MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by does anyone care?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by does anyone care?

by sandman » 07 May 2016 15:10

Terry From The Isle Of Wight after the last game of the 04/05 season In my opinion Steve Coppell is also a "spent force" and will not lead the Royals to future success in this Division or at a highter level and I say this having witnessed his quite unacceptable comments both pre and post matches and his clear inability to motivate players and supporters alike.
Rather depressingly our Chairman has decided to give him another contract presumably based upon what is considered a "successful season", but the true Royal fans knew and expected so much more from the start of the season. I believe that we do have talented players but they have been mismanaged and mistrained. If you closely observe the game today, you will have noticed that we have lost entirely our shape of play and our ability to pass the ball let alone pace up front. All these factors are crucial to any successful team and I remain very depressed at the prospect of "more of the same" which will be the case unless bold changes are made at management and training levels. Remember we achieved much success which was building well before decisions were made as to additional signings which were considered in the opinion of the Manager necessary for our "play off push". Therefore any new considered signings will now prove critical for the future of our club."

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/080505.html

Glad to hear BBC Berks favourite caller showing his expert judgement on managerial hiring and firing.
Last edited by sandman on 07 May 2016 15:24, edited 2 times in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 May 2016 15:11

Longhorn1970
Ian Royal
genome Reading starting XI vs Blackburn: Al-Habsi, McCleary, Gunter, Cooper, McShane (c), Quinn, Norwood, Barrett, Williams, Kermorgant, Rakels.

Reading subs vs Blackburn: Bond, Evans, Robson-Kanu, Kuhl, Stacey, Watson, Dickie.

Oof, I was off by one with my team prediction.

Diamond again with Williams at the tip and Barrett right? or Barrett at the tip and Williams right?

Think I'd rather Barrett at the tip. More creative and a little less strong defensively.

Oh, apparently 4-4-2 with Quinn left and Barrett right... interesting.

Very young bench. I hope Stacey gets a run out. Dickie is probably just there for experience, you don't sub a CB unless there's an injury.

Proven not to work so let's continue with it ! And guess what ...

A really good and insightful post, with only the one tiny flaw that we didn't actually play the diamond that's been proven not to work.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 May 2016 15:14

Well with a ringing endorsement from Terry, we must be on the road to being champions next season.

Disappointing season but if Brighton crash out of the play-offs, I think that will go a long way to making up for it, especially after Brighton were already promoted after their long unbeaten run.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 07 May 2016 15:15

A bit off key for this thread but, Tariq Fosu and his Accrington sides promotion match is live on wiz1.net, ch66, for those interested in watching.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 07 May 2016 15:18

Ian Royal
Longhorn1970
Ian Royal Diamond again with Williams at the tip and Barrett right? or Barrett at the tip and Williams right?

Think I'd rather Barrett at the tip. More creative and a little less strong defensively.

Oh, apparently 4-4-2 with Quinn left and Barrett right... interesting.

Very young bench. I hope Stacey gets a run out. Dickie is probably just there for experience, you don't sub a CB unless there's an injury.

Proven not to work so let's continue with it ! And guess what ...

A really good and insightful post, with only the one tiny flaw that we didn't actually play the diamond that's been proven not to work.

What didn't work today ?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 07 May 2016 15:36

sandman
Linden Jones' Tash
leon It's got to be said I'm losing patience with Brian. I don't want to but the last 5 games have been utter shit.

I want him to succeed but nothing short of removing most of the team is going to work.

Yea, I'm moving to this point of view, I can't see what Brian's plan actually is

Nice guy, but we should be able to defend better by now.

We need more than platitudes and enthusiasm

What's the clubs plan? All very well and good attacking the manager but a plan comes from the very top and right now the owners are the ones who haven't got one.

The best clubs move together as a unit and there is no guidance from the owners.

Trying to be objective, the owners set their stall out pre season, push to develop the property side and training ground, keep investing in the academy and make a fair amount of money available to Clarke in the form of Vidra, John, Quinn, McShane, Sa, etc.

You'll recall some boundless enthusiasm about the squad in the summer on here.

When Brian came in and a course correction was made (for whatever reason ) whilst not quite as strong, I think most people expected a better fist of it from the players we do have, so Brian has to take some responsibility

I'm not a big fan of chairmen or owners making press statements every 5 minutes, inevitably there are things they can't talk about and better to be silent than a liar.

