What do you find most embarrassing about the club?

What do you find most embarrassing about the club? (Pick up to 3)

Kingsley and Queensley
9%
Goal Music
26%
Away Fans (In terms of numbers)
2%
Home Fans (In terms of numbers)
0%
The Atmosphere
16%
The fans view on the team
12%
Big Family Friendly Club
5%
Drummers
11%
The players and performances
3%
The Manager and backroom staff
1%
Fans who cover themselves in Reading FC Merchandise
3%
STAR
6%
Other (Please state)
5%

Total votes: 316
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What do you find most embarrassing about the club?

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2014 19:05

Republica anyone?

If I wanted to hear that 15 years on, I'd listen to bloody Absolute Radio anytime of the day :evil:

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 14 Jan 2014 19:19

Goal Music
Drummer/Band
Atmosphere

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 14 Jan 2014 19:21

Agent Balti Instead of the SAME music every home game too. So tired of hearing that bloody The Who track every time. THE WHO!! Target audience? Maybe at Elm Park.

Have been thinking the same thing for the last several home games. Same old crap compilation every bloody week. Change it, freshen it up, and pick something that we relate to or we might take to to come out to as well.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jan 2014 19:29

1871 not 1998
Agent Balti Instead of the SAME music every home game too. So tired of hearing that bloody The Who track every time. THE WHO!! Target audience? Maybe at Elm Park.

Have been thinking the same thing for the last several home games. Same old crap compilation every bloody week. Change it, freshen it up, and pick something that we relate to or we might take to to come out to as well.

I thought the Who track was a real change, for ages we've been bombarded with absolutley unlistenable bass heavy non tunes with no lyrics. Nice to have some proper music. Not sure how they can chose stuff that everyone in the ground can 'relate' to, or why that is necessary. I'd imagine if they did we'd be looking at something quite bizarre given that our crowd is very child heavy. What do today's 10 year old's listen to ? I'd be happy if they installed a good old fashioned DJ who just picked some decent records each week without trying to be clever of fashionable. I would ban anything from the last 20 years though as it's all rubbish.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 14 Jan 2014 19:32

AthleticoSpizz Republica anyone?

If I wanted to hear that 15 years on, I'd listen to bloody Absolute Radio anytime of the day :evil:

Sunderland still do Republica (Ready To Go) don't they? Hmmmmm Saffron :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2014 19:38

So do we before the game.

Saffron...local lass weren't she?

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 14 Jan 2014 20:12

Seriously though, its all so, so subjective isn't it, take the riff from Spirit In The Sky as an example, I've heard rock, punk and blues bands bring the house down with their own arrangements of this number, with heavy bass, big drums and fuzzy distorted guitar sounds, played with attitude.

If ZZ Top were to have been first up with it, they would have really made it rock. However almost whoever does it, even those bands with serious attitude, directly the lyric begins, the hard edge of the bass, drums and guitar riff is made to sound neutral and poppy by the lyric.

Anthemic numbers are by definition enduring and commonplace, I guess that's how they become anthemic, we all have pet hate tunes and my own is Hi Ho Silver Lining, always dreaded a party asking the band to play it for them, but whenever it was played the entire audience would be up, dancing and joining in with the chorus and we never played it with enthusiasm!

Who knows what 'magic' makes the difference?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 15 Jan 2014 10:41

Embarrassing:

1. What they have the cheek to serve as 'beer' in the concourse (for silly money too!) :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. Goal Music :evil: :evil:

3. "Be loud, be proud, and Back the Boys and make some noise" :evil:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 15 Jan 2014 10:59

1871 not 1998

Getting into the seats pre-match is tedious. Now I stay in the Jazz Cafe until 2.57 to avoid having DJ Donut & MC Cringe offending my ears.

Someone needs to hack the tannoy system and replace the bullshit they play with the shipping forecast played through a broken FX unit, randomly punctuated by static white noise and off-key piano stabs. Ahhhhhhh, much better...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 15 Jan 2014 12:38

Cureton's Volley
1871 not 1998

Getting into the seats pre-match is tedious. Now I stay in the Jazz Cafe until 2.57 to avoid having DJ Donut & MC Cringe offending my ears.

Someone needs to hack the tannoy system and replace the bullshit they play with the shipping forecast played through a broken FX unit, randomly punctuated by static white noise and off-key piano stabs. Ahhhhhhh, much better...

Agreed.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Jan 2014 14:49

I don't really care about all this nonsense. But the facebook feed is one of the most cringeworthy, retarded, window-licking things that pollutes my life. It has its uses so stays up but do I really care that A Fed did really well against Ronaldo and why is it remotely relevant? No, it's not. Fuck off.

And the people on it? Jesus. 90 per cent of the comments are so oxf*rd dim. I'd literally take the vast majority of people that have ever posted a comment on that place, line them up and shoot them like cattle.

So, yeah, maybe I do care a bit. :|

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 18 Jan 2014 05:51

under the tin
Man Friday Useless, unoriginal, tedious, childish, boring, boorish, idiotic chants to the same over-used tune.

Stand up if you're 1-0 up.

How useless are you, we're winning away? (or something like that)

Get me out of this sh1thole (ditto)

Your support is feckin sh1t

Sh1t on the floor

Just boring, boring, boring

And it will always be that way until we, the fans, adopt a song to make uniquely ours.

It doesn't have to be good, it doesn't have to be contemporary, nor anything other than catchy with a fairly easy to remember chorus.

Glad all over = Palace
On the ball, City = Norwich
Blue Moon = Citeh
Blarmy = Reading

Imagine an away cup fixture and a packed away end at the County Ground singing a song that the locals hate to hear and boo throughout, just because it is Reading's song.
The solution really is in our own hands. With the growth of social media these days, it is not difficult to produce a proper shortlist of candidate songs, settle on a choice, this goes viral amongst the social grouping, a pre- arranged "chior practice" just prior to kick off at a selected match. There you go.

Bill Oddie Bill Oddie
Rub your beard all over my body- repeat

Whatever happened to sweet Caroline as well?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Jan 2014 10:23

Other
Football fans in general who moan about how football isn't like it used to be. Don't go then.

littlejohnnyoster

by littlejohnnyoster » 18 Jan 2014 10:39

big green Waitrose letters decorating the stadium

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 18 Jan 2014 17:44

littlejohnnyoster big green Waitrose letters decorating the stadium

Sorry Chav... Next year we'll get sponsored by Lidl , just to make YOU happy eh? or Iceland, perhaps :D :D :wink: :roll: :mrgreen: :|

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Jan 2014 17:52

littlejohnnyoster big green Waitrose letters decorating the stadium

What a stupid thing to get worked up about

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 18 Jan 2014 18:11

grey_squirrel
AthleticoSpizz Republica anyone?

Sunderland still do Republica (Ready To Go) don't they? Hmmmmm Saffron :D

She was drop dead gorgeous

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 18 Jan 2014 18:37

The only thing to spoil today...STILL playing f/cking Teenage Wasteland. Horrific.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Jan 2014 18:42

Agent Balti The only thing to spoil today...STILL playing f/cking Teenage Wasteland. Horrific.

Baba O'Reilly was pretty awesome though....

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Jan 2014 20:51

I enjoyed the way that the big screen had had enough of the god-awful pre-match video we have this year and just gave up half way through.

The content is fine, but the music is awful and the video editing choices just baffle me. What the hell's that bit when it fast forwards all about? Got bored of editing? Too much content? Last year's was infinitely better.