Aaron Tshibola

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Aaron Tshibola

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 29 Apr 2015 09:52

Fond memories of away days to the Vic. Taking in the bracing sea air, hanging some monkeys and a few bevvies in Yarm. Oh, and four nil wins.... :lol:

Pleased you stayed up and Tish was a key part in making that happen. Many of us would love to see the first team chock full of our talented Under 21s next season.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 29 Apr 2015 09:59

Glad you posted it. Poolyfan comes on here like a little cocktease but obvs wasn't going to put out

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Apr 2015 10:00

His contribution to the winning goal on Saturday shows exactly what our 1st team currently lack.

He has the heart and desire to win the ball, the confidence to then carry it forwards and the technique to lay a slide rule pass for the forward to score.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 29 Apr 2015 10:56

Vision His contribution to the winning goal on Saturday shows exactly what our 1st team currently lack.

He has the heart and desire to win the ball, the confidence to then carry it forwards and the technique to lay a slide rule pass for the forward to score.

I'd be happy if some of our first team squad had just one of those attributes, never mind all three

fruits

by fruits » 29 Apr 2015 11:52

Thanks Poolsfan, for taking the trouble to send a great report about Aaron and congratulations on staying up. I thought you were dead and buried a few months ago.

Hope Aaron can kick on and become a regular in the first team. Our club is like a rudderless ship, totally lacking direction. I am not sure if it is
the board of directors, the manager or the players,who are to blame. We are in freefall and could easily do a Wigan; Brighton´s fall has been just a bad as ours. The players lack motivation to play in the Championship, but showed how good they could be when the words Wembley and Arsenal were mentioned. The Thai owners seem to say nothing, Sir Mad says and does very little. Hammond where is he? Is there money to buy new players, this summer? The Reading Way is dead in the water.

The manager, still not convinced by him, he talks as much tripe as Adkins, his team selection and substitutions are as mercurial. His treatment of some players has been strange to say the least,Cooper,Cox, Norwood to mention just three. Two mangers with good records of success failed to get results. How have we gone from almost playoff contender to relegation candidate in one season?

The players, seem to need a leader on the pitch, someone to give a rocket when another player isn´t trying or is hiding. Someone to walk through walls for the team.

The fans have been fantastic, a net 16,500 turned up for the Brentford game, incredible when the game meant nothing.

I see Clarke says "Relegation will not be an issue" next season , hope he knows something we don´t. Like money to buy a new left back, another centre half, a Parky/Gooding for midfield and at least two proven goalscorers in this league.

Perhaps we should look at loaning out more of our promising youngsters to toughen them up, rather than keeping them in the U21s, it certainly seemed the answer for Aaron.

As far as next season goes, radical changes have to be made. I wonder sometimes why the Thai´s bought the club other than to get money out of Thailand and hoped to sell quickly. Do not think it will be easy to find a buyer at the moment. Changes have to be made or we will be the next Wigan, Portsmouth ...........

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Apr 2015 12:56

Vision He has the heart and desire to win the ball, the confidence to then carry it forwards and the technique to lay a slide rule pass for the forward to score.

Settle down, this is only League 2 we're talking about here!

That said, RFC has excelled in the past in giving players a chance who have excelled in lower/inferior leagues; Kerry Dixon, Dave Kitson, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Cedric Baseya.

