Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Emmer Green Royal

Re: Buyout

by Emmer Green Royal » 02 Feb 2014 12:43

[quote="chippc"]Have heard a rumour that Madejski is in talks to regain control of the club. Don't know where the money would come from though. Maybe he has some partners lined up.[/quote]

Could be interesting. What is your source?

chippc

by chippc » 02 Feb 2014 13:05

Never reveal your sources!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Feb 2014 16:21

Royal Rother
Royal Lady
Royal Rother
Poor guy? Well, he's not been treated particularly well but 4 years ago he was an ex-professional footballer who never quite made it at the highest level, in a coaching / scouting job where I'd imagine he would command a max of £60k pa.... Now looks like shortly he could have received 2 £m payouts for perceived failure in management in the space of 18 months.

Fcuking decent turnaround if you ask me!

He played for Arsenal - hardly not the "highest level" :roll:

Trust you to pick on one insignificant element of a post and completely ignore the point being made.

And be completely wrong about that as well.

"Rolling Sodding Eyes" at you too.

I don't really take any notice of people who reckon they know it all but don't even go to games. But on this occasion, I'm pretty sure that McD would rather still be managing Reading (or Leeds) rather than having pocketed a couple of million pounds. He's never struck me as a bloke who cares much about the money - he just loves his job. And yes he was previously a scout/coach but I think playing for Arsenal is pretty much making it at the highest level. And is he going to look much of a prospect to prospective clubs if he's been sacked twice in a short period of time? Both times, imo, unfairly.

JIM

by JIM » 02 Feb 2014 17:06

tmesis
JIM Thanks so the yanks omanies chinese are just a figment of some ones imagination,and all the information of take over is as usual crap

err, the transfer window is for players, not clubs.

W.T.F

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Feb 2014 17:20

Royal Lady
Royal Rother
Poor guy? Well, he's not been treated particularly well but 4 years ago he was an ex-professional footballer who never quite made it at the highest level, in a coaching / scouting job where I'd imagine he would command a max of £60k pa.... Now looks like shortly he could have received 2 £m payouts for perceived failure in management in the space of 18 months.

Fcuking decent turnaround if you ask me!

I don't really take any notice of people who reckon they know it all but don't even go to games. But on this occasion, I'm pretty sure that McD would rather still be managing Reading (or Leeds) rather than having pocketed a couple of million pounds. He's never struck me as a bloke who cares much about the money - he just loves his job. And yes he was previously a scout/coach but I think playing for Arsenal is pretty much making it at the highest level. And is he going to look much of a prospect to prospective clubs if he's been sacked twice in a short period of time? Both times, imo, unfairly.

You're missing the point again, unsurprisingly. What he'd prefer is irrelevant. The point you keep missing is that he's hardly a poor guy down on his luck.

He's gone from being an obscure football person with a failed managerial career to an in demand manager, who's probably earned millions in the last two years. Nice guy, but boo-fucking-hoo that he's got sacked twice in twelve months, that's part and parcel of football these days and he knows it. He's still come out of it rather nicely and will probably still get another decent job in short order, even if he doesn't stay at Leeds much longer.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Feb 2014 17:38

I didn't say he was a "poor guy" and I agree he isn't - I was questioning RR's comment that he hadn't made it at the highest level as a footballer. :|

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Feb 2014 18:53

Royal Lady
Royal Rother
Royal Lady He played for Arsenal - hardly not the "highest level" :roll:

Trust you to pick on one insignificant element of a post and completely ignore the point being made.

And be completely wrong about that as well.

"Rolling Sodding Eyes" at you too.

Yep, as usual, big fcuking yawn.

Tbh I'm bored stupid with your dull as shit responses to frankly everything and everyone.

But just for you, in VERY simple terms - BM got to the highest level, played 60 times in 5 years then moved down the leagues because he couldn't quite make it there. I don't think the number of games I go to (none) has much bearing on that inescapable truth, one which you are just too damned daft / blind to acknowledge.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 02 Feb 2014 19:07

can we leave the non buyout stuff to other threads or PM's if necessary

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Feb 2014 19:39

power post and a +1

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Feb 2014 19:40

Good use of "non buyout"

jellytot

by jellytot » 02 Feb 2014 22:24

multisync1830 can we leave the non buyout stuff to other threads or PM's if necessary

+1 back on the topic of the possible takeover of rfc please.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 03 Feb 2014 10:10

I'd be very surprised to see any buyout completed before the end of the season.

At the end of the season all parties can see which division Reading FC will be playing in and so have a better idea as to the potential revenues and income, and also both the outgoings that they will be committed to (eg: player bonuses etc), any likely player exits and the size of the investment in playing staff required whether for a promotion push or to try and survive in the Premier league.

In some respects - and I know many will howl with anger at this heretical suggestion - it would be better if we DIDN'T get promotion this season; if we were to, AZ might suddenly get interested again, or else will massively hike up the asking price for his 51%. Far better for us to stay down, allow a new owner with (hopefully) some long term vision and a strategy to achieve it to buy out our absentee and disinterested majority shareholder at a reasonable price (thus hopefully have a bit more money to invest in the team), and so we can move on.

That having been said, as we don't know the push/pull pressures on the sellers/buyers,(eg: cash flow or investment only available in a specific time window) it might just be that all parties want a quick resolution, but I'd be surprised if it were to happen before June/July.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Feb 2014 11:02

In terms of general footballing joy, getting promoted we would all love. But this season is really not the one to do it in. I agree that having to get new owners in, formulate the plan ahead, trim the squad, improve the squad etc, all in time for a new season in a higher division would be pretty much be disastrous, almost certainly in my opinion. Far too much, too soon.

Another season in the Championship won't do us any harm, and we'll be in a much better position 'off the field'. But of course, if promotion (via the play-offs most likely) won't be sniffed at.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Feb 2014 11:07

I'd agree with the idea of promotion now being a bit too soon.

The biggest negative to staying down would be, IMO, that we'd almost certainly lose McCarthy.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Feb 2014 11:17

Hoop Blah I'd agree with the idea of promotion now being a bit too soon.

The biggest negative to staying down would be, IMO, that we'd almost certainly lose McCarthy.

...ALF, Pog, Obita, McCleary, etc.

Plus teams coming down get more money a season than us, stronger teams around us, teams such as Watford that can regroup, Leeds if the Italian comes in and puts his money in with the italians/french he had lined up, the teams that miss out on promotion this year. It gets harder year upon year.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Feb 2014 11:18

Is there ever a bad time to pocket £70-million or whatever it is?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 03 Feb 2014 11:25

Norfolk Royal Is there ever a bad time to pocket £70-million or whatever it is?

Depends on who is pocketing it........

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Feb 2014 11:29

Nope and Palace are showing what can be done by a fairly ordinary team that are well organised in a generally toilet division.

This current Reading team would struggle like mad but if you added just 2 or 3 real difference makers (that the manager actually wants...) then you've always got a chance.

Had we not had some dire luck, poor signings and some maddening behind the scenes disputes who knows what could have happened last year.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Feb 2014 11:39

Mr Angry

Depends on who is pocketing it........

The assumption would have to be that the club would benefit in some way as the onus would be on the new owners to invest to a level where we might reasonably be expected to get the same cash handout the next year by staying in the Premier League. It doesn't always work out like that admittedly.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Feb 2014 11:46

It's all very well saying it's not right for the club to go up this season. Out players and their admirers will feel very differently.

Failing to get promotion this season could see us lose the players which gave us any chance at all.

LOL @ the idea promotion is just something you can choose when to do at your leisure.

8684 posts