Steve Clarke Sacked

269 posts
RG7Fan

Re: Steve Clarke Sacked

by RG7Fan » 04 Dec 2015 10:24

2.8 lita injection Fantastic Friday, now fook off to fulham.

ps Get Sal Bibbo back to the club.

I'm half way to £70 with the sacking, hopefully he's on the road to Fulham right now to sign and I can collect by this evening.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Dec 2015 10:25

Championing a sacking culture at the club. Reading FC is turning into everything you h8 in other clubs. :lol:

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 04 Dec 2015 10:26

RG7Fan hopefully he's on the road to Fulham right now to sign and I can collect by this evening.

Hopefully, when he gets there the doors will be firmly closed in his face. Double whammy! :lol:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 10:27

No Fixed Abode Championing a sacking culture at the club. Reading FC is turning into everything you h8 in other clubs. :lol:

hi kes, slow day? how come your on the team board? thought you were a cheLOLsea fan

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 04 Dec 2015 10:29

Bring back the Sal Bibbo tour bus!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 10:30

Shame to see RFC turn in to yet another advocate of the sack culture, five managers in six years. Bowing to a baying mob is never a good idea and the Thais need to be very careful who they pick to take over. Picking someone like Sherwood, who is only useful for a short term, would be just reinforcing that sack culture.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 04 Dec 2015 10:30

BonBoh
RG7Fan hopefully he's on the road to Fulham right now to sign and I can collect by this evening.

Hopefully, when he gets there the doors will be firmly closed in his face. Double whammy! :lol:

I want my £70

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 04 Dec 2015 10:32

Can't say I'm surprised. From Howe's comments after the Fulham debacle it was only a matter of time. I thought he probably had one more game tho.

Whoever replaces him can we please ditch the endless passing it around the back four/along the halfway line, no pace, no penetration bullshit and have a return to the direct wing play that brought us the most successful period in the club's history.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 04 Dec 2015 10:33

sandman Shame to see RFC turn in to yet another advocate of the sack culture, five managers in six years. Bowing to a baying mob is never a good idea and the Thais need to be very careful who they pick to take over. Picking someone like Sherwood, who is only useful for a short term, would be just reinforcing that sack culture.

Sherwood would be an awful appointment. Short term or long term.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 04 Dec 2015 10:35

Or medium term.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Dec 2015 10:35

sandman Shame to see RFC turn in to yet another advocate of the sack culture, five managers in six years. Bowing to a baying mob is never a good idea and the Thais need to be very careful who they pick to take over. Picking someone like Sherwood, who is only useful for a short term, would be just reinforcing that sack culture.

While I agree about the notion of sack culture, the Fulham incident is why he was sacked today, he'd probably still have several more poor performances before the sack if that hadn't have happened.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 Dec 2015 10:36

No Fixed Abode I personally can't believe that Reading have sacked Steve Clarke. A point outside the play off places with plenty of points to play for. What do the club and the spoilt brat fans expect from the club?

The club have always been a lower division side until recent years. A fair to middling/competitive team in the Championship is a gr8 achievement from where the club came from.

Yes - you may say he lost the fans/players respect following the Fulham situation. But who made that information public? Was it the club? Or Clarke? Either way - it should have remained behind closed doors. The handling of the scenario was very poorly done. If you or I went for a job interview elsewhere whilst still employed by another company the matter would be kept to yourself until, if and when you were successful and decided to move jobs

Have you actually seen us play recently?

The Fulham thing was made public by them - then the media reported it. At no point did the club announce they had let him have "talks"

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Dec 2015 10:37

Never warmed to him, too dour

SSC next, at least in a caretaker/holding role

Where's Paolo Di Canio these days?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Dec 2015 10:39

He was sacked because of poor performances when backed.

Last 9 games atrocious and 19 wins in 53 matches is worse than Adkins I believe. Fulham debacle just accelerated things.

Pearson to the rescue.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 10:39

No Fixed Abode Championing a sacking culture at the club. Reading FC is turning into everything you h8 in other clubs. :lol:

Watch while they take someone from another club and the fans welcome him with open arms despite weeks of criticising Clarke for a supposed lack of loyalty.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 04 Dec 2015 10:41

Just followed Clarke from the Mad Stad, he's driven straight to Craven Cottage...just parked up...but his jacket on and ensured that the big bag of cash is safely tucked away in the boot of his car.

Got a big grin on his face as though Christmas has come early...bumper pay off and now looks like he's ready to walk straight into a new job on a similar wage...what a c**t

I never rated him and his previous record at West Brom was definitely nothing special...what did he do for Reading...the cup run! was more luck and the spell of 8 games this season was more down to a new team catching out the opposition...once the international break gave everyone a chance to look at how limited we were...Clarke's lack of tactics got found out instantly...it's been down hill since then...

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Dec 2015 10:42

blueroyals Part of me thinks he wanted to be sacked, perhaps looking for a pay-off after realising his summer signings were all shit?

Playing players out of position, not dropping players who are out of form, asking to talk to clubs lower down the table and the apathetic press conferences, all very strange...

No one wants to be sacked CV??

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Dec 2015 10:45

tidus_mi2

While I agree about the notion of sack culture, the Fulham incident is why he was sacked today, he'd probably still have several more poor performances before the sack if that hadn't have happened.

Indeed, once you lose the fans to the extent that Clarke has done it's pretty much all over. Very difficult to come back from that, and it often leads to downward spiraling consequences.

It's a shame as we were playing some really good football at the start of the season. But when you look at his overall record at the club that period appears to be an exception rather than the standard, and all the goodwill he had at the club dissipated once the Fulham news broke.

As I've said before, I think the reaction of the fans has been a little over-the-top, but I can certainly understand the reasoning behind it, and as a result he'd burned too many bridges to continue. A clean break now is certainly preferable to the mess that would have ensued if performances like last night had continued.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 04 Dec 2015 10:46

Yes the amount of managers coming and going at reading fc have been a little too many which is not ideal. However it's hard to argue the downward spiral clarke has created in conduct and tactical ability was ever likely to be rescued here and the board have made a 'professional' decision.

Brian mcdermott could well be the manager who has most cause to complain at his sacking but the others in this time period can have no real complaints. It is true that the next manager appointment really has to fit the reading ethos whether or not that ethos has shifted slightly! RFC fans are at home with 4 4 2, maybe we need to look at league 1?. Anyone too big a name I fear won't fit in at the club although Mccarthy would be good. Mowbray or Edinburgh perhaps?. Interesting to see what happens to hector and piazon now...

NeilD

by NeilD » 04 Dec 2015 10:47

I hear Neil Warnock is available.
Apparently his recent management record isn't too bad!

269 posts