Pogrebnyak Speaks Out!

Tommy Jenkins

Pogrebnyak Speaks Out!

by Tommy Jenkins » 19 Dec 2014 18:47

Main points from the interview below

He's bored! - well get on the bloody pitch and score some goals for the shed load of money your are getting!

Only came to Reading because Zingarevith kept begging him and put a pot full of gold in front of him!

There were recently skirmishes between the players at training under Nigel Atkins !

He can't believe the high standard of the championship

The Pog has been interviewed by Euro Football, and discusses the reasons for his move to the club, his future and much more.

Reading FC striker Pavel Pogrebnyak was interviewed by Euro Football a few days ago and has made some interesting comments about his time at Reading and his possible future elsewhere.
When asked about his initial move to the club in July 2012, Pogrebnyak said one of the main reasons was Reading being owned by a Russian, i.e. Anton Zingarevich. More specifically, he says that Zingarevich begged him for a long time to join Reading, and finally managed to persuade him... with the offer of a 'not so small' salary.
Pogrebnyak goes on to claim that the team is low on morale because of the poor form this season. He even says that there have been incidents of 'skirmishes in training', and players swearing during matches has contributed to the negative atmosphere.
Looking at his future, he reiterates his desire to stay in the English leagues, as he loves London. That said, he leaves the door open to a move back to Russia in the future, as he is 'bored' at the moment, and misses the snowy Russian weather. When asked about a potential move to Spartak Moscow, he says 'why not'?
Pogrebnyak also compares the standard of football in the Championship with the Premiership, saying that he was 'pleasantly surprised' at how high the quality was after Reading were relegated.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pogrebnyak Speaks Out!

by Ian Royal » 19 Dec 2014 20:12

Screams mercenary.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 19 Dec 2014 20:15

Screams 'honest bloke doing what anyone would do yet not lying about it nor giving it the biggun'

Martin41

by Martin41 » 19 Dec 2014 20:40

PistolPete Screams 'honest bloke doing what anyone would do yet not lying about it nor giving it the biggun'

+1

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Dec 2014 20:56

Agreed, assuming Murray's off (which is very probable now) I hope he gets a good run with a decent bit of delivery before he leaves. Obviously he's not been great, and he's had a big hand in that, but he's come into the team at the worst time, and whilst i don't think he's worth his wages, I do think he's better then we've seen. His winner against West Brom made the whole stadium shake and caused me to lose it like i hadn't before and haven't since in a football stadium.

Tommy Jenkins

by Tommy Jenkins » 19 Dec 2014 21:55

Trouble is he cant be good for team spirit earning all that dosh and not really delivering.
I know its not his fault Anton offered the money but Im wondering if the poor team spirit and training ground skirmishes are mostly aimed at him ??

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Dec 2014 22:24

Tommy Jenkins Trouble is he cant be good for team spirit earning all that dosh and not really delivering.
I know its not his fault Anton offered the money but Im wondering if the poor team spirit and training ground skirmishes are mostly aimed at him ??

I'm not.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 20 Dec 2014 07:16

Royal Ginger Agreed, assuming Murray's off (which is very probable now) I hope he gets a good run with a decent bit of delivery before he leaves. Obviously he's not been great, and he's had a big hand in that, but he's come into the team at the worst time, and whilst i don't think he's worth his wages, I do think he's better then we've seen. His winner against West Brom made the whole stadium shake and caused me to lose it like i hadn't before and haven't since in a football stadium.

I bet Steve Clarke remembers that one ...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 20 Dec 2014 08:30

Ian Royal Screams mercenary.

Screams fair enough to me. If a chairman is willing to throw money at you to join his club and you want to stay in England, can't see as many would ever turn it down.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 20 Dec 2014 09:01

Have either of his managers or anyone inside the club ever said a bad word against him? Can't remember it if they did.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Dec 2014 10:03

Tommy Jenkins Trouble is he cant be good for team spirit earning all that dosh and not really delivering.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the infamous training ground skirmish was Pearce lamping the lazy and lippy Drenthe - shortly followed by his banishment from the first team training.

