The truth about Royston...

760 posts
peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: The truth about Royston...

by peterroyal76 » 04 Nov 2014 17:12

For me the goal Royston scored on Saturday proves how much he's wasted his talent.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 04 Nov 2014 17:22

If he carries on like that I can see them extending his loan to the end of the season. They might end up regretting that by February/March or something, but you never know what he could do.

BarrowBoyBouch

by BarrowBoyBouch » 04 Nov 2014 21:12

Dirty Drenthe.....Red Card......... :D

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 04 Nov 2014 23:52

Very controversial apparently. 2 soft yellow cards.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 05 Nov 2014 00:10

Went to watch Charlton V Wednesday.

I would say he's looking a bit bigger than when he was playing here..

Royson was unplayable for the first 35 minutes, constantly picking the ball beating four players and offering some quality. This would lead to a shot or decent cross. He managed to track back occasionally.

After this he barely had a kick and stopped tracking back. In my view, the Charlton equaliser came from him not tracking the full back who waltzed through to assist the scorer.

All in all a mixed back. If he could get fit, then what a player, but that was always been the question.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Nov 2014 10:36

I think we all agree that he is a massive talent. I think the problem is that he is quite possibly a massive shit-for-brains as well.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Nov 2014 12:27

urz13 Very controversial apparently. 2 soft yellow cards.

Nothing soft about the second one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgG1PsxE5aA

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Nov 2014 20:01

Extended-Phenotype I think we all agree that he is a massive talent. I think the problem is that he is definitely a massive shit-for-brains as well.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Nov 2014 19:47

Here's Royston's Porsche Cayenne, courtesy of you, the Reading fans

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 13 Nov 2014 20:07

savage 4 england Went to watch Charlton V Wednesday.

I would say he's looking a bit bigger than when he was playing here..

Royson was unplayable for the first 35 minutes, constantly picking the ball beating four players and offering some quality. This would lead to a shot or decent cross. He managed to track back occasionally.

After this he barely had a kick and stopped tracking back. In my view, the Charlton equaliser came from him not tracking the full back who waltzed through to assist the scorer.

All in all a mixed back. If he could get fit, then what a player, but that was always been the question.

If he was consistently fit we would have never got close to him in the first place. Hope he does enough to extend the loan and get at least a chunk of him off the wage bill

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Dec 2014 10:58

What's the view of the Owls so far?

Will they buy him?

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 11 Dec 2014 11:16

Uke What's the view of the Owls so far?

Will they buy him?

When he posts on Instagram he always seems to get a good number of comments from Owls fans with positive messages and asking him to stay, more than he ever got with us anyway

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 11 Dec 2014 11:51

GH Royal
Uke What's the view of the Owls so far?

Will they buy him?

When he posts on Instagram he always seems to get a good number of comments from Owls fans with positive messages and asking him to stay, more than he ever got with us anyway

I imagine we will let him go for free to get him off the wage bill but he'll probably want us to pay some or all of his contract up as I imagine Sheffield Weds will be more sensible with the wage structure than our former owner.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 11 Dec 2014 20:38

No Fixed Abode Here's Royston's Porsche Cayenne, courtesy of you, the Reading fans

It's not really though is it, as I'm pretty sure it's the one he brought with him from Madrid.

The Audi R8 is agift from his agent and really the only thing we have bought him is an Audi RS6

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Dec 2014 09:58

It doesn't have a UK number plate.

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 12 Dec 2014 22:27

It is,in fact,a Porsche Magnum of which,I believe there are only two in the Country - the other owned by a Liverpool Player.
He spent at least £50k. on internal comforts- sound system etc. And it has Dutch numberplates. Think he brought it with him.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 14 Dec 2014 13:44

Just had a glance at the Sheffield Wednesday board to see how our Drenthe is getting on...

Drenthe - 8 - superb, created loads

Drenthe - 7 our most creative spark

drenthe 6 busy
(the highest mark he gave)

Drenthe 7.5 - probably more creativity than the rest of the team put together.

Drenthe 6 JJ or Antonio all over again, brilliant one minute and then woeful the next.

Drenthe - 8 best attacking player on the pitch today

Drenthe 7 If something is going to happen then he's the one who's going to make it happen.

Really is a class above. He's on a different wavelength to everyone else. You could see towards the end he was thinking 'screw it I'll try and win this on my own'. Nearly did with that chance aswell.

Will be lucky to keep hold of him.

Certainly getting better.
Dropped some weight since he's been here and seems up for it in terms of work rate.

Class above.

Still scares me when he sprints back with every intention to win the ball though. He flies into tackles with no thought.

Likable character as well, even if the Reading fans hate him. Who the jeff are Reading anyway?

Our best player by a mile yesterday IMO. Didn't take to him at first but getting better every week. Will be a big player for Reading once they sack Adkins.

And what the manager says...

Head coach Stuart Gray fears Sheffield Wednesday will struggle to extend the loan deals of Lewis McGugan and Royston Drenthe.

McGugan and Drenthe are set to return to Watford and Reading respectively following the Owls’ trip to Wigan Athletic at the end of the month. McGugan’s loan deal expires on New Year’s Day while Drenthe’s runs out on January 2.

The duo have added creativity and flair to Wednesday’s midfield and are poised to feature at Blackburn Rovers tomorrow. But Gray admits the players and their parent clubs will have the final say on whether they will remain at Hillsborough.

The head coach said: “You want to keep your best players. We are delighted with what Lewis has done. He has given us a lift.

“It will be down to his and Watford’s decision. It’s early days yet.

“With Royston, it’s whether he wants to stay and whether Reading will allow him to stay.

“Hopefully we can keep Lewis and Royston under the radar a little bit. Unfortunately, when they are not your players, you always run the risk of losing them because they are playing well for us. If suddently their parent clubs have problems at their end with injuries or think they are in good form, they can recall them back.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 14 Dec 2014 13:48

I'm not sure why, but I've always been desert for Drenthe to be a big success here and I'd love to see a left side of Drenthe and Obita and a right side of Gunter and McCleary. I'd happily see Murray go back to Palace and see Pogrebnyak back in the starting XI if it's all about the money...

A midfield of Karacan, Williams and Norwood (Guthrie's career looks to be in real trouble) and we'd be in business. But will Adkins give Drenthe another chance?! Put simply, if Adkins is a big enough man to give him another go, I'd want this to happen, but if he's trying to wash our hands of Drenthe then I'd want Adkins out.

Now, about that defence...

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Dec 2014 13:54

Burnt his bridges here, playing for a contract there. If he gets a permanent there he'll be back to the same old Royston within a month.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Dec 2014 12:30

Fingers crossed Wednesday make an offer for him in the January transfer window and Drenthe takes it without trying to negotiate a pay-off.

760 posts