The big test is whether the owners have the stomach for another chanpionship season, I recall an interview with one of the key shareholders saying that if the club didn't become self financing within 2 or 3 years ( it may have been 'soon', can't recall accurately) - IE a prem club - they would sell

So what is their strategy now? Could be a clean slate with another manager, given the poor run in we've had

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 07 May 2016 15:53

Linden Jones' Tash
sandman
Linden Jones' Tash

Yea, I'm moving to this point of view, I can't see what Brian's plan actually is

Nice guy, but we should be able to defend better by now.

We need more than platitudes and enthusiasm

What's the clubs plan? All very well and good attacking the manager but a plan comes from the very top and right now the owners are the ones who haven't got one.

The best clubs move together as a unit and there is no guidance from the owners.

Trying to be objective, the owners set their stall out pre season, push to develop the property side and training ground, keep investing in the academy and make a fair amount of money available to Clarke in the form of Vidra, John, Quinn, McShane, Sa, etc.

You'll recall some boundless enthusiasm about the squad in the summer on here.

When Brian came in and a course correction was made (for whatever reason ) whilst not quite as strong, I think most people expected a better fist of it from the players we do have, so Brian has to take some responsibility

I'm not a big fan of chairmen or owners making press statements every 5 minutes, inevitably there are things they can't talk about and better to be silent than a liar.

The big test is whether the owners have the stomach for another chanpionship season, I recall an interview with one of the key shareholders saying that if the club didn't become self financing within 2 or 3 years ( it may have been 'soon', can't recall accurately) - IE a prem club - they would sell

So what is their strategy now? Could be a clean slate with another manager, given the poor run in we've had

Mostly agree. Perhaps the owners can turn a small profit if the club is in a better financial position now ..

Fluff

by Fluff » 07 May 2016 17:28

Silver Fox
tidus_mi2 Dickie on for Barrett.

That's the impression that I get

:D Yeh I got it

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 07 May 2016 19:55

tidus_mi2 Well with a ringing endorsement from Terry, we must be on the road to being champions next season.

Disappointing season but if Brighton crash out of the play-offs, I think that will go a long way to making up for it, especially after Brighton were already promoted after their long unbeaten run.

I t must have been a pretty rank season if the only solace was provided by a "rival" possibly missing promotion.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 May 2016 20:27

howser What was the point of recalling Stacey ????

Is that still bothering you?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 May 2016 20:30

Dave-Royal McDermot out

You've changed your tune. Why do do you want McDermott out now?

Surely you already knew we were going to be useless at Blackburn. It was obvious we'd be pathetic again.

The only kind of management that is appropriate for these players is to terminate them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 May 2016 21:02

Top Flight
howser What was the point of recalling Stacey ????

Is that still bothering you?

It's pissing bothering me too seeing as he didn't get on the pitch.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 May 2016 21:03

Matchday squad inclusion

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 May 2016 21:06

AthleticoSpizz Matchday squad inclusion

Yeah, but he could have actually been playing in a competitive match rather than getting splinters in his arse. He isn't 17, he doesn't need experience of a matchday environment, he needs to be playing. It's not like we did anything in the second half and instead of bringing on Stacey with 20 minutes to go, McDermott waits until the 87th minute to bring on Evans ffs.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 May 2016 21:07

......and as for Dickie?

Ffs Ian, we can only field 11 players

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 May 2016 21:10

AthleticoSpizz ......and as for Dickie?

Ffs Ian, we can only field 11 players

Delighted for him to get a good run on the pitch. Bit of a pathetic argument to say we can only field 11 when I've just pointed out we recalled Stacey from a team he was playing in, to sit on our bench doing nothing, only for George Evans to get six minutes of playing time that was utterly pointless.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 May 2016 21:11

Yes....pathetic

You are........as always .......so right

:roll:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 07 May 2016 21:43

Yes Ian is always right.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 07 May 2016 21:55

Stacey's not a defender, he's never played right back in a competitive fixture, so not sure why we'd throw him in there.

The object was to get a defender on so we could push McCleary further forward. Barrett was getting lost so we put Dickie, a defender, on so McCleary could go further forward. It's unfortunate for Stacey but that's just the way it had to go.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 May 2016 21:57

Thank you

Ian says .......pathetic tho'