Mariappa - let the rumours commence

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Mariappa - let the rumours commence

by TBM » 03 Aug 2013 17:08

So Adrian Mariappa wasn't in the squad of 18 today, nor was he listed as being injured

BBC Radio Berks quickly skipped over the issue when someone txt in asking where he was

A Jamaican footballer failed a drugs test, last month

The transfer window is still open

One8Seven1

Re: Mariappa - let the rumours commence

by One8Seven1 » 03 Aug 2013 17:42

He would have been, for me, the obvious choice for Captain. Morrison is a big surprise, especially with Pearce vying for the Captaincy as well. Something not quite right there.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Aug 2013 17:45

Nothing in the failed test rumour. It's not him. Please move on - these sorts of allegations aren't anything we want associated with our players or them themselves. They are dangerous and unnecessary, such as the lies about Shorey last season.

Transfers? Dunno.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 03 Aug 2013 17:51

Massive plus 1 tbm you can't trust these Jamaican punts are far as you can throw your eyeballs, I was at the game today but I heard he was in the chequers in wodley drinking scag by the dreaded wig full- suggest you invest in a decent attorney, thus is all speculative though no law shit here

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Aug 2013 17:55

I do wonder where he is - not heard he's injured - is he about to sign for someone else? ......

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 03 Aug 2013 17:56

shorey got a telling off last season for being out the night before a game, or it may have been games, but he wasn't out drinking. that was hear-say [the joys of social media aye] but agree totally with maffff, it doesn't take much to spiral and then cause damage. i'm sure mapps is out for good reason, or newcastle have shown interest again!

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Aug 2013 18:02

What lies about Shorey?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Aug 2013 18:04

Rumours he isn't as good as Pearce and Morrison? They're not rumours, they're fact.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Aug 2013 18:05

Illness

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 03 Aug 2013 18:06

Cobi shorey got a telling off last season for being out the night before a game, or it may have been games, but he wasn't out drinking. that was hear-say [the joys of social media aye] but agree totally with maffff, it doesn't take much to spiral and then cause damage. i'm sure mapps is out for good reason, or newcastle have shown interest again!

Shorey would often be seen drinking soft drinks in the hotel the night before a game, also in Windsor, but yes, not alcohol. It only takes a supporter or two to decide amongst themselves that he's out a bit late and then it gets back to the club. Someone on here mention he'd been pulled up for being out, but not that he was drinking, but posters here then exaggerated it, as did the twitter idiots. It was something of nothing, just a word in his ear and that was all. As you say, it was the fans hearing that and then hot potato and people then say he was seen drinking, and then it spirals unfairly. Shorey's attitude was called into question a few times last season, and that is why he was allowed to leave rather than we extend his deal by an additional year which we could have done.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 03 Aug 2013 18:13

One8Seven1
Cobi shorey got a telling off last season for being out the night before a game, or it may have been games, but he wasn't out drinking. that was hear-say [the joys of social media aye] but agree totally with maffff, it doesn't take much to spiral and then cause damage. i'm sure mapps is out for good reason, or newcastle have shown interest again!

Shorey would often be seen drinking soft drinks in the hotel the night before a game, also in Windsor, but yes, not alcohol. It only takes a supporter or two to decide amongst themselves that he's out a bit late and then it gets back to the club. Someone on here mention he'd been pulled up for being out, but not that he was drinking, but posters here then exaggerated it, as did the twitter idiots. It was something of nothing, just a word in his ear and that was all. As you say, it was the fans hearing that and then hot potato and people then say he was seen drinking, and then it spirals unfairly. Shorey's attitude was called into question a few times last season, and that is why he was allowed to leave rather than we extend his deal by an additional year which we could have done.

Shorey was half-arsed at WBA and Fulham if you speak to their fans. He lost his hunger for the game once he got his England moment and it not working out for him at Villa. He's just lived off his reputation ever since.

As for Mariappa, it'll be an illness or something sensible. Let's not speculate..

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 03 Aug 2013 18:20

maffff Nothing in the failed test rumour. It's not him. Please move on - these sorts of allegations aren't anything we want associated with our players or them themselves. They are dangerous and unnecessary, such as the lies about Shorey last season.

Transfers? Dunno.

There are others ITK, some would say, far more than you who would dispute your Shorey comments.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 03 Aug 2013 18:24

Cobi ...or newcastle have shown interest again!

Hadn't heard about Newcastle being interested, but was talking to a bloke on the bus who was asking questions about us but also Ipswich so figured wasn't a fan of either team, then he was bemoaning the quality of Academies and young English players compared to young players he saw from other countries at U19 tournaments etc. Then he mentioned not paying to get into games, and so I asked "are you a scout?" to which he said "yes" and then asked him who for, and he said "Newcastle". Maybe he was there with Mariappa in mind?

The bloke seemed like someone who would be mates with Joe Kinnear - very overweight cockney type, rather than what my based-on-nothing view of a scout would be. If he was genuine, then the most interesting thing he imparted after revealing he was a scout (only got to that bit as getting off the bus so didn't talk much longer after he said he worked for Newcastle) was that they were interested in Leigertwood a year ago, thought he would be good midfield cover, but signed other players in the end.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 03 Aug 2013 18:29

Barry the bird boggler Illness

Club confirmed this? - cos before the game they didn't even mention he was "out"

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 03 Aug 2013 18:30

CayeneMatt
maffff Nothing in the failed test rumour. It's not him. Please move on - these sorts of allegations aren't anything we want associated with our players or them themselves. They are dangerous and unnecessary, such as the lies about Shorey last season.

Transfers? Dunno.

There are others ITK, some would say, far more than you who would dispute your Shorey comments.

Indeed.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Aug 2013 18:35

Whatever darling :)

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 03 Aug 2013 20:39

"We also came into the game with all players available to select from, barring longer-term injuries, and that was one of our goals in pre-season.
Hmmm

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Aug 2013 20:53

re: Shorey - I reported at the time, and know FOR A FACT, that he was not picked due to a clause in his contract whereupon we would be paying him a lot more money and we didn't want to do that. At the end of the season we offered to keep him, but he didn't want to stay. I can only presume that was because of the money we were offering/chances of first team games being negligible for him. You can all say this is wrong, all day long, doesn't mean that you're right however.

As for Marriappa - unless he has a Chris Armstrong type of illness, which he doesn't want disclosed for the time being, I can't understand why we haven't just said he is injured/ill or whatever - so people are bound to speculate, whether that speculation is right or not.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 03 Aug 2013 20:58

Paul Towner ‏@PaulTowner 37m
google Mariappa fails drugs test, link in google now deleted.

Jordan Norris ‏@Jordo79 5m
Just seen that. 13 hours ago so couldn't have been a busy Reading fan putting 2 and 2 together

Concerning.

Also Charlie Watts from GetReading asked Nigel Adkins about Mariappa and he dodged the question, and instead said he needed seven subs and Gorkss was one of them.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 03 Aug 2013 20:59

Did anyone listen to Radio Berks after the game? - did they talk about Mariappa? - Did Tim ask Nigel why he wasn't selected?

It just seems funny how they brushed it off very quickly pre-match and changed the subject totally.