Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Halford's Nose

169 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Forest Match Thread - Sponsored by Halford's Nose

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Jan 2014 17:53

genome Sounds like Alfie wants to go

byre bye then, sadly I doubt we will miss him.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Jan 2014 17:54

Royal Lady
Harpers So Solid Crew Most of todays team would not be playing if we had not got injuries, and they know that, they are not even reserve players in all honesty, and that does not help the team moral on the day.

Yeah like Kelly :roll:

First or second choice right back, what's your point? Never a left back though.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Jan 2014 17:54

Doolittle One point off the play-offs despite a whole team out injured.

Could be a turning point, that goal.....

A whole team without a keeper, majority of whom wouldn't be in starting XI. So injuries is a poor excuse. The centre back situation is all down to Spadkins. Starting the season with 3 CBs, 1 aged 22, 1 aged 24 and the back up who had previously been dropped by the manager is simply idiotic. All Spadkins fault. Frankly the FBs, midfield and strikers are good enough, but the situation we now find ourselves in was eminently foreseeable. We did nothing about it. Piss poor management.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Jan 2014 17:54

I think we would. Top goalscorer so far this season, 12 goals in the Premier League last season, not to be sniffed at

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 01 Jan 2014 17:55

strap
AirRaidSiren
strap
Nonsense! Forest were robbed!! Santa delivered a late present to us! Still, still unbeaten in 2014 as someone else has said. Cracks papered over until Saturday.

So, are you saying we haven't so many injuries?

Or are you saying that there wasnt any boos at full time, not long after we scored?

Or both?

We have injuries and we have boos. No fireworks were pissed on.
Forest should have won by 3 goals. The draw merely papers
Over the cracks. Not a difficult concept to grasp.

And it's not difficult to grasp that my beginning sentence was merely sarcasm.

It pissed on the fireworks of the boo boys after a shocking display, but we come away from the game with a point, considering Forest 'should of won by 3 goals'.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Jan 2014 17:57

genome I think we would. Top goalscorer so far this season, 12 goals in the Premier League last season, not to be sniffed at

Unless he would rather try his game elsewhere, therefore Mr A could have done the right thing by not playing him, and getting money for him in Jan, rather than risk injury, or god forbid, that he played and failed to score, and his value fell.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 01 Jan 2014 18:02

genome I think we would. Top goalscorer so far this season, 12 goals in the Premier League last season, not to be sniffed at

And also probably the ONLY player who appears unaffected by team morale.

We all know he cant play 90 minutes, but he can win points if managed properly. Selling him would be a sign of weakness IMHO.

We're at a low point if
(a) We want to say good riddance to ALF
(b) We ignore that we've just avoided losing four on the row by scoring in the 96th minute.

Things aint good.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 01 Jan 2014 18:02

Royal Lady
genome Text into BBC Berks says that we should've played Forster-Caskey today.

Not sure Brighton would've approved of that

Where do these utter numbskulls come from? :roll:

probably Lower Earley

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jan 2014 18:04

Harpers So Solid Crew
Royal Lady
Harpers So Solid Crew Most of todays team would not be playing if we had not got injuries, and they know that, they are not even reserve players in all honesty, and that does not help the team moral on the day.

Yeah like Kelly :roll:

First or second choice right back, what's your point? Never a left back though.

Well he scored today and further up you were bemoaning our full backs. :|

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 01 Jan 2014 18:06

Quote of the day from a absolute oxf*rd prick next to who has done nothing but boo and shout abuse at Reading players for 15 years: " They have no confidence".
WHY IS THAT THEN YOU STUPID FECKING RETARD !!
Im afraid i lost it with him, his grandad and his 15 year old wanna be gansta son.
Apologies if you were near there but if it wasnt for my own lad stopping me all three would by now be in A&E.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Jan 2014 18:07

When you say we abandoned Adkins type of play after 75 minutes, was that Adkins changing it do you think, or the players deciding to ignore his tactics? Did we have any fight in us? Any commitment?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 01 Jan 2014 18:15

AirRaidSiren Forest 'should of won by 3 goals'.

Exactly. It's that fact that's worrying us all as points will eventually reflect performances.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 18:18

Sorry that's bullsh1t that they should have won by 3. They missed one gilt edged chance for 2-0 but other than that very even game. For us to go 0-1 down was harsh as there was nothing between them at that point. And their goal wasn't even from open play.

And yes I did go.

Stop being so negative & get behind them. Nice for us get a late equaliser & hopefully we can kick on now. Blackman was great today & Gunter did well @ CB. Definitely some positives to take but I'm sure the moaners will still be out in force. :roll:
Last edited by MmmMonsterMunch on 01 Jan 2014 18:19, edited 2 times in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 01 Jan 2014 18:19

Man Friday
AirRaidSiren Forest 'should of won by 3 goals'.

Exactly. It's that fact that's worrying us all as points will eventually reflect performances.

We keep hearing "short term loss but long term gain."
The equaliser today was a short term gain but a lng term loss imo.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 01 Jan 2014 18:19

Rax That goal could be literally priceless come May - a point gained but two taken from a major play off rival.

