Wolves (H) Match Thread

123 posts
USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Wolves (H) Match Thread

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Sep 2014 15:25

most of our lot in the prediction thread would have taken a draw, and were expecting it tbh so this is a good result. wolves are absolutely going to fight for promotion this year, their squad is solid so a decent result. yes we were up initially but we came from behind 2 times so that is a good result.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Sep 2014 15:26

Am I dreaming, did Blackman actually shoot there? Fuc k off

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Sep 2014 15:28

Adkins is bizarrely shiny,

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 28 Sep 2014 15:28

Royal Ginger Adkins is bizarrely shiny,

And full of shit

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Sep 2014 15:28

USA_Loyal_Royal most of our lot in the prediction thread would have taken a draw, and were expecting it tbh so this is a good result. wolves are absolutely going to fight for promotion this year, their squad is solid so a decent result. yes we were up initially but we came from behind 2 times so that is a good result.

I could accept this if it wasn't bad managerial decisions that almost certainly fukced us.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 28 Sep 2014 15:30

Don't think Blackman deserves any of the negative comments. He played a big part in our third goal and if Murray and Obits had been more composed could have assisted another. Yes, that free kick was crap but he hit a decent one from similar range last week, so it's not exactly criminal.

Guthrie and Norwood isn't going to work, which means Guthrie's days are probably numbered. With Mccleary, Karacan and Williams back that's going to be an excellent midfield.

Defensively very suspect. Hector did his best Sean Morison impression, running underneath long balls, and Pearce looked Shit scared every time he was forced to chase the ball.

Extremely entertaining match, though, and delighted we bagged the equaliser at the end.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Sep 2014 15:31

Adkins Southampton side (That Pardew built for him and were quite solid under him) weren't exactly water tight either.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Sep 2014 15:31

Lacoste
USA_Loyal_Royal most of our lot in the prediction thread would have taken a draw, and were expecting it tbh so this is a good result. wolves are absolutely going to fight for promotion this year, their squad is solid so a decent result. yes we were up initially but we came from behind 2 times so that is a good result.

I could accept this if it wasn't bad managerial decisions that almost certainly fukced us.

fair enough, i havent seen the game yet its going to come on tv in about 20 minutes as a replay. you may very well be right but id like to see for myself if adkins oxf*rd up.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 28 Sep 2014 15:32

JimmytheJim Don't think Blackman deserves any of the negative comments. He played a big part in our third goal.

Yeah he fell over and the ball broke free

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Sep 2014 15:32

Lacoste Adkins Southampton side (That Pardew built for him and were quite solid under him) weren't exactly water tight either.

we scored 3 against them during our promotion campaign! that was a brilliant match!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Sep 2014 15:43

Lacoste Adkins Southampton side (That Pardew built for him and were quite solid under him) weren't exactly water tight either.

This.

Didn't Pearce win player of the season when we won the Championship in 2012? He now looks consistently woeful, the weakest link in a team with several weak links.

Worryingly, NigeLOL has a former centre-half as his assistant but we still concede soft a sh*t goals week in week out. Perhaps he needs to rethink his back room staff. It is getting worse rather than better.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 28 Sep 2014 15:52

floyd__streete

This.

Didn't Pearce win player of the season when we won the Championship in 2012? He now looks consistently woeful, the weakest link in a team with several weak links.

Worryingly, NigeLOL has a former centre-half as his assistant but we still concede soft a sh*t goals week in week out. Perhaps he needs to rethink his back room staff. It is getting worse rather than better.

i thought NA was a former keeper...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2014 17:02

Wow there's some bitter and twisted mentals posting in this thread.

EVERYTHING IS AWFUL!! DOOM!! 1!!!

Morons.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Sep 2014 17:42

Floyd happy as ever I see. god this guy is a miserable c*nt

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Sep 2014 17:43

Just ignore Flloyd, it's al for effect as he has a comedy persona to maintain.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 28 Sep 2014 18:14

Ian Royal Wow there's some bitter and twisted mentals posting in this thread.

Morons.

+1

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 28 Sep 2014 18:23

Ouroboros
floyd__streete This has been utterly awful, if Wolves had scored five or six we could hardly complain.

We look a poorer side every time I see us.

:|

Wolves are third. They've conceeded 3 all season until today. How many could we have scored?

Well they were 5th after yesterday's results, but yea, from reading the comments in here you'd think that Wolves are well below us in the table. I thought score draw before the game, knew Henry would score, and scoring a last minute equaliser makes it a pretty good result imo. I've thought since before the season started that Wolves are going to be challenging for top 2 and whilst i'm not sure I see them going up i'd be surprised if they don't finish Top 6.

That said, not sure it feels pretty good atm, poor subs from Adkins and individual errors, Obita's in particular for the 2nd, make it seem like a game we should have won.

Don't really get the Blackman stick. Yes he was poor today but having seen him in the last 2 league games via streams he's impressed, especially in the Millwall game. If he'd taken the pen at Sheffield Wednesday then we may have won...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2014 20:21

Basically, but for some silly mistakes we more than matched a team who have been one of the best in the division so far.

Boo hoo.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Sep 2014 20:34

Ian Royal Wow there's some bitter and twisted mentals posting in this thread.

Morons.

Why the aggression Ian? Some very good, some very bad but I wouldn't get so het up at those who focus on the bad just because they want us to improve on some fairly obvious deficiencies that have been evident for a while now.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Sep 2014 12:27

windermere_royal Floyd happy as ever I see. god this guy is a miserable c*nt

Nameless Just ignore Flloyd, it's al for effect as he has a comedy persona to maintain.

:lol:

People here talking as if we secured a point against Mario Zagallo's 1970 Brazil, as opposed to a newly promoted side.

The passing is improving, but the tempo needs to improve with it. That will take time. Will also take further replacements in personnel; if Akpan can't pass the football by now then presumably he never will be able to. We don't have the same luxury of time where it comes to sorting out the various defensive abortions which punctuate our performances.

We could do with loaning Kuhl out, he's not nearly as good as many think he is at this moment in time. Let him get kicked for half a season in League 2 playing for Wycombe so that he can learn when to release the ball.....and perhaps learn not to believe the hype that has been built up around him.

123 posts