bucket full of chances, took a number of them and didn't crumble at the first sign of a problem. Fulham started terribly as if they had nothing to play for, but from the point we scored and Karagounis came off they stepped up their performance and gave us a match.

No one's saying we're going to win the league on the back of that performance. But it's a huge step in the right direction and absolutely something to celebrate in a dire season. So fook off.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 May 2013 19:03

Poor ole URZZZZZ can't even get his quoting right!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 May 2013 19:33

paultheroyal Poor ole URZZZZZ can't even get his quoting right!

You don't know how to spell my name :roll:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 May 2013 19:43

third up on MOTD tonight.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 May 2013 19:52

Don't get the negativity, I really don't. Today wasn't about beating a side already on the beach, because Fulham were up for it as shown by the way they threw the kitchen sink towards the end. It was about another step in what has been a continuous progression since Nigel joined the club.

If you can't get excited by what you saw today then I suggest football's probably not for you.

354 posts