Jake Taylor

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jake Taylor

by HoneyRoastHoax » 17 Jul 2013 15:39

RoyalTank
Don't get me wrong, I would love him to break through into the first team. Nigel obviously knows a lot more than me and some old exeter fans and if he is saying that he is good enough for the first team then he must have something.

See this is it all over, well done for this statement. People cast their opinions on 90 mins of play when they don't see the hours the manager sees.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Jul 2013 17:15

tidus_mi2 Pretty sure Tim was always pronouncing it like Le Fondray but then I haven't listened to his commentary for quite a while.

In his defence, here's Le Fondre saying his own name...

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8439851/fantasy-fun-with-adam-le-fondre

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2013 17:34

maffff
Judge Drenthe Having heard about and then watched Jordan Obita's deliveries and his ability to take on his marker, he would be useful off the bench as well. Considering McAnuff already has Drenthe as competition on the left, he may too have Obita pushing him for a place as well.

Except Drenthe has been playing on the right and when asked on Instagram about his postion he said he's in as a right and left winger [no mention of full back, although he can cover..].

It's interesting how Adkins seems to like to invert his wingers - HRK on the right (where he looked much more comfortable cutting in), McCleary on the left, McAnuff on the left, centre or midfield. etc

Obita on the left at the moment but will he get flipped in time too?

Yeah, Drenthe played RW and AM in the friendly last night. And when he was RW he didn't seem to hug the touchline as much as McAnuff / Obita were doing on the left, or McCleary was doing on the right. I can see him playing a fair few games centrally, or at least taking over from Jobi when it comes to switching there later on.

I don't think Obita will flip because he already looked comfortable cutting inside... that mazy dribble into the box first half was a delight. But it's very early days for him so who knows. This is the 4th time I've seen him (two televised games in the FA Cup last year + Charlton A in the League Cup for us) and he's looked to have something about him for definite in three of those games. They other, the entire team as awful and he wasn't the worst on the pitch by far, doing just about ok.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 17 Jul 2013 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2013 17:36

Royal Ginger
tidus_mi2 Pretty sure Tim was always pronouncing it like Le Fondray but then I haven't listened to his commentary for quite a while.

In his defence, here's Le Fondre saying his own name...

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8439851/fantasy-fun-with-adam-le-fondre

Fair enough, Dellor's right and we're wrong. :oops:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Jul 2013 10:54

no oxf*rd way.

probably payed ALF to say it like that

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Jul 2013 12:35

melonhead no oxf*rd way.

Totally agree, did you see the pain in his eyes when he was saying his surname?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 18 Jul 2013 12:41

maffff Except Drenthe has been playing on the right and when asked on Instagram about his postion he said he's in as a right and left winger [no mention of full back, although he can cover..].

It's interesting how Adkins seems to like to invert his wingers - HRK on the right (where he looked much more comfortable cutting in), McCleary on the left, McAnuff on the left, centre or midfield. etc

Obita on the left at the moment but will he get flipped in time too?

HRK is much better as an inside forward running at the goal rather than down the line whereas every other winger we have (excusing drenthe as I havent seen him play enough games) is much more comfortable in the classic role legging it down the pitch and knocking a wide cross in or a cheeky back pass into space.. anyways my point being wouldnt it be wise to play HRK in the AMC role where he can thrive? hes got a head for scoring goals, is a beast of a player to mark and has the necessary skills to play in that deeper creative role! this has nothing to with Jake Taylor....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Jul 2013 13:19

I like the idea of a Drenthe/Hal/Jobi triumvirate all interchanging and taking their turn to find space and pick out a leaden footed beefcake of a defender to run at.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Jul 2013 13:26

melonhead no oxf*rd way.

We don't want clarification. I like listening to all the commentators trying to say it in a French accent, especially when they think they are being cultured by giving an almost silent -re.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Jul 2013 15:33

winchester_royal I like the idea of a Drenthe/Hal/Jobi triumvirate all interchanging and taking their turn to find space and pick out a leaden footed beefcake of a defender to run at.

quadrumvirate with kebe

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jul 2013 18:10

winchester_royal I like the idea of a Drenthe/Hal/Jobi triumvirate all interchanging and taking their turn to find space and pick out a leaden footed beefcake of a defender to run at.

