BFTG - Blackburn Rovers

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Blackburn Rovers

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Dec 2015 12:37

Royal With Cheese Feds is on too much money in the Prem to even consider a downward move.

Yep, bench warming 'keepers never go out on loan :roll:
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 21 Dec 2015 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Dec 2015 12:38

In 5 of the previous 10 matches we had scored the first goal of the game and only once had we held on to win. BMc comes back and we already seem to show some mental toughness we'd clearly been lacking. Well done.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Dec 2015 12:48

Sanguine Seems to be a simple solution to the Vydra problem would be to move Blackman, he of short, neat passes, flicks, and turns and runs, back into the central role where he scored so many goals. He appears obviously the most natural partner to Vydra in the middle.

Blackman didn't score his goals from the central role

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Dec 2015 13:27

Hoop Blah
Sanguine Seems to be a simple solution to the Vydra problem would be to move Blackman, he of short, neat passes, flicks, and turns and runs, back into the central role where he scored so many goals. He appears obviously the most natural partner to Vydra in the middle.

Didn't Blackman score most of his goals coming from out wide in the front 3, not through the middle?

I think Sa and Vydra are our most obvious pairing as it happens, but I could see Vydra leading the line with Piazon playing as he did yesterday as a decent combination too.

There's no real doubt that Vydra is a quality player, it's just our ability to get the best from him and the team around him that's the problem.

This. I'd have faith in Bri to get the best out of a pacey forward with a good work ethic.

On a different point about the wingers cutting inside. There's not much point in them hitting the byline and crossing if we don't have anyone in the middle who'll head it in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Dec 2015 13:29

Woodcote Royal
Royal With Cheese Feds is on too much money in the Prem to even consider a downward move.

Yep, bench warming 'keepers never go out on loan :roll:

We've got too many loanees to play already. And no, I'd say bench warmers don't often go on loan... the one who's not playing or bench warming does

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 21 Dec 2015 13:31

Also, Boruc is held together with sticky tape at the moment. No way Bournemouth would entertain losing their backup.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 21 Dec 2015 13:47

Ian Royal Minor negatives first to get them out of the way.

Disappointing turnout and atmos for Bri's return.
Disappointingly direct first half... too many big balls forward and hooks over the shoulder.

Poor form, being on telly, and actually it's been pretty dour since the Premier League relegation season, so no surprise at all with declining attendances.

Too many big balls forward, Nothing changes with McDermott's style then! That's encouraging to know that history will only repeat itself if we are lucky enough to sneak into the Prem with BM in charge.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Dec 2015 13:55

Lovely 1-0, very much in mould of Brian. Defensively solid. Probing and Pressing fairly effectively up front. Quinn fantastic. HRK had his best performance in a long time although I agree I'm not sure he'll bang in that many. My only concern is that if we're going to play 4-4-2 then we need a better header of the ball up front that we currently have. Which would point to Sa...

Mclearly continues to be off his game and hasn't look the same player for a while now. I'd give Ola a run over xmas and see whether he can sustain what he only produces in patches currently.

Listening to Brian after the game its clear that he likes Ola John. Also was going out of his way to emphasise the importance of the team being more than individuals which I took as justification for a) subbing Vydra off after 45 mins and b) putting your top scorer on the wing. Cant argue with either decision when it produces a good result.

as an aside Dominic Samuel looked highly effective again on Saturday. I hope that he gets called back quickly and he can form part of our striking team as I think he has a lot to offer.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 21 Dec 2015 14:04

Only one Trevor Morley as an aside Dominic Samuel looked highly effective again on Saturday. I hope that he gets called back quickly and he can form part of our striking team as I think he has a lot to offer.

CAM! Samual over Vydra every day of the week! That loan fee is astonishing, let alone the fact it appears to have been completely wasted!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Dec 2015 14:07

and I forgot to mention the goal. the reaction of the crowd said it all. a split millisecond of astonishment followed by a full throated roar of approval rather than celebration. Hard to describe the sound exactly but its different to the sound a crowd usually makes for a goal and something you only hear when a crowd sees something mind blowing (rare in readings case!)

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 21 Dec 2015 15:05

Coppelled_Streets

Disappointingly direct first half... too many big balls forward and hooks over the shoulder.

