Steve Clarke Sacked

269 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Steve Clarke Sacked

by Forbury Lion » 04 Dec 2015 12:22

Top Flight Coppell, Dillon, Downes and Bibbo would be perfect.
Throw in Vieash, Parky, Murty and McDermott too.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Dec 2015 12:24

genome Call me crazy, but after managing one of the biggest teams on the planet and a side in La Liga, I am not sure if Moyes would find us appealing.
don't forget he also managed Man Utd between the two clubs you mentioned above.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Dec 2015 12:37

Ian Royal They have to recognise that whether they agree with the reaction it made his position untenable when combined with such poor results.

If he'd got some decent performances and another point or three in the games since he'd have a job and it would be being forgotten.

His out due to piss poor management.

Totally agree

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 04 Dec 2015 12:43

First time I've posted here in a looong time. A lot of people saying Pearson. You are forgetting that he was sacked just last May by Thai owners for 'non-footballing reasons'. His son was sacked because of racial abuse in Thailand and he followed soon after. I'd be amazed if our Thai owners would go for him with that stain on his character. I can see them trying to get a top name like Moyes but doubt if they can pull it off. Comes down to money in the end I guess.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 04 Dec 2015 12:45

WoodleyRoyal wrote:

steve clarke outside the job centre this morning

That's funny mate. Had a real chuckle at this :lol:

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 04 Dec 2015 12:49

rotherwick_royal First time I've posted here in a looong time. A lot of people saying Pearson. You are forgetting that he was sacked just last May by Thai owners for 'non-footballing reasons'. His son was sacked because of racial abuse in Thailand and he followed soon after. I'd be amazed if our Thai owners would go for him with that stain on his character. I can see them trying to get a top name like Moyes but doubt if they can pull it off. Comes down to money in the end I guess.

That's a really good point!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2015 12:50

rotherwick_royal First time I've posted here in a looong time. A lot of people saying Pearson. You are forgetting that he was sacked just last May by Thai owners for 'non-footballing reasons'. His son was sacked because of racial abuse in Thailand and he followed soon after. I'd be amazed if our Thai owners would go for him with that stain on his character. I can see them trying to get a top name like Moyes but doubt if they can pull it off. Comes down to money in the end I guess.

The "non-footballing reasons" were that he didn't agree with the decision to sack his son, which was probably seen as a conflict of interest. Given that only a few weeks later the same club didn't fire Jamie Vardy for racist abuse just months later shows that the club and owners aren't too fussed about that sort of thig if you are a valuable asset.

I'm not warmed by a possible Pearson appointment but I wouldn't hold the way he left Leicester against him.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Dec 2015 12:55

Coppell until end of season

Worth £10 at 16/1?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Dec 2015 12:59

Extended-Phenotype Not sure the sacking is really much to do with the fans. Seemed like everyone at the club was upset with Clarke's lack of commitment shown so early on in a contract after so much support for his mission was afforded to him.

I reckon our owners were surprised he decided to stay and probably didn't want him to. Results and fans just gave them the out they needed.

Would have supported him staying until the end of the season if it wasn't for Fulhamgate but that plus poor results and management decisions mean for me, his sacking is a good thing.

100% agree with this viewpoint.

Having been given far more cash than McDermott let alone Adkins, and being allowed to bring in shed loads of players including Vydra on a £2.5M loan payment arrangement that still baffles me, his lack of loyalty to his employers so soon after that was stunning; had he exhibited brilliant tactical capabilities, and got the team playing well and/or winning, then that indiscretion might have been forgivable. But he played players out of position, including a preference for Vydra down the middle rather than either Sa or Blackman (and which has seen Blackman hit a goal drought) whilst the ineptitude of his substitutions are now the stuff legend by which every other Reading manager will be judged against.

Good bye Steve, and good luck for the future.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Dec 2015 13:01

No Fixed Abode
genome Brighton fans have a six-pager on this already

Well you did jib their manager once.

Brighton Forum Yeah it's a bit shite when another club comes in and unsettles your manager isn't it?
:lol:

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 04 Dec 2015 13:03

Contrary to popular belief I can count on one hand the number of "good performances" we've had this season. If it weren't for Blackman's early season form we'd be lower mid-table, which is a much more accurate representation of our performances over the course of this season. He had to go.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Dec 2015 13:08

If it comes down to money then it wont be Moyes will it.

Being sacked by a Thai owner does not mean he will not be wanted by another Thai owner. Pretty much anyone who is sacked has some form of stain or negative.

From a pure footballing management ability - of managers who are out there currently his record is pretty impressive.

He is known for galvanising squads and working hard for the manager. Exactly what's needed here.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Dec 2015 13:12

With regards to Brighton having a 7 pager on Steve Clarke, you have to factor in they have 10 posts per page, we have 20, so by HNA standards, their 7 pager is a 3.5 pager over here.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Dec 2015 13:12

blueroyals Contrary to popular belief I can count on one hand the number of "good performances" we've had this season. If it weren't for Blackman's early season form we'd be lower mid-table, which is a much more accurate representation of our performances over the course of this season. He had to go.

How many games have you been to?

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 04 Dec 2015 13:13

Top Flight Coppell, Dillon, Downes and Bibbo would be perfect.

......and Doyle, Kitson & Lita ?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Dec 2015 13:14

LWJ
blueroyals Contrary to popular belief I can count on one hand the number of "good performances" we've had this season. If it weren't for Blackman's early season form we'd be lower mid-table, which is a much more accurate representation of our performances over the course of this season. He had to go.

It can't be many because we were oxf*rd outstanding before the October international break, anyone who went to those matches can testify for that.

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 04 Dec 2015 13:14

Moyes is a daft choice, IMHO, as is Rodgers. They need a couple more failures at a higher level before slumming it in the Championship.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 13:17

Takes over when we are 17th. Gets us to a cup semi final and leaves when we are just outside the playoffs. Fans pleased. Distinctly :|

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 04 Dec 2015 13:18

ps Get Sal Bibbo back to the club.[/quote]

This.[/quote]

+1

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 04 Dec 2015 13:20

tidus_mi2
LWJ

It can't be many because we were oxf*rd outstanding before the October international break, anyone who went to those matches can testify for that.

I make it: Birmingham, Brentford, Ipswich, Bristol City, Everton, Burnley, Middlesborough

More than the 5 I thought, but still not good enough...

269 posts