Question of Sport

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
marlowuk

Question of Sport

by marlowuk » 30 Mar 2016 23:50

Anyone else see HRK on QoS tonight? In the first round - picture of a sportsman/woman to be named - he didn't recognise Fran Kirby!!!!! Get rid!!

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Question of Sport

by MoorgateRoyal » 31 Mar 2016 09:16

marlowuk Anyone else see HRK on QoS tonight? In the first round - picture of a sportsman/woman to be named - he didn't recognise Fran Kirby!!!!! Get rid!!

I will watch it on catch up.

Was he his usual articulate self? Any comedy from him?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Mar 2016 10:41

It's repeated on Friday evening (1 April) at a "normal" hour (7.30pm) on BBC1 if you missed it.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Mar 2016 11:46

Sebastian I can't be bothered to google, so who the hell is Fran Kirby?

:roll:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 31 Mar 2016 11:49

marlowuk Anyone else see HRK on QoS tonight? In the first round - picture of a sportsman/woman to be named - he didn't recognise Fran Kirby!!!!! Get rid!!

That is a bit stupid tbf

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Mar 2016 11:54

Maybe the spin that the first team really cared about how the girls were getting on was just that

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Mar 2016 12:00

She's been a Chelsea player for the last 6/7 months.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Mar 2016 12:18

You mean Frank Irby :?:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 Mar 2016 12:38

Is the RFC supporter's curious obsession with h8ing the perfectly adequate footballer and apparently decent bloke HRK now going to manifest itself as disgust that he doesn't recognise 'Our Fran', the superstar who played to crowds of literally hundreds at Farnborough.....before graduating to playing in front of literally hundreds at Chelsea :?: :lol:

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 31 Mar 2016 14:58

MoorgateRoyal

He was introduced as 'Welsh International footballer' (no mention of Reading!). He didn't say much at all but, to be fair, no-one gets much of a word in except the captains. He did get his individual question correct though.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 31 Mar 2016 15:11

marlowuk
MoorgateRoyal

He was introduced as 'Welsh International footballer' (no mention of Reading!). He didn't say much at all but, to be fair, no-one gets much of a word in except the captains. He did get his individual question correct though.

I haven't watched the show in years but I imagine the main people are still as annoying as they ever were, whoever they are these days.

I've met Hal a few times in passing and he was always very personable, and seemed as though he was fairly intelligent.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 31 Mar 2016 15:44

Didn't she supposedly train with the men's team?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Mar 2016 16:08

Royal Ginger Didn't she supposedly train with the men's team?

I thought she trained with the Academy - physically more of a match.

There's no particular reason I guess that they ever would have met or anything, but still, it's not just random from the women's team, it's the first player from a WSL2 team ever to get picked to play for England. If we had an U18 player that did exceptionally well, I'd like to think a senior player might know about them, even if they'd never played with them.

Just adds to the feeling that HRK is not particularly interested in Reading as a club, outside of his own immediate concerns.

Given how long he's been with the club, it actually goes to show that sometimes it isn't necessarily about whether you come through the academy or not, it may be more of a personality thing. I'd guess it's more likely Anton Ferdinand, for instance, would recognise Fran Kirby, because I feel he identifies with the club as a whole, rather than just his part of it. You know like some people organise work socials, and know about people not in their department, and company history and the like, and others just come in, do their job, and go home.

I'll stop waffling now!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Mar 2016 17:12

Without googling, name the starting line up for the ladies last game.....

Just cos he plays for the club why should he know who the women players are - they don't train/play together.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 31 Mar 2016 17:51

TBM

I can't, but that's irrelevant. Fran Kirby was the most high profile female player Reading have ever had; she was the first female Reading player to be selected for England and scored England's first goal last year (on TV) in the Women's World Cup. She was transferred to Chelsea last July for what was reported to be a British record transfer fee.

TBM cos he plays for the club why should he know who the women players are - they don't train/play together.

I don't train/play with them either! :D

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Mar 2016 18:49

marlowuk
TBM

I can't, but that's irrelevant. Fran Kirby was the most high profile female player Reading have ever had; she was the first female Reading player to be selected for England and scored England's first goal last year (on TV) in the Women's World Cup. She was transferred to Chelsea last July for what was reported to be a British record transfer fee.

TBM cos he plays for the club why should he know who the women players are - they don't train/play together.

I don't train/play with them either! :D

I had no idea who she was until I read it on here, maybe HRK doesn't read or listen to the media

We, as supporters, have an interest in the club. The players probably are only inter step in their own game/season

Plus it was against the clock, on tv

Give him a break

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1