Poor form, being on telly, and actually it's been pretty dour since the Premier League relegation season, so no surprise at all with declining attendances.

Too many big balls forward, Nothing changes with McDermott's style then! That's encouraging to know that history will only repeat itself if we are lucky enough to sneak into the Prem with BM in charge.

Try reading the post you actually quoted before going off the deep end.

McDermott's "style" changed over the course of the 90 minutes to fit the requirements of the situation. He replaced Vydra, tweaked the formation and as a result we were much better with the ball in the 2nd half.

You'd be an idiot to draw any conclusion after just one game (let alone 45 minutes as you seem to have done) but If you had to, then the conclusion you'd draw is that McD is quite prepared to change if the situation requires it.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 21 Dec 2015 15:09

Only one Trevor Morley as an aside Dominic Samuel looked highly effective again on Saturday. I hope that he gets called back quickly and he can form part of our striking team as I think he has a lot to offer.

He's had some injury issues over the last couple of seasons so as much as I tend to agree with you, I think he's better off getting regular starts week in week out for the remainder of this season. He's also at a side chasing promotion so we can gauge from a distance how he handles the pressure of that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2015 15:16

If Sanuel and Liburd fulfil their potential - now that's a front two that would be exciting to watch!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Dec 2015 15:38

If half of our current 17-21 year olds (including those just a touch older ) fulfil their potential then the next 5 years will be something to watch......

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Dec 2015 15:54

Went to the game with a streaming cold and anticipating a typical Championship game with loads of effort and not much else but Danny Williams' goal made it all worthwhile and ,to use the cliche,it was worth the entrance money alone.
As vision knows I don't like right-footed players on the left and vice versa ( we have discussed it a few times over the years) either at full-back or on the wing.
It would be different if McCleary and Blackman were two-footed but regrettably they aren't so they always cut in on their favoured foot or turn back ( a bit like England do and thereby overcrowding the midfield) but I suppose, as another poster said, there isn't much point going on the outside and putting in a cross if nobody is there.

Kanu in the middle?
IMHO when he plays for Wales he seldom comes up against 2 big centre-backs (the norm for the Championship) and of course there are at least 2 opposition defenders looking out for Gareth Bale which gives Kanu so much more room to play.
There is no doubt he has some ability but the hurly-burly of English football is often too much for him and when it comes to it he is not the bravest.
Coppell, Brian ,Adkins and Clarke have all given him so many chances and he hasn't really taken them and I would want more from my striker than somebody who runs about a lot.
Hopefully Brian will find a way of getting the best out of whatever combination of Vydra/ Sa/ Blackman that he chooses.

As others have said, it's good to see Quinn back and playing full-back was a doddle for him.
Get Tish back and Taylor and we might move on up the table.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Dec 2015 16:24

Coppelled_Streets

oxf*rd hell you miserable bastard, do we need to put you on suicide watch?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Dec 2015 16:58

Vision

He's had some injury issues over the last couple of seasons so as much as I tend to agree with you, I think he's better off getting regular starts week in week out for the remainder of this season. He's also at a side chasing promotion so we can gauge from a distance how he handles the pressure of that.

I do believe this season was meant to be Samuel's breakthrough season but then he got that injury against Colchester which set him back a bit, hopefully he continues to have good success at Gillingham and he comes back in January at the end of his loan or we look to find him another loan club.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2015 17:11

tidus_mi2
Vision

I do believe this season was meant to be Samuel's breakthrough season but then he got that injury against Colchester which set him back a bit, hopefully he continues to have good success at Gillingham and he comes back in January at the end of his loan or we look to find him another loan club.

It has to be said a lot of us saw this season as Samuel's opportunity for us, but that was before our unprecedented transfer dealings, which afterwards not many had a problem with him going out on loan.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Dec 2015 17:22

I know this should be under the
"Spotted" thread but I'm in a lazy mood. So from what BBC berks was saying......Shane Long was at the game. Is this a regular occurrence or is it a Christmas prezzie come New Year. I know he still wants to live in the area but I don't know if watching us is a regular thing.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Dec 2015 17:26

Coppelled_Streets

completely ignoring the 2nd half where he sorted it out and got them playing nice passing football in the opposition half, dominat4ing the game and never really looking troubled?

lol