Welcome to Ashton Gate

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Welcome to Ashton Gate

by Green » 11 Sep 2015 12:43

Woodcote Royal So, as ever, it will be the away fans who are most inconvenienced by major stadium development.

Why the fcuk should we have to "allow time" to walk miles in order to take our seats?

Why can't away fans buy tickets at the ground on the day? Because you don't want us to.

There are venues up and down the country where one can encounter fewer neanderthals not only at the ground but also on the streets to and from the ground.

I'd advise those planning to attend to select a more pleasant afternoon on another day in more pleasant surroundings.

Bad experience, Woodcote Royal?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Sep 2015 12:43

LUX
Woodcote Royal So, as ever, it will be the away fans who are most inconvenienced by major stadium development.

Why the fcuk should we have to "allow time" to walk miles in order to take our seats?

Why can't away fans buy tickets at the ground on the day? Because you don't want us to.

There are venues up and down the country where one can encounter fewer neanderthals not only at the ground but also on the streets to and from the ground.

I'd advise those planning to attend to select a more pleasant afternoon on another day in more pleasant surroundings.

blimey, you've got issues. Seriously :|

Yep, serious issues with the manner in which away fans are all too often treated...........................like getting drenched at Gillingham, needing an oxygen mask at Newcastle, having to queue and squeeze through 2 or 3 turnstiles at too many old grounds, being allocated one row of seats at Norwich, paying rip off ticket prices while home fans get similar seats for next to nothing.

Being allocated seats with insufficient room for most people to sit in, Being allocated seats from where most of the goal cannot be seen etc etc etc :|

While I continue to stave off senility I will always have "issues" with the above and hope one day to find time to do something about it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Sep 2015 12:49

Green

Hey Green, earlier Mouldy said he doesn't like eggs, so I said 'bad eggsperience?'. Lol.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2015 12:54

Business in treating occasional "indirect" customer worse than regular customer shocker!

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Sep 2015 13:04

Pepe the Horseman
Green

Hey Green, earlier Mouldy said he doesn't like eggs, so I said 'bad eggsperience?'. Lol.

Hey Pepe, that's cracking :!:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Sep 2015 14:19

Stranded Business in treating occasional "indirect" customer worse than regular customer shocker!

The real shocker is that it's deemed acceptable to treat football fans in a way that would outrage anyone visting a theatre or cinema however infrequently they may attend.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Sep 2015 14:24

Do us all a favour and stay at home then champ.

It's what you'd do if your beloved theatre or cinema treated you like that isn't it?

bubibe

by bubibe » 11 Sep 2015 15:25

DavidLloydBCFC Away fans are very welcome at Ashton Gate, and you can find more details of how to find us at: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/club/find_us/

Please note: away fans are not able to pay on the day, and seating is sold on a strictly reserved basis – you must go to your allocated seat.

We are currently undergoing a major stadium redevelopment, and this season away fans have moved to the eastern corner of the Atyeo stand – access via Ashton Road. There are kiosks in the away area where you can buy food and drink. Our staff were recently voted the friendliest in the entire Football League, so you should receive a cordial welcome from our stewarding and security team. We also have volunteer Matchday Hosts situated at key points around the ground who will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Please also be aware that there will be no access through the stadium footprint to the Atyeo Stand from the opposite end of the ground. You will have to walk round via Winterstoke Road, Marsh Road and Ashton Road. Please allow enough time to do this if you are approaching Ashton Gate from the south.

Any supporters with mobility issues who will have difficulty accessing the stadium from designated parking or drop-off points should contact our Disability Liaison Officer Nick Lloyd: nick.lloyd@bristol-sport.co.uk, or by phoning 0117 963 0609

Because of the redevelopment, parking is severely restricted – there is nothing available on site. Disabled fans should contact supporter services on 0117 963 0600 (option 1) for details of the limited disabled spaces which are available for blue badge holders.

There might be some on-street parking available near the ground if you arrive early enough. Bedminster cricket club (http://bedminstercc.co.uk/) usually offers secure parking with a bar and food. Please check with them that this is available for this fixture. They are just a five minute walk from the ground. There is also parking available at private sites on Ashton Vale road.

Away fans should avoid pubs on North Street, but the Nova Scotia (https://plus.google.com/101810562007798 ... l=uk&hl=en) and the Pump House (http://www.the-pumphouse.com/) welcome well-behaved away supporters. They are a 15 minute walk from the ground.

Any queries, please drop me an email at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk.

My other team is Bristol Rovers and the welcome was far from friendly on our last visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPo92rDjqqA

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Sep 2015 15:35

Boys will be boys eh?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2015 15:36

Woodcote Royal
Stranded Business in treating occasional "indirect" customer worse than regular customer shocker!

The real shocker is that it's deemed acceptable to treat football fans in a way that would outrage anyone visting a theatre or cinema however infrequently they may attend.

Totally different situation as you are very unlikely to keep either of those open with building work impeding capacity.