Tommy Jenkins

by Tommy Jenkins » 20 Dec 2014 10:07

Problem is ARMADILLO the management cant afford to have a pop at the Pog, The team spirit would plunge even deeper if they did. All the comments I have seen are that they're trying to motivate him, which conversely probably means hes not motivated and going to let his contract run down in the hope of returning to Russia. He is unrecognisable from the player who scored a fantastic goal away at Chelsea when we were in the prem. Lets hope Mr Clarke can give him some tough love, otherwise with the likely hood that Murray returns to Palace we will have even more problems scoring goals than we do right now!!

Tommy Jenkins

by Tommy Jenkins » 20 Dec 2014 10:14

Well Pie, he is quite clearly from the article talking about skirmishes in training and not an isolated incident . The incident with Pearce was also a long time ago. The article from the Pog was done a couple of days ago. Hes also quoted as saying the players are ripping into each other during games, which is not a good sign at all . So all was not so dandy as Mr Atkins was letting on according to the Pog.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Dec 2014 10:46

Huntley & Palmer

Screams fair enough to me. If a chairman is willing to throw money at you to join his club and you want to stay in England, can't see as many would ever turn it down.

I expect footballers to want to play. He's shown he's only interested in money and would rather sit on the bench at a lower level maximising his earnings than going and actually playing somewhere.

Where's the oxf*rd determination to succeed?

Tommy Jenkins

by Tommy Jenkins » 20 Dec 2014 10:56

You're right Ian, He should get off his big Russian arse and show hes worthy of wearing the hoops. How can he look his team mates in the eye with what he is earning!

Pog if you ever get the chance to read this, if you have some self respect sort yourself out and take a long look in the mirror.

Its all well and good living the high life in London but now is the time to man up and help your team!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Dec 2014 11:10

Wow this guy gets so much shit for no reason IMO. I think with the right players around him & the right service he would be a premium striker at chump level.

He has been frozen out by Adkins. Not entirely sure why as he always put a shift in even if the goals were few & far between. Has never really spoken ill of the club at all & has kept his head down the entire time.

I really want to see him playing again & think Clarke will give him some starts.

Come on guys it's the season of goodwill. How can you hate him?

Someone find the xmas jumper pic I can't find it....

Tommy Jenkins

by Tommy Jenkins » 20 Dec 2014 11:25

Yes this was the great goal I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Its great being a show pony at Stamford bridge but what has he done since ?

I would love him to be successful, he got the physique but how many headers doe he win being a target man? Spends most of his time throwing himself on the floor at every opportunity

Come on Pog we need you to stand up and be counted please !

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Dec 2014 11:28

Tommy Jenkins Yes this was the great goal I was talking about earlier in the thread.

Its great being a show pony at Stamford bridge but what has he done since ?

I would love him to be successful, he got the physique but how many headers doe he win being a target man? Spends most of his time throwing himself on the floor at every opportunity

Come on Pog we need you to stand up and be counted please !

But what you should be asking is what has the TEAM done since? It's been a horrible 2 years for the club & no one has really truly delivered on the pitch during that time.

I am a staunch supporter of Pog & he never shirked under BM. Always worked his nuts off.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 20 Dec 2014 11:33

Royal Ginger Agreed, assuming Murray's off (which is very probable now) I hope he gets a good run with a decent bit of delivery before he leaves. Obviously he's not been great, and he's had a big hand in that, but he's come into the team at the worst time, and whilst i don't think he's worth his wages, I do think he's better then we've seen. His winner against West Brom made the whole stadium shake and caused me to lose it like i hadn't before and haven't since in a football stadium.

Quite ironic that Steve Clarke was there the last time the home fans really did enjoy themselves. Lets hope it's a good omen!

Martin41

by Martin41 » 20 Dec 2014 11:41

Ian Royal
Huntley & Palmer

I expect footballers to want to play. He's shown he's only interested in money and would rather sit on the bench at a lower level maximising his earnings than going and actually playing somewhere.

Where's the oxf*rd determination to succeed?

How do you know he does not want to play? No one else may want him or can afford him for various reasons.
Adkins hardly started him and he's injured anyway at the moment.
I think he's honest and just saying how it is.