HNA approval/disapproval of NA

418 posts

how long should we keep nigel adkins as manager?

get rid of now, his tactics are weak and we can do better
16%
give him till the end of december, then we will see where we are
4%
give him time to make signings in january and we will assess in march
6%
give him till the end of the season, he deserves a full season to show what he can do
44%
i am currently happy with our position in the table and the quality of football we are playing. this shouldnt be a discussion
20%
other
9%

Total votes: 232
muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

Re: HNA approval/disapproval of NA

by muddyfeet » 07 Dec 2013 19:07

I wonder what he said to them at half time
No passion no urgency in the second half and totally clueless

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Dec 2013 19:07

Royal Lady If you chop and change the team as often as Adkins does, you'll never get a good cohesion between the players, the team spirit and work ethic just dissipates because they're playing with different players each week. Our successes have come from playing the same 11 (unless there are injuries) and them all wanting to work for each other and knowing how each other plays. Chopping and changing the team was the problem with Rodgers and is fast becoming the problem with Adkins.

How's he doing these days?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 07 Dec 2013 19:08

Royal Lady If you chop and change the team as often as Adkins does, you'll never get a good cohesion between the players, the team spirit and work ethic just dissipates because they're playing with different players each week. Our successes have come from playing the same 11 (unless there are injuries) and them all wanting to work for each other and knowing how each other plays. Chopping and changing the team was the problem with Rodgers and is fast becoming the problem with Adkins.

This. Although we have had several injuries to consider

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 07 Dec 2013 19:09

Royalee 6th in the table not even half way through the season having inherited a team devoid of confidence with 5 first team starters out injured for long periods of time. Yeah he's shit, sack him. :roll:

Did you see our wins against Yeovil, Forest and Charlton, the loss against Sheff Wed, The draw at Barsnley (where we were played off the park)
Take those gained points away and a more realistic picture emerges

Hardly inspiring, rather lucky in those games bar 15 minute spells here and there.

Are you happy with our level of performances?

I certainly am not

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Dec 2013 19:14

SHORT AND CURLY
Royalee 6th in the table not even half way through the season having inherited a team devoid of confidence with 5 first team starters out injured for long periods of time. Yeah he's shit, sack him. :roll:

Did you see our wins against Yeovil, Forest and Charlton, the loss against Sheff Wed, The draw at Barsnley (where we were played off the park)

Hardly inspiring, rather lucky in those games bar 15 minute spells here and there.

I certainly am not

Yep went to all but Forest and we were poor. I'm not happy with today's performance but when you've got half a first team starters out injured (and that's exactly what it is) then you can't expect to start playing like Barcelona. We played absolute toss under McDermott for much longer spells with a fully fit squad of players he'd put together.

The double standards of our fans is so ridiculous it's past laughable. We're 6th in the league with an injury list which would ruin must clubs' seasons - if anyone else bar QPR in the top 6 had the injuries we've got, they'd be struggling in the bottom half rather than sitting in a playoff spot.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 07 Dec 2013 19:16

Muddyfeet wrote: I wonder what he said to them at half time

Sit down and watch the DVD you seemed to have forgotten what we watched yesterday and the day before.

your're doing well lads passing is backwards and keeping possession,keep it up and don'y worry about shooting.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Dec 2013 19:17

Royalee Yep went to all but Forest and we were poor. I'm not happy with today's performance but when you've got half a first team starters out injured (and that's exactly what it is) then you can't expect to start playing like Barcelona. We played absolute toss under McDermott for much longer spells with a fully fit squad of players he'd put together.

The double standards of our fans is so ridiculous it's past laughable. We're 6th in the league with an injury list which would ruin must clubs' seasons - if anyone else bar QPR in the top 6 had the injuries we've got, they'd be struggling in the bottom half rather than sitting in a playoff spot.

Injuries might stop us beating the top teams.
But we're losing, drawing, and winning poorly against terrible teams, where even with 5 or 6 injuries we have a squad capable of comfortably winning.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Dec 2013 19:19

USA_Loyal_Royal the style and quality of football has been better than in recent years.

