Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by maffff » 05 Sep 2014 09:08

I imagine Samuelson signed off on it, but a lot of the ongoing work on the deals would have involved a few people. Tomo definitely had input, whether he initiated it or not I don't know, but that's the impression Tomo gives.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Sep 2014 09:10

maffff He quit the club. Was a community adviser set up the Galatasaray and Marussia deals. He helped the takeover, finding new possible owners. Burman was a personal friend of his for instance, when the Thais got involved he helped with their bid and them getting exclusivity. I guess he feels with the takeover he's lost money. Not the best way to deal with it being so public if you're taking legal recourse.

He was very close with Samuelson and seems sceptical about the Thais since their initial involvement, especially Omar Hassanieh.

Sounds like he got mugged off a little, and with no legal case he's trying to create a bit of noise to scare the club/Thais into paying him off.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Sep 2014 09:18

Possibly. The stuff I heard about the other week came from him. Hence why I was hesitant to post anything in case it were just that.

If your employer didn't pay you for 10months worth of work when you've been working as a consultant but heavily influential in the running and security of the club I guess you wouldn't be too happy either.

Hopefully the stuff he's posted won't affect his case. It's true he's owed that then fair enough. He needs to be careful he doesn't veer into being able to be done for defamation. Wasn't clever posting everyones email details, too.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 05 Sep 2014 09:59

His e-mail to club officials and the Thai's is on twitter, his tweets are protected but others are retweeting the screenshots.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Sep 2014 12:01

maffff He quit the club. Was a community adviser set up the Galatasaray and Marussia deals. He helped the takeover, finding new possible owners. Burman was a personal friend of his for instance, when the Thais got involved he helped with their bid and them getting exclusivity. I guess he feels with the takeover he's lost money. Not the best way to deal with it being so public if you're taking legal recourse.

He was very close with Samuelson and seems sceptical about the Thais since their initial involvement, especially Omar Hassanieh.

Royal Biscuitman His e-mail to club officials and the Thai's is on twitter, his tweets are protected but others are retweeting the screenshots.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 05 Sep 2014 12:10

I'm surprised to see people involved in big business takeovers using Hotmail and Gmail, Can they not afford their own domain name?

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 05 Sep 2014 13:27

SPARTA

Royal Biscuitman His e-mail to club officials and the Thai's is on twitter, his tweets are protected but others are retweeting the screenshots.

I very much doubt he's got the financial clout required to get this into any type serious legal action - if of course RFC are not planning on making some sort of out of court agreement.

Hilarious that he's putting it over social media.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 05 Sep 2014 15:19

El Diablo Hilarious that he's putting it over social media.
Would do his future career some harm.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Sep 2014 17:01

clearly aint got a leg to stand on, and so is trying to rattle them into caving

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Sep 2014 10:49

The rights and wrongs of this issue, and wether this bloke is owed money or not, is almost irrelevant; the fact that this situation has occurred at all is bad enough, but for it to go public in such an unprofessional manner is simply an embarrassment for Reading FC, and sadly symptomatic of what has gone wrong with our club over the last few years.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 06 Sep 2014 12:59

Mr Angry The rights and wrongs of this issue, and wether this bloke is owed money or not, is almost irrelevant; the fact that this situation has occurred at all is bad enough, but for it to go public in such an unprofessional manner is simply an embarrassment for Reading FC, and sadly symptomatic of what has gone wrong with our club over the last few years.

That's pushing it a bit. A bloke gets the hump and splarts it on social media is hardly an unknown scenario for any business.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 07 Sep 2014 10:34

Norfolk Royal
Mr Angry The rights and wrongs of this issue, and wether this bloke is owed money or not, is almost irrelevant; the fact that this situation has occurred at all is bad enough, but for it to go public in such an unprofessional manner is simply an embarrassment for Reading FC, and sadly symptomatic of what has gone wrong with our club over the last few years.

That's pushing it a bit. A bloke gets the hump and splarts it on social media is hardly an unknown scenario for any business.

Yeah, I don't think this is gonna affect Reading in any way. Slightly embarrassing, yes, but not really even an issue.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Sep 2014 15:23

Hypothetical question - had we not been promoted just 6 months after Anton first arrived on the scene, stayed in the champ didn't buy the likes of pog, didn't get parachute payments to waste on the likes of Drenthe wayne bridge etc and just carried on as we were a team in and around the top of the champ. Do you think Anton would still be here?

EPR2.0

by EPR2.0 » 07 Sep 2014 15:33

Royal Biscuitman I'm surprised to see people involved in big business takeovers using Hotmail and Gmail, Can they not afford their own domain name?

I think that's pretty normal practice in such proceedings, take overs and buy-outs by wealthy individuals are done through newly formed companies for perfectly legitimate reasons with no time or even point in setting up domain names / email etc. so it makes sense to communicate through generic, non-corporate email addresses.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 07 Sep 2014 20:23

Dave-Royal does any one no when deal done? still not confrimed

Confimred.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 07 Sep 2014 20:48

DefCon RIM

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 07 Sep 2014 20:58

Confer dim.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 07 Sep 2014 21:02

WoodleyRoyal Hypothetical question - had we not been promoted just 6 months after Anton first arrived on the scene, stayed in the champ didn't buy the likes of pog, didn't get parachute payments to waste on the likes of Drenthe wayne bridge etc and just carried on as we were a team in and around the top of the champ. Do you think Anton would still be here?

No - he couldn't afford the second part of the buyout transaction from SJM. But we wouldn't have been so far in the financial poo. I expect he'd still have wasted money on over priced championship players

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 08 Sep 2014 10:03

EPR2.0
Royal Biscuitman I'm surprised to see people involved in big business takeovers using Hotmail and Gmail, Can they not afford their own domain name?

I think that's pretty normal practice in such proceedings, take overs and buy-outs by wealthy individuals are done through newly formed companies for perfectly legitimate reasons with no time or even point in setting up domain names / email etc. so it makes sense to communicate through generic, non-corporate email addresses.

It looks a bit amateurish to me, particularly when trying to make a good impression.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Sep 2014 13:42

Well someone has a sense of humour - or maybe they know something that we don't know about how JM found our new owners:

The advert at the bottom of HNA's home page is for thaimatches.com - 'chat free with New Thai Ladies'

8684 posts