Re: RUMOUR: Sean Morrison to Cardiff

by Geekins » 14 Aug 2014 15:52

She's in the know!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Aug 2014 16:03

Winston Smith I won't believe it until Becky Collins confirms it

I won't believe it until Dave-Royal confirms Becky Collins confirms it.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Sean Morrison

by maffff » 14 Aug 2014 16:03

Haven't seen any fees anywhere except "substantial 7 figure sum"

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Aug 2014 16:10

Surely for us to sell to a divisional rival the offer would have to be 'substantial' and there'd have to be a plan B

unless the Thai's have vanished already

fwiw I don't think the Pearce/Morrison partnership is what we want long term. They both do a job but they shouldn't be doing that job next to each other.

i really hope there's someone other than Hector and Ferdinand w8ing in the wings

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 14 Aug 2014 16:10

Adkins sounds pissed off. To speak so openly to Charles Watts about it doesn't make it very easy for Morrison to remain here.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-star-sean-morrison-7616088

JakeTheRoyal

by JakeTheRoyal » 14 Aug 2014 16:11

It's a shame but, but he can do one now, before Saturday to save us all the trouble

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 14 Aug 2014 16:15

anyone remember what happened last time we sold our captain cb to a club who had "better" prospects of gaining promotion for a ridiculous fee? we went up, they stayed down. :D

lets hope history repeats itself!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Aug 2014 16:24

Isaac Hunt Adkins sounds pissed off. To speak so openly to Charles Watts about it doesn't make it very easy for Morrison to remain here.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-star-sean-morrison-7616088

Can't blame him. Put his faith in Morrison since he arrived, has kept faith with him through injury and poor form, and as soon as the money comes calling he asks to leave. Really doesn't help things, especially when you consider the difficulties we've faced already this summer. I'm sure Nige was at least working on the basis that the likes of Morro would be happy to guide the younger players through, and has spent all pre season building a spirit in the squad to allow us to compete. In one morning that's been thrown out the window and trampled on.

Money talks and all that, but just when things were looking up and there was a sense around the place of something quite special building this goes and happens. I'd be furious if I was NA, and the fact that the club no longer needs to sell will make it hurt even more.

From my point of view though, I think he's an exceptionally average defender and if we get more than a million for him then it's fantastic business.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 14 Aug 2014 16:32

winchester_royal
Isaac Hunt Adkins sounds pissed off. To speak so openly to Charles Watts about it doesn't make it very easy for Morrison to remain here.

Can't blame him. Put his faith in Morrison since he arrived, has kept faith with him through injury and poor form, and as soon as the money comes calling he asks to leave. Really doesn't help things, especially when you consider the difficulties we've faced already this summer. I'm sure Nige was at least working on the basis that the likes of Morro would be happy to guide the younger players through, and has spent all pre season building a spirit in the squad to allow us to compete. In one morning that's been thrown out the window and trampled on.

Money talks and all that, but just when things were looking up and there was a sense around the place of something quite special building this goes and happens. I'd be furious if I was NA, and the fact that the club no longer needs to sell will make it hurt even more.

From my point of view though, I think he's an exceptionally average defender and if we get more than a million for him then it's fantastic business.

if it is for 4m as the paper says we should be able to bring in an experienced defender who is just as good or better, and bring in a possible LB, or midfielder. (hopefully the attacking midfielder from nice!)

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 14 Aug 2014 16:35

winchester_royal

Yep, agree with all of that

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Aug 2014 16:39

winchester_royal

Can't blame him. Put his faith in Morrison since he arrived, has kept faith with him through injury and poor form, and as soon as the money comes calling he asks to leave.

That's football/life though.

Footballers and football clubs use each other as stepping stones. If a better player had come along with a more appealing wage who could take us to the next level, we would have dropped Morrison in an instant.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 14 Aug 2014 16:44

As far as im concerned he can now go fuk himself the twat!
If he isnt 100% a Royal then do one....go piss down chip alley in Cardiff.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Aug 2014 16:45

USA_Loyal_Royal if it is for 4m as the paper says we should be able to bring in an experienced defender who is just as good or better, and bring in a possible LB, or midfielder. (hopefully the attacking midfielder from nice!)

Which paper? Link.

At actual value I'd say Morro is probably worth about £700k-£1m (but more with potential). Can see this maybe being up to twice that, but no way £4m. Surely?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 14 Aug 2014 16:47

How has Morrison gone from Swindon youngster to our potentially 4M man, in... How many games? He's hardly made that spot his own. I cannot understand why all this fuss, or his ability to have that attitude!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Aug 2014 16:47

Winston Smith
winchester_royal

Can't blame him. Put his faith in Morrison since he arrived, has kept faith with him through injury and poor form, and as soon as the money comes calling he asks to leave.

That's football/life though.

Footballers and football clubs use each other as stepping stones. If a better player had come along with a more appealing wage who could take us to the next level, we would have dropped Morrison in an instant.

Of course, and I'd be a lot more understanding of it if there was a premiership team bidding for him. Cardiff are no bigger a club than Reading though, and tbh I don't think they'll be near the top come May. It's all about the money, and that will leave a sour taste.

Probably wouldn't do it any different in his position tbf, but you can see why NA is a little disappointed in him.

Couldn't give a toss personally. Hopefully we'll move Hector back there for Saturday and play a genuine midfielder in the middle.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 14 Aug 2014 16:51

maffff
USA_Loyal_Royal if it is for 4m as the paper says we should be able to bring in an experienced defender who is just as good or better, and bring in a possible LB, or midfielder. (hopefully the attacking midfielder from nice!)

Which paper? Link.

At actual value I'd say Morro is probably worth about £700k-£1m (but more with potential). Can see this maybe being up to twice that, but no way £4m. Surely?

im looking for the article, give me a few minutes. i could be wrong though but i saw 4m somewhere i could have swore.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2014 16:52

As ever we forget that players play for whoever offers them the best deal. They are 'mercenaries' and that's not intended as a slur, just a fact.
At the moment we may have a few players who see RFC as 'their' club but it won't last. Why should Morrison care - he's got no link to the town or club except that we paid Swindon to let him come here.
I bet Orient fans would rip Jobi apart if he told them he cared more for us than them and I doubt Gylfi's interviews at Swansea included tales of his time at Hogwood

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 16:53

When did Morro knock on Adkins' door? After Adkins publicly blamed him for a mistake in a recent game perchance? Don't blame him for wanting to speak to Cardiff after finding out about their interest, in that case.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 16:54

loyalroyaldaz As far as im concerned he can now go fuk himself the twat!
If he isnt 100% a Royal then do one....go piss down chip alley in Cardiff.

:shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 16:55

As I just asked on the team board, perhaps it depends when he knocked on Adkins' door asking to speak to Cardiff - if it was after Adkins blamed him the other day, perhaps, having learned of Cardiff's interest he felt his position here was untenable....

597 posts