Who Goes? McCarthy. Confimred.

299 posts
USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who Goes Federici or McCarthy??

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 26 Aug 2014 19:38

Unbelievable Jeff SSN reporting £2m bid from QPR, sounds more realistic.

2m for a young, talented, and extremely promising keeper who has pl experience is an absolute steal for qpr. didnt buckland go for like 6m and he had less experience and talent than AM!

lets hope its higher and we have a decent sell on clause or else this would be bad business for us...i thought we didnt need to sell players anymore.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Aug 2014 19:43

What happened to the last keeper we sold to Redknapp who was tipped by the HNA? 'experts' to be England number 1?

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 26 Aug 2014 20:26

USA_Loyal_Royal

2m for a young, talented, and extremely promising keeper who has pl experience is an absolute steal for qpr. didnt buckland go for like 6m and he had less experience and talent than AM!

lets hope its higher and we have a decent sell on clause or else this would be bad business for us...i thought we didnt need to sell players anymore.

I'm positive there will be a sell on clause, but I think £2m is about right possibly a tad on the low side. If we sold him this time last year I would be saying £5m > but I don't think he really covered himself in glory last season.

that being said, it can only really be a win-win situation for QPR, he goes onto the be the future England no 1 or they sell him in 2 or 3 years time for about the same price.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Aug 2014 20:43

USA_Loyal_Royal

He went for £3.5m and was about 4 years younger than McCarthy is now and seen as the more precociously talented as opposed to the slow burner rise of McCarthy (who never really established himself in any of the England age group teams either).

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Aug 2014 20:53

Unbelievable Jeff
USA_Loyal_Royal

I'm positive there will be a sell on clause, but I think £2m is about right possibly a tad on the low side. If we sold him this time last year I would be saying £5m > but I don't think he really covered himself in glory last season.

that being said, it can only really be a win-win situation for QPR, he goes onto the be the future England no 1 or they sell him in 2 or 3 years time for about the same price.

£2m?? Hammond needs to step up and negotiate that fee if true

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 26 Aug 2014 21:44

Dellor said earlier that not many people talk about Feds distribution!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Aug 2014 22:28

I'm just disappointed by the clubs lack of ability to retain players. Morro and McCarthy certainly improve our squad and it seems like little will be done to replace these two (as with ALF) I'm not a radical who wants to see the club burn for letting players go that is the nature of the game but I would certainly prefer us to put up more of a fight to hold on to a squad through an Oxf*rd window.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 26 Aug 2014 22:38

NewCorkSeth I'm just disappointed by the clubs lack of ability to retain players. Morro and McCarthy certainly improve our squad and it seems like little will be done to replace these two (as with ALF) I'm not a radical who wants to see the club burn for letting players go that is the nature of the game but I would certainly prefer us to put up more of a fight to hold on to a squad through an Oxf*rd window.

Money doesn't grow on trees. IMO Morro, McCarthy and Alf are not major losses considering that they didn't really go on to cheap if rumours are to be believed.

The club needs money to function and if that £4m for Morro helps to keep us secure for a while longer then I'd rather that than keep hold of an average at best defender. Hopefully though, the club will reinvest some of it and if they do then I will be more than happy with the business in this window.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 26 Aug 2014 22:41

£2m is a fcuking disgrace. I'd rather keep him for another season & let him go on a free.

Anything less than £5m is taking the p1ss.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Aug 2014 22:46

NewCorkSeth I'm just disappointed by the clubs lack of ability to retain players. Morro and McCarthy certainly improve our squad and it seems like little will be done to replace these two (as with ALF) I'm not a radical who wants to see the club burn for letting players go that is the nature of the game but I would certainly prefer us to put up more of a fight to hold on to a squad through an Oxf*rd window.

TBF people have been saying we couldn't sustain keeping both McCarthy and Federici and in fact didn't need both of them, from the second we got relegated. Andersen is perfectly adequate back up unless he's seriously failed to live up to expectations.

Morrison we got top dollar for and he was never an integral part of the side before anyway. I'm disappointed we lost ALF, but the circumstances were somewhat different at the time.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 26 Aug 2014 22:55

MmmMonsterMunch £2m is a fcuking disgrace. I'd rather keep him for another season & let him go on a free.

Anything less than £5m is taking the p1ss.

:lol: lol, good one...

Oh wait, you're serious :?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Aug 2014 23:03

Farewell sweet prince :(

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 26 Aug 2014 23:04

So just because we think he's that good we should demand over 2 million! Rofl! Some right idiots on here... He's going as number 2, 10 months left on his contract.... It's our own fault as we should of tied him down before now

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 26 Aug 2014 23:24

sandman What happened to the last keeper we sold to Redknapp who was tipped by the HNA? 'experts' to be England number 1?

OK I'll bite - who was that then?? The only keeper I can think of we sold for a 7 figure sum was Shaka - and that was £1.575M, to Keegan wasn't it??

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Aug 2014 23:45

Not too bothered, Fedders is a better goalscorer than McCarthy....

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 27 Aug 2014 03:53

strap
sandman What happened to the last keeper we sold to Redknapp who was tipped by the HNA? 'experts' to be England number 1?

OK I'll bite - who was that then?? The only keeper I can think of we sold for a 7 figure sum was Shaka - and that was £1.575M, to Keegan wasn't it??

That would be Ashdown. Where is he now?

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 27 Aug 2014 06:39

2.8 lita injection Goodbye Alex, reckon you will develop into a top keeper sometime soon. :(

QPR not a good fit though.

He'll get lots of practice.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 27 Aug 2014 06:49

Fraser Foster £10M, Craig Gordon £9M. Are these two 5 times better than McCarthy???? I don't think so......
Young, English makes it start at £5M...

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 27 Aug 2014 07:01

£2m for a player who's openly been relegated to second choice and has less than a year left on his contract isn't the worst bit of business tbh.

He's hardly come out in the press recently speaking of his great desire to remain at the club, so it makes sense to cash in and probably get a decent sell-on clause as well out of the deal.

Sad to see him go but we've got some fantastic goalkeepers at the club and if (a big if....) the money goes to strengthening the rest of the side I'm all for it.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 27 Aug 2014 08:35

percy_freeman Fraser Foster £10M, Craig Gordon £9M. Are these two 5 times better than McCarthy???? I don't think so......
Young, English makes it start at £5M...

having 10 months left on his contract makes him 2 million

299 posts