Perhaps Tshibola will be starting games next season for us given the anticipated cull and the likelihood of the time-honoured 'no money to spend' position from the owners. Equally, perhaps Dominic Samuel could have a go? Can't be any worse than the utterly appalling prospect of Hal Robson Kanu playing up front :|

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 Apr 2015 13:07

Poolyfan We've decided to go ahead with it but have received national criticism from Kick it Out who by all accounts had received 4 complaints which has now made us even more determined to make it work. We've not had a vast number of black players at Pools over the years but the players we have had have always been very popular and you could not wish to meet a less racist group of supporters.
Although you did once hang a monkey after mistaking it for a Frenchman :lol:

I can see why this could be controversial - Perhaps wearing black Bob Marley masks will be more acceptable to everyone, except the police who will find it difficult to identify anyone. I'm hoping to see articles in the press about this with a confused photographer/editor printing photos of actual black Hartlepool fans dressed as Bob Marley condemning them for blacking up :lol:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Apr 2015 13:08

:lol: Bloody hell Floyd, Lighten up.
I'm not suggesting he's a world beater or that he'll make any difference for us just merely pointing out that in this particular instance he demonstrated qualities that have been lacking in the first team.
Last edited by Vision on 29 Apr 2015 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 29 Apr 2015 13:11

Sounds utterly utterly dreadful

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Apr 2015 14:29

fruits The Reading Way is dead in the water.

Seen this several times now and heard it on Radio Berks last night.

I don't agree.

The Reading Way has been to invest in the future and that is what we have done for many years now.

The fact that the cnut Russian went against that for a brief while and left us in shit street should not disguise the fact that the main investment policy for the last 10 years has been in the Academy, designed, as SJM said very clearly 15 years ago, to make us self sufficient.

The fruits of that are being seen now and will continue to be seen for the next decade or more with the excellence of our youngsters producing amazing results.

Forget this current debacle of a team. If fans of the club look beyond the end of their noses they must surely see that the future is, thanks to the long-term vision of a decade + ago, very bright.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Apr 2015 09:19

Great to read such a positive report, like others I had not quite been sure about Tishbola. Looks a class player but has a tendency to stroll round the pitch that meant it was hard to tell whether he was the real deal or a bit of a poseur. Sounds like the former is winning the contest.
The prospect of him and Kuhl forming our midfield pairing soon is pretty exciting.

Without wanting to divert from the praise for Tish I found Fruits analysis rather jaw dropping. Talk about working over time to find the worst possible angle on everything !!!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Sep 2015 13:20

Signed a new contract til 2019. Great news.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 09 Sep 2015 13:33

Pepe the Horseman Signed a new contract til 2019. Great news.

Yep. He has looked really good so far this year, and now we have the extra loanees it means Clarke can pick and choose the game to play him in, so he develops in the right way.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 09 Sep 2015 13:42

Very good.

I wonder how many players have signed 4 year contracts at Reading over the years?

Pog is the only one that springs to mind.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 09 Sep 2015 13:44

Jolly good stuff.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Sep 2015 14:36

Some interesting posts earlier in this thread..

For me the main difference between him now and when I used to watch him play for the 18's/21's is his stature. He looks to have a real presence on the pitch now, whereas before he was quite easy to push off the ball on occasion. Obviously plenty of gym work has gone on, and has probably reached the point now where his body has started to fill out and thus is able to cope with men's football. It's been the kind of physical development that we're waiting for the likes of Tanner and Kuhl to go through..

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 09 Sep 2015 15:12

Everyone develops at a different rate,

Tanner, though, seems to be having a much better time of it with Plymouth.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Sep 2015 15:47

Good news. He's certainly trained on well and has had a good start to the season as well as what sounds like a very productive loan last season.

I always felt he looked too casual, a bit similar to winchesters lightweight comment, but it does look like he's toughened up and has added something to his game since those days in the kids teams.

Fair play to him, I hope he keeps it up and becomes another regular first team performer to come out of the Academy.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Sep 2015 15:56

ZacNaloen Everyone develops at a different rate,

I think at Wimbledon he was expected to play off Akinfenwa as a natural goalscorer which isn't really his style of play.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 09 Sep 2015 16:09

tidus_mi2
ZacNaloen Everyone develops at a different rate,

I think at Wimbledon he was expected to play off Akinfenwa as a natural goalscorer which isn't really his style of play.

Good job it wasn't to play around Akinfenwa - he'd have needed a bloody taxi