Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Nov 2013 16:07

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype
melonhead they are also saying nothing on the existence of god.

tell us what you know RFC!

Yeah, we have no right whatsoever to know what is going on with the club we invest in.

i know.

:lol:

And here was me thinking argument retardation on #AskJason couldn't be topped.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Nov 2013 18:15

I have to congratulate URZZZ on getting a 26 pager out of a buyout that doesn't even exist.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Nov 2013 18:34

Extended-Phenotype
Uke
Extended-Phenotype Yeah, we have no right whatsoever to know what is going on with the club we invest in.

You have shares?

Not sure it works like that, mate. You could always buy a ticket and find out for yourself though.

Investor =/= customer

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Nov 2013 18:47

Fortunately for you, pedantry turns me on.

If I'm giving money to a club I'm investing in them for a return of good football and decent players to watch.

I appreciate that's not exactly the same as investing in financial shares but its a bit silly to pick up on that point like it missed the target by miles.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Nov 2013 19:08

genome I have to congratulate URZZZ on getting a 26 pager out of a buyout that doesn't even exist.

Not what I've heard...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Nov 2013 19:09

Pepe the Horseman
genome I have to congratulate URZZZ on getting a 26 pager out of a buyout that doesn't even exist.

Not what I've heard...

It's people like you that keep this monster going.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 08 Nov 2013 19:42

genome
Pepe the Horseman

Not what I've heard...

It's people like you that keep this monster going.

give yourself some credit on that front as well.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Nov 2013 20:14

Extended-Phenotype Fortunately for you, pedantry turns me on.

If I'm giving money to a club I'm investing in them for a return of good football and decent players to watch.

I appreciate that's not exactly the same as investing in financial shares but its a bit silly to pick up on that point like it missed the target by miles.

Again that's being a customer

If you want to stay on the "investment" track as a fan you can only invest emotional capital expecting no return, thus making any promotions dividends which are reinvested making future losses even greater

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Nov 2013 08:25

Extended-Phenotype Fortunately for you, pedantry turns me on.

You may think you are but you aren't though are you? You are paying to enter the stadium, be allocated a seat and wat h a game of football. There is no guarantees included of either good players or good football. Beyond buying merchandise that's pretty much where it ends.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Nov 2013 10:08

melonhead
Royal Lady Whose idea was it for the "club" to buy the new training ground? Is this using parachute money then?

get sleuthing RL

anyone can ask questions of the ether

My inference being,clearly, that if AZ has tied up club money in buying the training ground, then he's not the "saviour" that a lot of people (not me) thought he was going to be - in fact, if the training ground deal goes ahead, tying up parachute money, for e.g., then we're going to be short of money to buy in the players we need in January or whatever. Seems to me AZ paid £25 million (probably of Daddy's money) and that's that. He's not putting his own money into the club - he's not a sugar daddy - and, it would appear, now he wants out....I believe Dirk once said "be careful what you wish for" - where are all these over excitable people these days, the ones who wouldn't listen when some of us urged caution? :cry:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Nov 2013 11:39

Or perhaps not....

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 09 Nov 2013 11:59

...but it ain't looking good.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 Nov 2013 15:30

Why did anyone think that AZ would be buying the training ground, makes sense to invest some of the Premier money into the club IMHO, why should it all be pissed up on players, while someone else pays for the infrastucture?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Nov 2013 16:24

Royal Lady
melonhead
Royal Lady Whose idea was it for the "club" to buy the new training ground? Is this using parachute money then?

get sleuthing RL

anyone can ask questions of the ether

My inference being,clearly, that if AZ has tied up club money in buying the training ground, then he's not the "saviour" that a lot of people (not me) thought he was going to be - in fact, if the training ground deal goes ahead, tying up parachute money, for e.g., then we're going to be short of money to buy in the players we need in January or whatever. Seems to me AZ paid £25 million (probably of Daddy's money) and that's that. He's not putting his own money into the club - he's not a sugar daddy - and, it would appear, now he wants out....I believe Dirk once said "be careful what you wish for" - where are all these over excitable people these days, the ones who wouldn't listen when some of us urged caution? :cry:

Still here and will be until there is anything proven instead of all the hysterical paper talk and gossip.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 18:21

72 bus
Ian Royal It looks pretty clear from the older games I've seen the massive difference in fitness and conditioning in players then and now.

It's always been 22 blokes running around after a football for 90 mins, most of this reading first team would not have survived in the 60's and 70's even with their supposedly better conditioning.
At some point it comes down to team spirit and personal bottle, and this present lot don't have either.

Yes, this Reading team used to restricted softer tackling would of course be unable to cope in the 60s or 70s. Just as most teams from the 60s or 70s would be absolutely destroyed by the fitness and pace of the game today. Assuming they managed to stay on the pitch long enough.

That last sentence is just an indication of how many decades behind reality so many are in English football.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 18:23

Extended-Phenotype
Uke
Extended-Phenotype
Yeah, we have no right whatsoever to know what is going on with the club we invest in.

You have shares?

Not sure it works like that, mate. You could always buy a ticket and find out for yourself though.

perhaps you should ask the supermarket you shop in to provide you with its business plan seeing as you're an "investor" in it.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Nov 2013 19:23

Ian Royal perhaps you should ask the supermarket you shop in to provide you with its business plan seeing as you're an "investor" in it.

:|

Have you shopped in the same supermarket for your entire life then, Ian?

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 09 Nov 2013 20:00

Ian Royal perhaps you should ask the supermarket you shop in to provide you with its business plan seeing as you're an "investor" in it.

No prob. It's freely available
http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk/a ... nsion.html

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 09 Nov 2013 20:09

Give Anton a break guys, he's very busy dealing with other important business

http://instagram.com/p/ggXRPyzK-N/

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Nov 2013 20:15

floyd__streete

:|

Have you shopped in the same supermarket for your entire life then, Ian?

Read a great article a couple of years back about a man who one day went up to the counter with his weekly shopping and demanded a discount on the grounds he shopped there every week for a certain number of years and he deserved one! In the end the manager came out and gave him a discount as it was easrier then putting a weeks worth of shopping back on the shelves! The point of the article is that chain stores (think it was our sponsor) are capable of giving discounts and that it is a myth that they have to sell it at the labelled price or the regional overseer will come and give them a good telling off.. Tangent over.

8684 posts