Steve Clarke Sacked

269 posts
Armadillo Roadkill

Re: Steve Clarke Sacked

by Armadillo Roadkill » 04 Dec 2015 11:16

David Moyes. Because what we really need right now is a grizzled, dour, defensive minded Scot in charge...

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 04 Dec 2015 11:19

Howe said at the time of Fulhamgate that the club received plenty of interest from in work managers. I hope Gary Rowett was one of them.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Dec 2015 11:26

Hoop Blah
Royal Rother
Armadillo Roadkill Viveash for me. Up and coming, links to the club, good bloke.

Too many others are rejects (Sherwood), failures (Moyes) or weirdoes (Pearson).

Moyes a failure?

By what measure?

To be fair, he's been sacked from 50% of his jobs for not doing well enough.

quite a large percentage of managers lose a pretty large percentage of their jobs over time

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 04 Dec 2015 11:30

[/quote]To be fair, he's been sacked from 50% of his jobs for not doing well enough.

quite a large percentage of managers lose a pretty large percentage of their jobs over time[/quote]

When it's less than a season and your record during that time is poor, then it kind of implies failure.
Last edited by Armadillo Roadkill on 04 Dec 2015 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 Dec 2015 11:30

Toot toot, all aboard the Moyes train!!

People going for Pearson, why?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Dec 2015 11:31

Chris Powell or Gary Rowlett would be my choices.

There's no way Moyes would come here when there's likely be some Prem jobs he could get.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 11:34

PieEater Chris Powell or Gary Rowlett would be my choices.

There's no way Moyes would come here when there's likely be some Prem jobs he could get.

Would have Rowett but he's In a job and Reading fans don't like managers who talk to other clubs despite being in a job so would be against him from the start.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Dec 2015 11:38

Once again the baying mob get their wishes. will all be quiet again until they get their teeth into the next victim. careful what you wish for. these things have a nasty habit of coming back and biting you on the arse.
Not sure I like what my team is turning into

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Dec 2015 11:39

sandman
No Fixed Abode Championing a sacking culture at the club. Reading FC is turning into everything you h8 in other clubs. :lol:

Watch while they take someone from another club and the fans welcome him with open arms despite weeks of criticising Clarke for a supposed lack of loyalty.

Agreed.

As I said when Clarke was talking to Fulham. Loyalty works both ways. I said if results were'n't good - Reading FC wouldn't hesitate in sacking Clarke and that's just what they've done. Except, imo, way too early when you're only a point outside the play-off positions.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 04 Dec 2015 11:39

Silver Fox Toot toot, all aboard the Moyes train!!

People going for Pearson, why?

Leicester fan still rave about the work he did thereduring both stints. He knows what it takes to get promoted. Less of a punt compared to many.

Who do you want and why?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Dec 2015 11:40

Brighton fans have a six-pager on this already

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Dec 2015 11:41

windermere_royal Once again the baying mob get their wishes. will all be quiet again until they get their teeth into the next victim. careful what you wish for. these things have a nasty habit of coming back and biting you on the arse.

Err, what?

yesterday windermere_royal Now try and tell me we are not in freefall? not in the country right now and stayed up to the early hours to watch that pile of shit. no ideas, QPR were poor but you could always see it coming.
without a change in leadership we could well end up in a relegation scrap

bubibe

by bubibe » 04 Dec 2015 11:41

SC saunters off down the M4 with a bag full of cash, Fulham avoid spending any buy out compensation. This would remove the too expensive concern stopping Fulham taking him 2 weeks ago...

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Dec 2015 11:41

genome Brighton fans have a six-pager on this already

Well you did jib their manager once.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Dec 2015 11:42

No Fixed Abode
sandman
No Fixed Abode Championing a sacking culture at the club. Reading FC is turning into everything you h8 in other clubs. :lol:

Watch while they take someone from another club and the fans welcome him with open arms despite weeks of criticising Clarke for a supposed lack of loyalty.

Agreed.

As I said when Clarke was talking to Fulham. Loyalty works both ways. I said if results were'n't good - Reading FC wouldn't hesitate in sacking Clarke and that's just what they've done. Except, imo, way too early when you're only a point outside the play-off positions.

Nice to see you two getting along.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 11:42

Pepe the Horseman
windermere_royal Once again the baying mob get their wishes. will all be quiet again until they get their teeth into the next victim. careful what you wish for. these things have a nasty habit of coming back and biting you on the arse.

Err, what?

yesterday windermere_royal Now try and tell me we are not in freefall? not in the country right now and stayed up to the early hours to watch that pile of shit. no ideas, QPR were poor but you could always see it coming.

:o going to be hard for windermere to come back from this....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 11:46

No Fixed Abode
sandman

Agreed.

Pepe the Horseman Nice to see you two getting along.

Not quite as close as you and Gunts.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 04 Dec 2015 11:46

Has Hasselbaink been officially appointed by QPR? Wouldn't mind derailling that for the Lols.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 04 Dec 2015 11:47

I am, like many on here, not a fan of the sacking culture (summed up beautifully by Talk Sport's Colin Murray recently with 'Time passes quickly. We are only three Leeds managers away from Christmas!!') but it was right to get rid of SC and to do so quickly.

He was given the investment by the club, the commitment of the players and the support from the fans because we all thought he was here for the long term. When Fulham came knocking on his door the 'professional' (and ethical) response should have been - 'I'm flattered by your interest but, for now, my job is here at Reading. Reading have put their trust and faith in me and I cannot let them down'. Of course if Man U or Chelsea (or even Swansea) had been interested in him then no-one would have begrudged him another chance at Premier League management, but not at a rival Championship side!

Who to replace him? Certainly not Sherwood, Redknapp or Brendan please!! Leicester fans are adamant that Pearson is not the 'psycho' he appears to be on the media so I would welcome him. Moyes would be good but we won't get him. Otherwise .....??

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 Dec 2015 11:52

WoodleyRoyal
Pepe the Horseman

Err, what?

:o going to be hard for windermere to come back from this....

my excuse i was drunk lolz

269 posts