565 posts
RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 15:01

Winston Smith
AthleticoSpizz ....on paper, Stam has no relevant credentials

Being a name is all that matters in this day and age

Disagree. It can help you get a job but not stay in one.

The most important thing is the same as it has always been, results.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 27 May 2016 15:09

RG7Fan
Extended-Phenotype
Maguire Is there a single thing to be positive about, really?

RFC deserve all the mocking that's coming their way.

Agreed.

One can only hope that at the cost of feeling like we support a honourable, rational club this is just a sign of some owners with a huge transfer kitty for rebuilding t team, not being convinced that Brian would be the one to trust it with, and looking to sign significant managerial talent to take the club forward in a new dawn.

Sadly I think it's a sign of clueless owners not watching any games or appreciating the difficulties Brian faced, failing that give me him the benefit of the doubt or backing him when the chance of a clean slate arrived just a few months after he picked up the reigns of another man's dying, horse.

Which difficulties would they be?

The sort that make you play a diamond formation week in week out that clearly didn't work?
or the ones that make you recall a player from loan only to leave him on the bench while you sub on a player who is leaving?
or maybe the ones that mean not using youth players that could be available?
or possibly not recalling a young forward who is having a cracking season, but instead relying on other forwards who couldn't score in a drug den?

or the sort that plays a regular right back at left back while you play an attacking right mid at right back?
or playing a player you've just bought as a centre mid on the wing?
or not playing a forward who's goals per minutes played is light years better than the ones he started with?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 15:10

RG7Fan The sort that make you play a diamond formation week in week out that clearly didn't work?
or the ones that make you recall a player from loan only to leave him on the bench while you sub on a player who is leaving?
or possibly not recalling a young forward who is having a cracking season, but instead relying on other forwards who couldn't score in a drug den?

Sounds as if you've being playing computer games too long. From the numerous games I watched last season. Reality was the squad wasn't up to the task. Playing kids wasn't the answer either. Simple as that.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 May 2016 15:10

RoyallyFcuked
Winston Smith
AthleticoSpizz ....on paper, Stam has no relevant credentials

Disagree. It can help you get a job

getting a job is what we are talking about here! :lol:

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 May 2016 15:13

RoyallyFcuked The most important thing is the same as it has always been, results.

Results are right up there obv, but I do personally think that away from the top level of football there is more to it than just results.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 May 2016 15:14

RG7Fan
Extended-Phenotype
Maguire Is there a single thing to be positive about, really?

RFC deserve all the mocking that's coming their way.

Agreed.

One can only hope that at the cost of feeling like we support a honourable, rational club this is just a sign of some owners with a huge transfer kitty for rebuilding t team, not being convinced that Brian would be the one to trust it with, and looking to sign significant managerial talent to take the club forward in a new dawn.

Sadly I think it's a sign of clueless owners not watching any games or appreciating the difficulties Brian faced, failing that give me him the benefit of the doubt or backing him when the chance of a clean slate arrived just a few months after he picked up the reigns of another man's dying, horse.

The sort that make you play a diamond formation week in week out that clearly didn't work?

Selling your two top scorers within a week comes to mind

Crux

by Crux » 27 May 2016 15:14

Lower West
Archer
How's that new training ground coming btw? Could build some expensive houses on that......

All work has been stopped on the facilities. Not a good sign. Makes one wonder if the club is up for sale.

Why would they go through the expense of sacking a decent manager at this level and then sell?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 May 2016 15:15

Ridiculous decision from a ridiculous club! How are more uncertain weeks of 'finding the right man' (again) actually going to help us build towards next season? The squad is a mess, the staff are leaving/being sacked and the pre-season tour is being replaced with pub football teams..... Whoever comes in, I can only see us heading in one direction.....and that is League One.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 27 May 2016 15:15

Winston Smith
RoyallyFcuked
Winston Smith

Disagree. It can help you get a job

getting a job is what we are talking about here! :lol:

Good point :lol: oh dear at me.

Of course Stam for example being a name could help him get a job, that was in my mind.

But we didn't sack Brian because he's not a big name, the sacking was results based with questions over his ability to take us forward.
Last edited by RoyallyFcuked on 27 May 2016 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 27 May 2016 15:16

Lower West
RG7Fan The sort that make you play a diamond formation week in week out that clearly didn't work?

Sounds as if you've being playing computer games too long. From the numerous games I watched last season. Reality was the squad wasn't up to the task. Playing kids wasn't the answer either. Simple as that.

That's just nonsense. They may be dislikeable as a squad but you are trying to tell us that of the last team he had on the field 7 were picked for international duty - but according to you they were not up to the task in the Championship?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 27 May 2016 15:18

Crux
Lower West
Archer
How's that new training ground coming btw? Could build some expensive houses on that......

All work has been stopped on the facilities. Not a good sign. Makes one wonder if the club is up for sale.

Why would they go through the expense of sacking a decent manager at this level and then sell?

what expense? what compensation clause was in Bri Bri's contract?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 15:18

Crux
Lower West
Archer

What if there was a fundamental disagreement between the parties? Sacking Brian would have been more logical 3 weeks ago. Once the season was up.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 27 May 2016 15:19

I don't know what the all the fuss is about.

Nice bloke but his record at Reading in the last 54 games he was in charge was that he won just 11.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 May 2016 15:21

Lower West

Which match was so successful with the diamond then?

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 27 May 2016 15:23

Winston Smith
Crux
Lower West

what expense? what compensation clause was in Bri Bri's contract?

There almost certainly was some form of compensation clause in the contract, and aside from that there are expenses associated with targeting and hiring a new manager. So unless the thais are planning to jump ship without bothering to get a new manager in, then there will certainly be at least some expense involved with Brian's sacking.

Archer

by Archer » 27 May 2016 15:24

Crux
Lower West
Archer

To have a manager more 'attractive' to investors.

And by that I mean more willing to sign who the owners tell him to.

stl_royal

by stl_royal » 27 May 2016 15:28

Archer
Crux
Lower West

The only way that makes sense is if the change in manager added enough value to a potential sale to make up for the cost of hiring a new manager (who may or may not be "attractive" to investors) AND then some more. I think that it is unlikely for such a change to boost interest in buying a floundering championship club that currently doesn't look like its going much of anywhere regardless of who the manager is.

If they were selling the club, would make far more sense to let a new owner come in and appoint whomever they desire, not stick them with some new man chosen by the previous owner.

Crux

by Crux » 27 May 2016 15:29

Archer
Crux
Lower West

I don't think it works like that.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 May 2016 15:29

Haag Royal I don't know what the all the fuss is about.

Nice bloke but his record at Reading in the last 54 games he was in charge was that he won just 11.

The fuss is about the fact that he wasn't really given a decent length of time to rebuild. The fuss is about the fact we are starting to sack managers every few months (even Watford have stopped that). The fuss is that we seem to have no plan going forward and will probably be in League One this time next year!

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 27 May 2016 15:30

blueroyals
RG7Fan
Extended-Phenotype
Agreed.

Selling your two top scorers within a week comes to mind

I agree, wont have helped at all. BUT their purple patches had finished a couple of months earlier. Why not recall Samuel in January, or any time after that.

565 posts