Back From Th Stream Blackburn

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back From Th Stream Blackburn

by leon » 02 Nov 2014 00:18

Royal Rother
AirRaidSiren
loyalroyal4life

Head and nail in that first sentence, our players DO NOT want to play for Adkins!!!

What a crock of shit.

I remember well HNA'ers/fans alike saying the same when we went through a bad patch with McDermott.

No need to panic. Far too much high expectations this season.

What a bunch of oxf*rd drama queens on this board

Indeed, it is truly stupendous at times. We were not going to get promoted this season anyway (and we won't get relegated either no matter what the doom-mongers might like to imagine), so (as I keep saying) disappointing though results have been the gains to be had from playing as many youngsters as we have will be seen in the next year or 2.

Indeed, I look forward to our push to the Div 2 championship.

Seriously RR do you think our current situation is acceptable? Have you not actually noticed a pattern of decline for the last 2 seasons?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 Nov 2014 00:43

Royal Rother We were not going to get promoted this season anyway (and we won't get relegated either no matter what the doom-mongers might like to imagine), .

I'd like to know why you believe that (that there's no chance of going down).

Our defence looks poor, and we have few ideas going forward.

We don't look organised, and there are no signs of improvement. If anything we seem to have got into a rut of accepting poor results.

It's possible that there are enough basket-case clubs in this division to form some kind of safety net, but I really can't see anything from watching this season to lead me to suspect were are really any better than the rest of the teams in the bottom third.

I still think we are more likely to stay up than go down, but this season is beginning to have a whiff of the Bullivant era about it.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Nov 2014 01:56

Posted quite a long response no idea why it hasn't appeared so il try again.

Surprisingly I have come away from yet another defeat feeling quite positive.

I felt we were unlucky to go 2-1 down - soft but silly foul in that position (haven't seen a replay so no idea if it was a foul or not) the free kick was pretty perfect no stopping that and again, like Bournemouth we lost confidence and conceded a third shortly afterwards. Said before the game I feel when we concede we are very like to concede another. Disappointing as we finished the first half very strong, got a deserved goal and seemed to start the second like we finished. Think someone have the ball away stupidly as well for them to counter.

One of our biggest problems currently is that we have no wingers. Blackman isn't a winger and not is Taylor. You can tell this not just attacking but defending as well. Feel Gunter and obita are constantly under a lot of pressure due to their in abilities to offer cover.

Another issue is we look semi threatening on a counter attack when we run with what pace we have, but as soon as the opposition get back we slow down and seem to look clueless as to what to do. It's exactly the same as when we have throw ins. We seem to have no movement and offer no options.

I want us to give Adkins some more time. I'd like to see his formation and tactics when some of our key players are back. If it's still not working after that and January then I think he should go but give him time till march/April

Last point that I can think of right now is the twat who broke a seat on purpose. I genuinely hope you get banned. You and your mates are embarrassing at every away game. The steward I was next to thought you were oxf*rd as well

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Nov 2014 09:10

There's an awful lot McLeary and Williams are going to have to do to turn us into a reasonably steady (at least) team. Anyone actually think that's going to happen without also some serious transfer activity, both in an out happening in January?

And with a manager who doesn't seem to inspire or have any idea tactically (sorry Nigel that's just the way it's coming across at the moment) as shown by chopping and changing the team about (except defensively) for the hell of it all the time and writing notes to players while they're playing.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 02 Nov 2014 09:45

That 3rd goal really was something..huh Pearce, were you meant to be marking someone rather than give them a free header 6 yards out? FFS get him out of the team

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Nov 2014 09:46

1. Royal Rother doesn't go to Reading games at all - but feels he is better placed to comment than many of us who do.
2. Why drop Cox and Mackie (last weeks MOM) when having done that previously also proved problematic. Does Adkins really think he has the quality and depth of players that he can really do that?
3. For the upteenth time, I shall ask again, why did we not use this emergency window to get in an experienced defender - I bet Ferdinand is laughing his socks off getting paid and not having kicked a ball for us. I doubt Adkins even wanted him, so why not bring in someone else, if only for the short term to steady the ship.
4. His choice of captain is extremely questionable.
5. When will we ever be introduced to our Thai Overlords?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Nov 2014 10:15

Royal Lady 1. Royal Rother doesn't go to Reading games at all - but feels he is better placed to comment than many of us who do.

That would explain why he talks out of his arse.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 02 Nov 2014 10:45

Royal Lady 1. Royal Rother doesn't go to Reading games at all - but feels he is better placed to comment than many of us who do.
2. Why drop Cox and Mackie (last weeks MOM) when having done that previously also proved problematic. Does Adkins really think he has the quality and depth of players that he can really do that?
3. For the upteenth time, I shall ask again, why did we not use this emergency window to get in an experienced defender - I bet Ferdinand is laughing his socks off getting paid and not having kicked a ball for us. I doubt Adkins even wanted him, so why not bring in someone else, if only for the short term to steady the ship.

Very astute comments, delivered calmly, if I may say.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 02 Nov 2014 11:09

Very good post

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Nov 2014 11:11

Royal Lady 2. Why drop Cox and Mackie (last weeks MOM) when having done that previously also proved problematic. Does Adkins really think he has the quality and depth of players that he can really do that?

Panic buys when our forward options were in essence zilch?

A left back. Releasing Obita to play further forward would make an enormous difference. Or alternatively 5 across the back then play with wing backs. How often have we had 3 fit or available central defenders this season.
Last edited by Lower West on 02 Nov 2014 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Nov 2014 11:17

Lower West
Royal Lady 2. Why drop Cox and Mackie (last weeks MOM) when having done that previously also proved problematic. Does Adkins really think he has the quality and depth of players that he can really do that?

Whether they were panic buys or not, I think "not" personally, there is no denying that both have added quality to the team and are better bets than Pog or HRK, for example.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Nov 2014 11:52

Royal Lady
Lower West

Whether they were panic buys or not, I think "not" personally, there is no denying that both have added quality to the team and are better bets than Pog or HRK, for example.

Neither offer anything defensively. Until there's a back bone to the team. We are going to ship goals. Playing to outscore the opposition is doomed to failure.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Nov 2014 12:07

leon

Not better placed at all really, except that I believe I am still in possession of a vaguely functioning brain which does give me an advantage over some on here.

But whether others consider my opinions are valid / invalid as a result matters not a jot to me.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Nov 2014 12:09

Royal Rother
leon

Not better placed at all really, except that I believe I am still in possession of a vaguely functioning brain which does give me an advantage over some on here.

But whether others consider my opinions are valid / invalid as a result matters not a jot to me.

thought that would flush you out :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Nov 2014 12:12

Ooof. You're playing me....? :D

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 02 Nov 2014 12:19

1. Play Obita in his proper position with Kelly at left back.

2. Sign a centre back on loan.

3.Get some protection in front of the defence. Ie. Jem.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 02 Nov 2014 12:44

Good post LWJ and good points from RL

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 02 Nov 2014 12:52

Basingstoke Royal 1. Play Obita in his proper position with Kelly at left back.

Don't play Kelly at LB......please don't.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Nov 2014 13:17

Baffled that Cox was dropped again. Has looked our best player in the games I've seen this season.

Anything less than 4 points from our next two games and I think it should be time for Nige to call it a day.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 02 Nov 2014 13:26

peterroyal76
Basingstoke Royal 1. Play Obita in his proper position with Kelly at left back.

Don't play Kelly at LB......please don't.

Sign a left back on loan then. Left back should have been top of the shopping list.

Obita is not a left back. He does ok defensively but will be much more valuable on the wing supplying more crosses into Murray.