How many games have you been to this season ? none by the sound of it.
Trust me I have sat through all of them and the football is some of the worst I have seen from Reading in years.
Totally clueless, no movement, no fitness and some of the most bizarre team selections and substitutions you will ever see.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:22

Give him the season. I am scratching my head at times but really do not see any benefit in getting rid of him. No one else worth going for & I'm hoping we'll do our usual good post xmas run.

Injuries are a convenient excuse though.... In reality only Bridge, Morrison & Karacan are out in terms of 1st team players that might start. We ought to be able to compete without them.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Dec 2013 19:26

P!ssed Off
Royalee Yep went to all but Forest and we were poor. I'm not happy with today's performance but when you've got half a first team starters out injured (and that's exactly what it is) then you can't expect to start playing like Barcelona. We played absolute toss under McDermott for much longer spells with a fully fit squad of players he'd put together.

But we're losing, drawing, and winning poorly against terrible teams, where even with 5 or 6 injuries we have a squad capable of comfortably winning.

...and beating sides like Forest and Derby too. Football's not black and white, if it was then Sheffield Wednesday wouldn't beat Leicester and Stoke wouldn't beat Chelsea - absolute nonsense argument.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2013 19:31

ZacNaloen You missed "I think giving a manager just a single season is stupid and that we aren't doing that bad"

Seriously, Adkins has to work out why we aren't creating chances and we'll be fine.

+1

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 07 Dec 2013 19:32

Royalee
SHORT AND CURLY

I certainly am not

Yep went to all but Forest and we were poor. I'm not happy with today's performance but when you've got half a first team starters out injured (and that's exactly what it is) then you can't expect to start playing like Barcelona. We played absolute toss under McDermott for much longer spells with a fully fit squad of players he'd put together.

Spot on Royalee.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Dec 2013 19:33

Royalee
P!ssed Off

...and beating sides like Forest and Derby too. Football's not black and white, if it was then Sheffield Wednesday wouldn't beat Leicester and Stoke wouldn't beat Chelsea - absolute nonsense argument.

What's a oxf*rd nonsense argument is Stoke beat Chelsea so it's acceptable for Reading to be consistently shit against crap teams.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:35

Royalee
SHORT AND CURLY

I certainly am not

Aren't the only players injured Morro, Karacan & Bridge though? Would hardly say those 3 would 'ruin' our season.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 07 Dec 2013 19:38

Decent performance today I thought, against a strong Bournemouth team.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Dec 2013 19:39

We've lost to two teams in the entire bottom half of the league so not sure where 'consistently' comes from. Just checked Leicester's results they've lost to Charlton, Doncaster and Sheffield Wednesday so nice try. :lol:
Last edited by Royalee on 07 Dec 2013 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 07 Dec 2013 19:40

Simon's Church Decent performance today I thought, against a strong Bournemouth team.

Doubt you'll reel many in with that but hey you never know..

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 07 Dec 2013 19:41

Royalee We've lost to two teams in the entire bottom half of the league so not where 'consistently' comes from. Just checked Leicester's results they've lost to Charlton, Doncaster and Sheffield Wednesday so nice try. :lol:

Strangely enough I don't base my opinion of a match solely on W/D/L...

Bottom half teams we played poorly against:
Barnsley
Sheffield Wednesday
Yeovil
Charlton
Millwall
Bournemouth
Bolton
Blackburn

Bottom half teams we played well against:
Doncaster Rovers
Birmingham City

That's a ratio of 4:1. Fairly consistent.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 07 Dec 2013 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Dec 2013 19:42

Royalee

How's he doing these days?

He sticks with the same players at Liverpool and doesnt chop and change every week. :| I'm talking about when he was with us. Clearly. :|

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 07 Dec 2013 19:43

Out of interest, what do the number of HNA contributors represent as a % of our average gate ?

418 posts