Fuk it, lets just do a Spain when we get Kebster fit.

................McCarthy
Gunter, Mariappa, Pearce, Bridge
.........Guthrie.....Williams
Kebe.........Drenthe.....McAnuff
.............Robson-Kanu...............<- all four interchanging and drifting through the four attacking positions. Mark that if you can!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Jul 2013 10:19

Ian Royal

................McCarthy
.............Robson-Kanu...............<- all four interchanging and drifting through the four attacking positions. Mark that if you can!

would LOLove that

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 19 Jul 2013 10:35

Ian Royal

................McCarthy

Hate to say it but I sort of agree.

4-4-2 might be good for getting out of the Championship but does not work at PL level and so we do need to think out of the box. A fluid 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 model might give us longer term success. I also like the idea of HRK up front. I just have a feeling that if he can keep fit that he could be a 15-20 goal front player. And if we are having a bad day we can just bring on ALF for the last 30 minutes to bang in a couple. However with the formation you suggest it might be best to have Karacan rather than Guthrie in the CM two as he has so much industry and bite about him - although lacks Guthrie's passing ability.

Who needs a big target man?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Jul 2013 10:52

andrew1957
Hate to say it but I sort of agree.

4-4-2 might be good for getting out of the Championship but does not work at PL level and so we do need to think out of the box. A fluid 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 model might give us longer term success. I also like the idea of HRK up front. I just have a feeling that if he can keep fit that he could be a 15-20 goal front player. And if we are having a bad day we can just bring on ALF for the last 30 minutes to bang in a couple. However with the formation you suggest it might be best to have Karacan rather than Guthrie in the CM two as he has so much industry and bite about him - although lacks Guthrie's passing ability.

Who needs a big target man?

He might be on to something... QUICK! someone email Nigel! I think jobi is possibly better in the middle with drenthe out wide.. the speed alone would be worth it... alas Karacan is just not as good as Guthrie.. he must start! surely Guthrie is now our free kick taker? or is Drenthe better?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Jul 2013 11:35

Ian Royal

................McCarthy
Kebe, Mariappa, Pearce, Drenthe
McCleary......McAnuff.....Obita

Why not take out Gunter and Bridge and have Drenthe/Kebe playing as wing backs supporting the attack? Let the 6 of them wreak havoc doing what they want whilst Guthrie/Wiliams/Maps/Pearce clear up the rest..

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 19 Jul 2013 11:47

maffff
Ian Royal

................McCarthy

Why not take out Gunter and Bridge and have Drenthe/Kebe playing as wing backs supporting the attack? Let the 6 of them wreak havoc doing what they want whilst Guthrie/Wiliams/Maps/Pearce clear up the rest..

That looks incredible. Alternatively:

----------------------McCarthy--------------

--------Morisson--------Pearce--------Mapps

Kebe-----------Guthrie---------Williams---------Drenthe

-------------HRK-----------------------Jobi-----------------

----------------------------ALF------------------------------

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Jul 2013 12:23

maffff
Ian Royal

................McCarthy

While we're at it, lets play Rush Goalie. :lol:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Jul 2013 12:32

Ian Royal While we're at it, lets play Rush Goalie. :lol:

:lol:

Blackman?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Jul 2013 16:09

Seeing as the thread is about Jake Taylor, why not sandwich him in there?

IMO he's best behind the striker, but I've seen him have good games on the wing and he's industrious enough to play central midfield (which was where McDermott tried him two years ago). Him and Guthrie in midfield :shock:

Can't see him playing full back or striker as more than an emergency.

Truth be told, I always preferred Abdulai (Bell-)Baggie. Not sure why we let him go so early, we've clung onto more ordinary players for much longer.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Jul 2013 16:40

SCIAG Truth be told, I always preferred Abdulai (Bell-)Baggie. Not sure why we let him go so early, we've clung onto more ordinary players for much longer.

Most Tranmere fans don't rate him tbf.