Can Adkins sort this? I actually hope so - don't particularly like the man but he is Reading's manager and I do (despite my previous post) want the team to do well - I could just do without cliches and lack of goalmouth action.

Bravo, Mr Kelly, Bravo!

Don't kid yourself. We'll be looking over our shoulders come the end of March.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 01 Jan 2014 18:22

MmmMonsterMunch Sorry that's bullsh1t that they should have won by 3. They missed one gilt edged chance for 2-0 but other than that very even game. For us to go 0-1 down was harsh as there was nothing between them at that point. And their goal wasn't even from open play.

And yes I did go.

Stop being so negative & get behind them. Nice for us get a late equaliser & hopefully we can kick on now. Blackman was great today & Gunter did well @ CB. Definitely some positives to take but I'm sure the moaners will still be out in force. :roll:

Absolute madness. We had one shot in the first half. Forest were comfortably on top for 75 mins. Kevin Watson said after the game on BBCBERKS that it was "one of the most one sided games he'd seen in a long time, first 75 mins".

we were dreadful for 5/6ths of the match. Anyone that cannot admit this is an absolute liar.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 18:28

P!ssed Off
MmmMonsterMunch Sorry that's bullsh1t that they should have won by 3. They missed one gilt edged chance for 2-0 but other than that very even game. For us to go 0-1 down was harsh as there was nothing between them at that point. And their goal wasn't even from open play.

And yes I did go.

Absolute madness. We had one shot in the first half. Forest were comfortably on top for 75 mins. Kevin Watson said after the game on BBCBERKS that it was "one of the most one sided games he'd seen in a long time, first 75 mins".

Don't agree sorry - there was a rizla paper between the 2 teams first half. Neither had efforts on goal. They were better than us 2nd half & should have gone 0-2 up but Derbyshire fluffed his lines. Pleased for the players that they went for it in injury time & got an equaliser. To get a point against them was good they're on form & our makeshift back 4 & minimal bench options.

And if the players didn't back him we wouldn't have got that equaliser.

I'm not trying to dress it up - we weren't great but neither were they. And yet we've stopped the rot & got something which is a good sign. Onto the next one & see what January brings........

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Jan 2014 18:29

strap
Doolittle One point off the play-offs despite a whole team out injured.

Could be a turning point, that goal.....

A whole team without a keeper, majority of whom wouldn't be in starting XI. So injuries is a poor excuse. The centre back situation is all down to Spadkins. Starting the season with 3 CBs, 1 aged 22, 1 aged 24 and the back up who had previously been dropped by the manager is simply idiotic. All Spadkins fault. Frankly the FBs, midfield and strikers are good enough, but the situation we now find ourselves in was eminently foreseeable. We did nothing about it. Piss poor management.

Spadkins? Who replaced Strap with a 12 year old?

Coppell and McDermott both started* their promotion seasons with two senior centre backs, and neither added another in January.

*and it took several matches for McDermott to add Gorkss

Anyway, a point well earned. Our tactics after the subs were dubious- the diamond hasn't really looked good whenever we've used it this season, I don't see why we don't just stick Drenthe out wide- but ultimately it worked.

Ratings:
McCarthy 6.5- alright
Kelly 7- some minor mistakes, but he scored a goal
Gunter 7- proved me wrong and put in a good performance at centre back
Pearce 7- made a few good interventions and looked good on the ball
Cummings 6- very quiet
McCleary 5- poor, no involvement at all, didn't move into good positions, and I don't remember him threatening once.
Guthrie 7.5- one fantastic pass to Blackman, one good shot, and some good passing generally. Lucky not to be booked.
Williams 6- I'm not actually sure what he brings? Obviously he's better than Akpan, but he doesn't make himself available, he doesn't tackle well, he isn't creative, he isn't a goal threat. Hopefully Karacan or Leigertwood or even Baird get fit soon, otherwise give Tshibola or D'Ath a try.
Blackman 7.5 MOTM- probably his best game for us. Excellent control, looked threatening when he ran with the ball, and most likely to set up a goal, but his delivery was poor. Should start the next match.
Sharp 6- pretty quiet, though through not fault of his own. Good defensive work though.
Pogrebnyak 6.5- likewise, though his link up play was better. Lucky not to be booked in the first half, and hence lucky not to be sent off.

Subs:
Drenthe 6.5- looked lively when he first came on, playing on the right. Quieter in the middle. Good delivery for the goal.
Le Fondre 5- did he do anything?
Taylor- not on for very long, played in strange system. A few useful defensive contributions but nothing outstanding.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Jan 2014 18:32

Big Ern
Lacoste TBF our starting 11 is more than good enough to be picking up results

Dont let the clubs propaganda fool you.

Sorry, that is 12 first team players out...any team will struggle. Even the most avid critic of the management can see that is a huge disadvantage. With Brighton away up next, we need to move quickly I'm the transfer window ....but then again we are Reading so I have my doubts

Of those 12 how many would actually start though? Maybe 3?

Morrison
Roberts
Bridge

Hardly big game changers on what we have now, are they?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Jan 2014 18:33

How can you forget Karacan?

169 posts