Do you rate Lucas Piazon?

Do you rate Piazon?

Yes
58%
No
19%
I normally leave the poll going for a while and then vote yes or no after he's proved himself to be good or bad, then I can say I told you so and pretend anyone cares what I have to say
23%

Total votes: 81
blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Do you rate Lucas Piazon?

by blueroyals » 25 Oct 2015 01:59

windermereROYAL Still early days. but looking like one of our worse loan signings ever. admittedly he`s got a couple of goals, but he is so bloody lightweight and couldn`t fight is way out of a paper bag. I was excited when we took him on. but damn if he doesn`t improve, and fast ship him off back to Chelsea, he will be at home with that shower of shit.

LOL

He's delivered the goods in terms of goals and assists so far, but he's our worst loan signing ever? Get a grip m8

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Oct 2015 03:29

Clearly has talent but he's an absolute wimp.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 25 Oct 2015 08:36

sandman Clearly has talent but he's an absolute wimp.

+1

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 25 Oct 2015 09:42

Skilful but too lightweight for the Championship.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Oct 2015 10:46

Some of the flak is little extreme, but it's a tough one. He's not the kind of player you want on the pitch in the Championship when you're trying to defend a 2-0 lead - bit of a luxury. But worth having around if he gets you goals and assists. There must be a way to fit him in.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 25 Oct 2015 10:48

I think it's a straight toss up between him and Vydra in the team. I think they both like playing "in the hole". Piazon is not a left midfielder or left winger. Exposes the defence too much but could be fitted in working behind Sa.

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 25 Oct 2015 12:31

Not the worst loan signing ever, but shaping up to be the most overrated judging by some of your comments.

He needs to get rid of all his Chelsea habits now. If someone has the audacity to take the ball off of him he needs to at least attempt to get it back. Not stand around pouting as if someone has stolen his lollypop.

McCleary needs a decent run in the team. What must he have been thinking sat on the bench against Fulham? Especially when another loan signing gets sent on instead of him.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 25 Oct 2015 22:47

Piazon is clearly a player who has some positives and some negatives, but somehow it feels irrelevant. Like Bertrand, Ake and Chalobah, we know he's only here for a short period - there's no way he'll sign for Reading or stay for more than one season. Given our squad strength, are we not in a position where we should be building around players who will be here for the duration? Vydra is on loan too, but realistically if he fits in we can sign him, albeit for a hefty sum, but there's a future there. I don't have that feeling with Piazon. If he was totally outstanding he may be worth it for the promotion, but I'm not sure he's quite that good....

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Oct 2015 08:15

Shouldn't be anywhere near the midfield. Wing/forward fine, but if you are already committing three players up front, no way a lightweight like him can be expected to boss the middle of the park.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 29 Oct 2015 19:40

He certainly has talent as an attacking player but should play in the middle behind the striker (his best position, don't think he has even played there yet?), he's not that good as a winger IMO.

Not a physical player and doesn't really have any defensive quality, its ok to have one or two of these players but they should be as far up the pitch as possible, (as others have said that's why he shouldnt play in midfield), has a pretty low work rate too.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Oct 2015 20:05

RoyallyFcuked He certainly has talent as an attacking player but should play in the middle behind the striker (his best position, don't think he has even played there yet?), he's not that good as a winger IMO.

Not a physical player and doesn't really have any defensive quality, its ok to have one or two of these players but they should be as far up the pitch as possible, (as others have said that's why he shouldnt play in midfield), has a pretty low work rate too.

Agree he shouldn't be a conventional winger and would be quite well suited to playing behind the striker, but I think he'd work as a left forward... He's sort of been playing as left midfielder who spends most of his time roving between wide (more left) forward and off the striker from what I've seen.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 30 Oct 2015 08:54

In a more traditional 4-5-1 with 'midfield wingers' I could see him play as AM. But as we generally seem to be playing forwards on the 'wing' he doesn't have enough of an all-around game to be expected to chip in.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Do you rape Lucas Piazon?

by Royal Ginger » 30 Oct 2015 08:56

Silly boy