BFTG: QPR

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG: QPR

by Sanguine » 25 Apr 2016 11:21

Royality creeps In
Very few Jester hat wearing, thermos flask, blanket over the laps type of fan there yesterday.

That's cos it was QPR. Only real fans go to one of the worst away experiences in the English football.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 25 Apr 2016 11:25

Jester hats >>>>>> Fashionably attired and letting off flares...

Perhaps I'm old fashioned

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 Apr 2016 11:36

id disagree, and im old, if not old fashioned

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Apr 2016 13:10

Royal With Cheese
windermere_royal
sloughroyal123 Vydra poor.

He was on for 10 minutes . christ on a bike

You know that's Dellor's HobNob name don't you?

People had better not be criticising Vydra :evil: He's a protected species don't you know.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Apr 2016 13:14

Rea Ding QPR really need to do something about that dodgy Mexican hat Latino guy :lol:

I didn't go (obvs) but he's an utter f*cking helm. Quite the representative QPR fan actually.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Apr 2016 13:15

Sanguine That's cos it was QPR. Only real fans go to one of the worst away experiences in the English football.

QPR away >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> visiting one of the many out of town identikit concrete bowls.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Apr 2016 13:20

Warfield North Stand
Royality creeps In
Crux Credit to the fans yesterday. End of season with nothing to play for and I thought we were excellent.

Better than the usual replica shirt wearing spastics that used to come. Much more of a lads on tour atmosphere.

Excellent.

Do you know I thought this as well

Very few Jester hat wearing, thermos flask, blanket over the laps type of fan there yesterday.
Quite a few were not let in as well because of being over indulgent on ale pre match.

I was in the lower tier and it was actually quite a good laugh.

Where you one of the "mob" of 12 year old that let off the flare when we scored? Because they were seriously retarded. If any of them let of a flare basically in the face of my 12 year old son again, I will stick it down their oxf*rd throat. Good day out though..

Looks like a smoke bomb from the pictures..

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 Apr 2016 13:30

still get quite hot at the smoky end

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Apr 2016 13:32

Best away day of the season for me. Had a great time in the pub beforehand and managed to get a beer quite easily at half time (was in Lower tier). Great chants all game.

On the pitch we looked alright I thought, Al Habsi made some good saves. Shame we didn't score down at our end as I think it could have been a riot.

Fair play to all that travelled, whether you wore your best Ralph cap or took your official Thermos.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 25 Apr 2016 14:27

Warfield North Stand
Royality creeps In
Crux Credit to the fans yesterday. End of season with nothing to play for and I thought we were excellent.

Better than the usual replica shirt wearing spastics that used to come. Much more of a lads on tour atmosphere.

Excellent.

Do you know I thought this as well

Quite a few were not let in as well because of being over indulgent on ale pre match.

I was in the lower tier and it was actually quite a good laugh.

Where you one of the "mob" of 12 year old that let off the flare when we scored? Because they were seriously retarded. If any of them let of a flare basically in the face of my 12 year old son again, I will stick it down their oxf*rd throat. Good day out though..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please do it :lol: :lol: :lol:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Apr 2016 15:11

floyd__streete
Sanguine That's cos it was QPR. Only real fans go to one of the worst away experiences in the English football.

QPR away >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> visiting one of the many out of town identikit concrete bowls.

I think Loftus Road arguably ranks as probably the worst all seater stadium in the country. Utterly appalling stadium, and horrendously overpriced at that.

Coppell's Ghost

by Coppell's Ghost » 25 Apr 2016 15:14

Good old fashioned away day - took the old man and the boy in the upper, both had a great day. The boy learnt some new words.
My mate also took an American work colleague in the lower and he said it was the best sporting experience he'd ever had - fan wise that is - but he is operating from a low base being a yank.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 25 Apr 2016 15:19

handbags_harris
floyd__streete

I think Loftus Road arguably ranks as probably the worst all seater stadium in the country. Utterly appalling stadium, and horrendously overpriced at that.

It's an old stadium. At least it's got character. And it's in a great area.

It would be boring if all stadiums were like our place. To be honest, I enjoyed the match day experience much more at Loftus Road than I do at our ground. All the pubs, bars, restaurants. I had a nice pint and a very good Venison burger before the game. Very easy to get to QPR as well.

George_

by George_ » 25 Apr 2016 15:37

I don't mind Loftus Road although it is my least favorite out of the other London teams this season.

Brentford will always be top of the list. 3 pubs around the ground, easy to get to and a terrace. Can't wait for that fixture again next season.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Apr 2016 16:41

Top Flight
handbags_harris
floyd__streete

It's an old stadium. At least it's got character. And it's in a great area.

It would be boring if all stadiums were like our place. To be honest, I enjoyed the match day experience much more at Loftus Road than I do at our ground. All the pubs, bars, restaurants. I had a nice pint and a very good Venison burger before the game. Very easy to get to QPR as well.

It's old, granted, but devoid of character. Saying that as a Reading fan is a bit "irony overload", and yes, the facilities surrounding the ground are better than the Madejski but the ground itself? I'd hate to have to put up with that every week, and it's certainly not worth the best part of £30 to watch a match there.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 25 Apr 2016 17:27

handbags_harris
floyd__streete

This, really.
Even when I went to as many away games as I could, Id always avoid QPR.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 25 Apr 2016 19:54

Will95 Two average teams playing out a decent game. Rakkels, well, I love him already!

Cracking day out and a good atmosphere, happy with that one.

Sums up the day well, I think Rakels could be fan favourite next season

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 25 Apr 2016 19:57

floyd__streete
Rea Ding QPR really need to do something about that dodgy Mexican hat Latino guy :lol:

I didn't go (obvs) but he's an utter f*cking helm. Quite the representative QPR fan actually.

I consider myself a calm bloke especially for the football but that horn thing he was blowing constantly and then the clappers I really dont know how people near him havnt had a quiet word...