Pogrebnyak

964 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pogrebnyak

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Sep 2013 23:45

Sanguine Measured on impact during his time at the club, Nicky Forster is one the best Reading players of the last 20 years.

Feel free to provide the stats.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Sep 2013 23:49

Woodcote Royal
Sanguine Measured on impact during his time at the club, Nicky Forster is one the best Reading players of the last 20 years.

Feel free to provide the stats.

to interject, no stats, just my fucking eyes

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 15 Sep 2013 23:56

I looked for a gif for fùcking eyes

I wish I hadn't

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Sep 2013 00:21

Uke I looked for a gif for fùcking eyes

I wish I hadn't

oxf*rd me! What the oxf*rd is that!?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 00:31

Royal Ginger

I wish I hadn't

it's one of Royal Blue's home videos

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Sep 2013 00:38

Royal Ginger

I wish I hadn't

It's a man in a 'balding dog' mask with an enormous wooden prosthetic phallus having penetrative sexual relations with a brick wall whose eyes roll in resignation.

The may be the only time I type the above sentence.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 16 Sep 2013 00:42

Uke
Royal Ginger

I wish I hadn't

It's a man in a 'balding dog' mask with an enormous wooden prosthetic phallus having penetrative sexual relations with a brick wall whose eyes roll in resignation.

The may be the only time I type the above sentence.

So all in all it's just another prick in a wall?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Sep 2013 00:45

:lol:

Which part :)

littlejohnnyoster

by littlejohnnyoster » 16 Sep 2013 03:19

other than his stupid antics, pog looked keen, really up for it and exactly what we need ie a player who can and will hold the play up and piss off defenders. Alf was completely anonymous, whreas Pog spent the first 20 mins causing problems. Stupid behaviour for his card but i still think he can sort him self out and provide for us.

Agree too that no-one is ever second yellowed for a dive outside the box and when guthrie/ lualua did similar pathetic tumbles the ref turned a blind eye.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Sep 2013 05:08

Royal Lady TWO attempts on target in 45 mins?? PROFLemier LOLeague wannabes. :roll:

Same number as Blackpool. QPR and Forrest. So your point is?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Sep 2013 06:27

Harpers So Solid Crew
Royal Lady TWO attempts on target in 45 mins?? PROFLemier LOLeague wannabes. :roll:

Same number as Blackpool. QPR and Forrest. So your point is?

Championship football is shit

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 16 Sep 2013 07:19

Everyone said the premier was shit league one here we come

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 16 Sep 2013 09:21

Rumour has it that the club are going to appeal Pog's 1 match ban for his red card........................

.............................................they are going to ask for it to be made into a 3 match ban.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 16 Sep 2013 09:34

Sat in the East behind the disabled area, so my views on the two fouls are thus:

1st booking
Running away from us, other side of the pitch so not the clearest of views for me, however, it looked a foul and on the basis of what the ref was issuing other yellows for, was a booking
I haven't seen this one again, so happy to be proved wrong on this one.

2nd booking
Right in front of us, plus saw a brief clip of the incident from the Sky coverage at HT on someone's phone.
I didn't see the arm/shirt pull. From what I saw, Pog tried to spin the two defenders, got a clip across the shin (foul), but recovered his footing, got free of the men (slightly) then threw himself (dive).
On the basis of that, I felt the referee was correct to book him for diving. However, having already been on a yellow, I would have suggested it should have been a final warning for most refs.

Brighton Red
Foot high, round Pearce's face. Given what yellow cards were being dished out for, 100% correct.

Some of the other yellows seemed very harsh, but I think these three were pretty much correct, based on (as Jason Roberts said in his post match interview) "how high the bar was set". I intend to watch the incidents on the recording tonight.

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 16 Sep 2013 09:51

Brum Royal Sat in the East behind the disabled area, so my views on the two fouls are thus:

1st booking
Running away from us, other side of the pitch so not the clearest of views for me, however, it looked a foul and on the basis of what the ref was issuing other yellows for, was a booking
I haven't seen this one again, so happy to be proved wrong on this one.

