Akpan Wants First Team Foosball

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Akpan Wants First Team Foosball

by genome » 08 Nov 2013 13:25

Still laughing at the mistimed header he made against Leeds. It wasn't even close.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Nov 2013 13:28

Meh

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 08 Nov 2013 15:31

floyd__streete Hope and I at least have one thing in common: he wants a move, I want him to move as well.

Woeful footballer.

Can't disagree. He's marginally better than that other McD panic buy, but then that isn't saying a whole lot. TBF Akpan and Blackman have not added to the sum of the team's parts, and frankly should either STFU or oxf*rd off back to a team at the correct level for their ability - which judging by Sheff U's current position is the relegation zone of League 1 or for Crawley in mid-table of the same league. Neither is patently worthy of a starting place in a team in the Championship play-off
zone.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 08 Nov 2013 15:35

southbank1871
WoodleyRoyal look at Morrison he was not in the first team for a good year or so now he's club captain for one of the top sides in the championship.

He plays for us doesn't he?

I would have thought being 5th makes us one of the top sides in the Championship-another smart arse one-liner from you eh?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 08 Nov 2013 16:03

You seem a bit rattled m8?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 08 Nov 2013 16:29

NewCorkSeth
Gordons Cumming Whats foosball?

The Devil

:lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Nov 2013 20:24

Mike Hunt
NewCorkSeth
Gordons Cumming Whats foosball?

The Devil

THANK YOU! Someone got it

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Nov 2013 23:00

southbank1871
WoodleyRoyal look at Morrison he was not in the first team for a good year or so now he's club captain for one of the top sides in the championship.

He plays for us doesn't he?

He's not club captain though, that's still McAnuff from what I can tell.

As for Akpan, well he's clearly not a top end Championship midfielder at the moment but he does need to be playing games to progress as a player, hence why he was at Crawley and not just sitting on his arse at Everton.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 11 Nov 2013 18:12

winchester_royal I'm almost embarrassed at how over the top I was about him after his first couple of games. For such a big lad he has zero presence on the pitch.

Yeah you should be, was gonna mention how loads were drooling over him after his first couple of games. Now everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and put him down. First it was Pog so god help Alfie if sharp comes in and starts scoring.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 11 Nov 2013 18:46

God, all the bloke said was he wants first team football, isn't it a bit of an over reaction to get so pissed off with him, whatever the merits or not of his comments.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Nov 2013 18:58

WoodleyRoyal this pisses me off, if it were not for us he'd still be at shitty crawley, we have injurys galore in the centre of the park. Obita has seemed to have moved above him in the pecking order but he's still making the bench. if guthrie or baird get injured he be in and around the first team again. I mean what the oxf*rd did he expect when signed for a club two divisions higher to walk straight into the team and stay there? get your head down work hard and give the manager something to think about. Christ was the last game he started the debacle 6 nil thrashing? and as the op said surely you talk to the manager first before going to the press to moan about how shit your life is. boo oxf*rd hoo

This

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Nov 2013 19:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup
WoodleyRoyal this pisses me off, if it were not for us he'd still be at shitty crawley, we have injurys galore in the centre of the park. Obita has seemed to have moved above him in the pecking order but he's still making the bench. if guthrie or baird get injured he be in and around the first team again. I mean what the oxf*rd did he expect when signed for a club two divisions higher to walk straight into the team and stay there? get your head down work hard and give the manager something to think about. Christ was the last game he started the debacle 6 nil thrashing? and as the op said surely you talk to the manager first before going to the press to moan about how shit your life is. boo oxf*rd hoo

This

spot on. this blokes a disgrace he should get his head down work hard and let his football do the talking he doesnt have a divine right to play typical overpaid prima donna footballer who the hell does he think he is he doesnt play for crawley anymore who are they anyway they arent even a proper team proper team my oxf*rd oxf*rd makes my blood boil just thinking i oxf*rd hate everything oxf*rd

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Nov 2013 19:16

Yarrr the scurvy dog.

How do you know he didn't go to the manager first?

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 11 Nov 2013 22:17

Akpan against Leeds was the biggest 'rabbit in the headlights' performance I've ever seen. Bottled every tackle, and on the odd occasion he got the ball, he gave it away. A mixture of being useless and embarrassing.

About as useless aa Khumalo, and thats saying something.

Since that match I can't even be arsed clapping him when he's warming up on the touch line.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Nov 2013 22:23

leon
2 world wars, 1 world cup

This

spot on. this blokes a disgrace he should get his head down work hard and let his football do the talking he doesnt have a divine right to play typical overpaid prima donna footballer who the hell does he think he is he doesnt play for crawley anymore who are they anyway they arent even a proper team proper team my oxf*rd oxf*rd makes my blood boil just thinking i oxf*rd hate everything oxf*rd

Ok so maybe I was a bit OTT but this sort of talk in the open is potentially damaging to team morale

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Nov 2013 22:43

Cripple Creek God, all the bloke said was he wants first team football, isn't it a bit of an over reaction to get so pissed off with him, whatever the merits or not of his comments.

Don't think anyone's pissed off with him, most people just seem happy there's a chance he might get shipped out on loan.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 12 Nov 2013 01:44

CayeneMatt Akpan against Leeds was the biggest 'rabbit in the headlights' performance I've ever seen. Bottled every tackle, and on the odd occasion he got the ball, he gave it away. A mixture of being useless and embarrassing.

About as useless aa Khumalo, and thats saying something.

Since that match I can't even be arsed clapping him when he's warming up on the touch line.

Judging a player entirely on one performance? How fickle.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 17 Nov 2013 11:22

When a player comes on as sub and is blowing after every run then you know something is wrong. I followed him around the pitch, ignored the game and essentially he had no interest in getting involved at all. Not able to cut it at this level

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Nov 2013 14:50

Cripple Creek This same interview - I'm assuming it is from the article in the Reading Evening Post - also quotes Steve Coppell saying that he is surprised that Akpan hasn't featured more in the first team as he seems to think he is good enough.

It seems there's a couple of reason's Steve's not in management anymore. Akpan's looked the least capable of our legion of midfielders. I'm including Obita in that list.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Nov 2013 15:27

Not what Coppell said. He said he expected Akpan to have progressed enough by now that he would be a regular in the team given his form and the promise he showed when he left Crawley.