I find it more that a little surprising that you can't see why a football club whose stadium is undergoing major works, whilst remaining in use, would not actively choose to inconvenience supporters of a club playing their once a season over their own fans who attend every game. Someone will be incovenienced in these circumstances, so it's best for it to be the group of people who may not even realise they are being inconvenienced.

Poor stadium design a la Loftus Road is another matter, but again it is hardly surprising that they give the worst areas to people who will not be returning until their club next plays there.

To use your analogy, a theatre would look to minimise any inconvenience any patrons or season ticket holders they may have preferring any "pain" to be experienced by those in the cheap seats. That is basically what BCFC are doing here and what I would expect Reading to do in similar circumstances.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Sep 2015 16:15

bubibe
DavidLloydBCFC Away fans are very welcome at Ashton Gate, and you can find more details of how to find us at: http://www.bcfc.co.uk/club/find_us/

Please note: away fans are not able to pay on the day, and seating is sold on a strictly reserved basis – you must go to your allocated seat.

We are currently undergoing a major stadium redevelopment, and this season away fans have moved to the eastern corner of the Atyeo stand – access via Ashton Road. There are kiosks in the away area where you can buy food and drink. Our staff were recently voted the friendliest in the entire Football League, so you should receive a cordial welcome from our stewarding and security team. We also have volunteer Matchday Hosts situated at key points around the ground who will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Please also be aware that there will be no access through the stadium footprint to the Atyeo Stand from the opposite end of the ground. You will have to walk round via Winterstoke Road, Marsh Road and Ashton Road. Please allow enough time to do this if you are approaching Ashton Gate from the south.

Any supporters with mobility issues who will have difficulty accessing the stadium from designated parking or drop-off points should contact our Disability Liaison Officer Nick Lloyd: nick.lloyd@bristol-sport.co.uk, or by phoning 0117 963 0609

Because of the redevelopment, parking is severely restricted – there is nothing available on site. Disabled fans should contact supporter services on 0117 963 0600 (option 1) for details of the limited disabled spaces which are available for blue badge holders.

There might be some on-street parking available near the ground if you arrive early enough. Bedminster cricket club (http://bedminstercc.co.uk/) usually offers secure parking with a bar and food. Please check with them that this is available for this fixture. They are just a five minute walk from the ground. There is also parking available at private sites on Ashton Vale road.

Away fans should avoid pubs on North Street, but the Nova Scotia (https://plus.google.com/101810562007798 ... l=uk&hl=en) and the Pump House (http://www.the-pumphouse.com/) welcome well-behaved away supporters. They are a 15 minute walk from the ground.

Any queries, please drop me an email at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk.

My other team is Bristol Rovers and the welcome was far from friendly on our last visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPo92rDjqqA

But then we're a nothing club and therefore inoffensive to everyone so none of that will be a problem.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 13 Sep 2015 10:33

Big Foot FAO David, I'm planning to go to The BS3 and play right up. Much love x

:lol:

I'll be in the Coopers Arms or The Robins for a quiet drink before the game....

If anyone is travelling by minibus, it'll be best to avoid driving past The Miners Arms. We don't want a repeat of the angst against the Gas.

North Street is your best bet, that's where I'll be heading. Haven't lived there for a few years now, but it's gone a lot more upmarket -certainly better than what it used to be! The Tobacco Factory is perhaps the best joint on that road, but imagine that would be crowded with City, so a little further down to places like the Hen and Chicken, or The Cider House, might be better. As RoyalBlue mentioned, The Pump House is good for a bit of lunch and a few pints before/after the game.

The City Centre is decent as well. Bristol is a great night-out.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Sep 2015 09:24

Woodcote Royal needing an oxygen mask at Newcastle,

Nice view though!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Sep 2015 09:39

Anyone know how many tickets left?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Sep 2015 11:22

Mr.Swainey The City Centre is decent as well. Bristol is a great night-out.

Bristolian Bingo

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 14 Sep 2015 19:17

Green
Mr.Swainey The City Centre is decent as well. Bristol is a great night-out.

Bristolian Bingo

Are you fan of The Wurzels, Green?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 Sep 2015 09:03

Didn't realise they were still going TBF

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Sep 2015 11:25

Green Didn't realise they were still going TBF

Still going strong and still gigging about the place which is fairly amazing as they are all knocking on a bit now...

http://www.thewurzels.com/gigs.htm

Actually not too shabby a night out.....

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 Sep 2015 11:49

OK well to answer the original question - no, they're not to my taste.

Furthermore, I'm not a big cider drinker and I think Pie Minister pies are over rated.

What else ya got?

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 15 Sep 2015 11:57

Green OK well to answer the original question - no, they're not to my taste.

Furthermore, I'm not a big cider drinker and I think Pie Minister pies are over rated.

What else ya got?

Were you fans of Keith Curle and Scott Murray? What do you think about John Cabot, and the later slave trade?