2nd booking
Right in front of us, plus saw a brief clip of the incident from the Sky coverage at HT on someone's phone.
I didn't see the arm/shirt pull. From what I saw, Pog tried to spin the two defenders, got a clip across the shin (foul), but recovered his footing, got free of the men (slightly) then threw himself (dive).
On the basis of that, I felt the referee was correct to book him for diving. However, having already been on a yellow, I would have suggested it should have been a final warning for most refs.

Brighton Red
Foot high, round Pearce's face. Given what yellow cards were being dished out for, 100% correct.

Some of the other yellows seemed very harsh, but I think these three were pretty much correct, based on (as Jason Roberts said in his post match interview) "how high the bar was set". I intend to watch the incidents on the recording tonight.

I watched the replays and if you think about it from what you said pog did get slightly clipped but went down late (I agree completely) but for his first yellow their player was slightly clipped by pog but went down late, so on one end the refs saying you caught him heres a yellow but then saying you went down too late heres a second yellow. Both incidents in context are the same and the ref hasnt stuck to his first judgement for the second.

Just watched the replay on SSN and from a different angle it shows he had his arm pulled the whole time too.
Last edited by AkpansBFF on 16 Sep 2013 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 Sep 2013 09:58

Woodcote Royal Releasing Noel Hunt and keeping this joker simply beggars belief, as does Schard's view that Pog is more likely to score than the "anonymous" Alf, who already has 3 goals in this campaign................................but, there again, this the man who always insisted the sun shone from Nicky Forster's backside :|

Any club looking for a player who knows 10 different ways to dive or fall over will pay a fortune for POG......................and I doubt any expense is being spared at the Madstad in their search for such a rare beast :|

I'm not even going to go there with the Forster stuff :roll: however, Woodcote is right about releasing Noel Hunt being a poor decision and I did say this at the time

- championship standard forward
- always gives 100%
- not on extortionate wages I would presume
- loves the club
- wouldn't bitch if not a first team starter

Ideal as cover for injuries/loss of form/ballsed up transfer windows

Should never have let him go

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Sep 2013 10:14

I don't think it's a case of keeping one or the other.

Hunts contract was up, Pog's isn't and nwe couldn't keep both. No one wanted Pog at the price he thinks he's worth. So we are stuck with him.

It's a millstone round our necks and I'm sure if we'd managed to get rid we'd of been able to do more business.

Don't think for a minute fee's are the problem as you can spread those out, but the size of the over all wage bill. (although some people want us to pay completely unreasonable and ridiculous fee's for players at this level, which the club would never have done.)

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 16 Sep 2013 10:17

Schards#2
Woodcote Royal Releasing Noel Hunt and keeping this joker simply beggars belief, as does Schard's view that Pog is more likely to score than the "anonymous" Alf, who already has 3 goals in this campaign................................but, there again, this the man who always insisted the sun shone from Nicky Forster's backside :|

Any club looking for a player who knows 10 different ways to dive or fall over will pay a fortune for POG......................and I doubt any expense is being spared at the Madstad in their search for such a rare beast :|

I'm not even going to go there with the Forster stuff :roll: however, Woodcote is right about releasing Noel Hunt being a poor decision and I did say this at the time

- championship standard forward
- always gives 100%
- not on extortionate wages I would presume
- loves the club
- wouldn't bitch if not a first team starter

Ideal as cover for injuries/loss of form/ballsed up transfer windows

Should never have let him go

Well yes, but all very easy to say in hindsight. Adkins would have been told that funding his choice of striker(s) was no problem and maybe the club had a few lined up. Why they didn't materialise is open to debate, but the plan to bring in a new, younger face on a long-term contract rather than be forced to offer anything more than a year to Hunt was - on paper at least - a sound one.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 10:27

tbf it was fairly easy to say at the time - and Schards wasn't the only one. We shouldn't have let him go.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Sep 2013 10:32

I'd have not got rid of him, but only if it could be guaranteed that we could get rid of Roberts or the Pog.

964 posts