Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by creative_username_1 » 06 Oct 2013 10:38

sandman I'm sorry, I didn't want to have to do that but you forced me into it by being difficult.

A team is shit, their manager gets sacked, the new manager comes in and the players try to impress him resulting in a difficult match for their opponents.

The players are still shit though which is reflected in the results of teams that have a new manager i.e. they are just as likely to lose

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Oct 2013 10:43

Players can be shit and still gain at least a short term boost by a new manager coming in particularly for the first game that manager has because they're eager to impress.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 06 Oct 2013 10:54

sandman Players can be shit and still gain at least a short term boost by a new manager coming in particularly for the first game that manager has because they're eager to impress.

this is subjective and difficult to measure. Its based on reason rather than evidence. Maybe they don't like the new appointment and won't play for them. Also
players taht raise their game in this way obv have character flaws.

Jedi Master Yoda

by Jedi Master Yoda » 06 Oct 2013 13:18

Great friend of mine, Brian is. For 5^10 lightyears we go back much miles. His soft face say so the wrinkles on, yes, hmm? Anyway, for the improvement of players he deserves credit. For example ALFie LeFondre. Be without these players, where would we, hmm? Wise developer, of players he is. Off spring of Brian, Gylfi Sigurdsson our lord is. Our master, respect him. Herh herh herh.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Oct 2013 13:34

Sell out to Vodafone, you did. Corporate whore, you are hmmm.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Oct 2013 15:02

Royal91 Anyone who still wants Brian is simply deluded.

McDermott would not have attracted Royston, Williams and Bridge.

Having watched Leeds a few times this season they have are absolutely shit.

It feels like the Adkins haters on here are demanding we rip it around like Barcelona every week. It will take more than one season to play the way Adkins wants.

I'm pretty sure those players were attracted here by money, the stature of the club and the facilities. I'm not sure the determining factor would have been Nigel himself. In any case, McDermott travelled all around the world to attract players to the football club, for example when he went to Dubai to speak to Guthrie. It's not really a point of comparison.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 06 Oct 2013 15:12

Jedi Master Yoda Great friend of mine, Brian is. For 5^10 lightyears we go back much miles. His soft face say so the wrinkles on, yes, hmm? Anyway, for the improvement of players he deserves credit. For example ALFie LeFondre. Be without these players, where would we, hmm? Wise developer, of players he is. Off spring of Brian, Gylfi Sigurdsson our lord is. Our master, respect him. Herh herh herh.

Nobody has made my ignore list with so few posts.

But I am sure you think you are hilarious.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Oct 2013 20:09

Big Ern

"Made my ignore list with so few posts, nobody has.

But sure you think you are hilarious, I am. Hmmmmmm.

Doesn't even take brains to do: http://www.yodaspeak.co.uk/index.php

Mind you, stuck Adkins' post match comments into it and it was quite difficult to spot the difference!

To give credit to burnley, have we because they sit top of the league and they were very good again in this one.

"Like to think we can avoid the types of goals they scored, we would, but to control the game better we made three substitutions after an hour and changed our shape totally in an effort.

" Only 1-0 at the time and we endeavoured to get something from it, it was, but burnley worked very, exceptional throughout, very hard and I thought their front two were. Yeesssssss.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 07 Oct 2013 08:12

Therefore we must conclude that Adkins is the true Jedi master

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 07 Oct 2013 08:38

windermere_royal trust me, McDermott will not be the manager at Leeds united at the end of the season.

I'm afraid I don't share your optimism - I can't believe that Anton will accept that he made a mistake. But I guess there's still hope!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Oct 2013 14:12

I see we had 60% possession at Turf Moor. Surely the green shoots of recovery and a good enough reason to give Adkins at least another four games.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Oct 2013 15:56

Bandini
windermere_royal trust me, McDermott will not be the manager at Leeds united at the end of the season.

I'm afraid I don't share your optimism - I can't believe that Anton will accept that he made a mistake. But I guess there's still hope!

anton wont be here for very long anyway- so it looks like a tacit admission of said mistake

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 07 Oct 2013 16:25

do you think they'll get the band back together (SJM & McD/Coppell) then Brends? It's looking likely when Anton goes

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Oct 2013 05:38

Wonder what the pay off was,?

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 12 Oct 2013 19:09

AthleticoSpizz
royal_ross +100000
cock

Thanks bro I'm feeling the love too.

Just for the record I am grateful to McDermott and what he did for the club with no money at all was nothing short of amazing but I am getting frustrated at people slagging off Adkins when he's had 13 GAMES and trying to compare both managers. Very harsh to do so early on in Adkins tenure.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 12 Oct 2013 21:26

Maguire I see we had 60% possession at Turf Moor. Surely the green shoots of recovery and a good enough reason to give Adkins at least another four games.

Well 56% actually according the BBC report. But I think the more telling stats are their 21(7) shots (on target) against our 8(3) and their corner count of eight to our three.

To me shows that while we might have had marginally more possession (prolly in the centre of the park or our own defensive third), they were much more effective when they had possession.

Effective in both 18 yard boxes? You decide...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Oct 2013 21:49

Muskrat
Maguire I see we had 60% possession at Turf Moor. Surely the green shoots of recovery and a good enough reason to give Adkins at least another four games.

Well 56% actually according the BBC report. But I think the more telling stats are their 21(7) shots (on target) against our 8(3) and their corner count of eight to our three.

To me shows that while we might have had marginally more possession (prolly in the centre of the park or our own defensive third), they were much more effective when they had possession.

Effective in both 18 yard boxes? You decide...

Yep, I'm just satirically mocking the way this board became obsessed with possession stats last season.

On another note, I see Adkins couldn't even get a game arranged for this weekend :roll:

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 12 Oct 2013 22:24

Yeah poor innit. I reckon Yemen would have been up for some shooting practice...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Oct 2013 14:55

Leeds 3-0 Birmingham 69mins gone.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Oct 2013 15:01

4-0 74mns

3714 posts