McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2016 16:24

Ian, Sky Bet have been asking for information on you.

What should I tell them?

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 27 May 2016 16:29

This is what the beautiful game has become. Utterly dismayed at this completely ridiculous decision.

On the bright side, I want my club back, bumbling around leagues 3 and 4 - and this is the quickest way to get there.

ps: I'm hoping for a dove from above.... or George Dawes.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 May 2016 16:29

Dave-Royal
Royal Lady Well I think they have treated him appallingly personally. They haven't given him a chance really and, if what is rumoured is true and we will have to rely on the younger players this season, Brian was the best person to get the best out of them. Brian was Reading through and through - his hands were clearly tied, he had players here on loan that he would not have signed and who didn't exactly light up the Championship, but yeah, let's sack him cos we gave him 4 and a bit months here. I presume if the next incumbent doesn't get us promoted, they'll be gone too then? More like, the Thais don't want to spend any money on the club, they are in it for the redevelopment and that's why they bought the club in the first place, remember none of them appear to have any idea about football - but they all have great business heads. If anyone was in any doubt that they bought this club for the land around it, I think it's all very clear now. :evil: :twisted:

McDermot is the fault of the reading fc results so it was good move to do now
but I like McDermot as nice man but not for us !! Stam in for me

In what way do you think Jaap Stam will be any better than McD ?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 May 2016 16:30

Haag Royal
Lower West
RG7Fan The sort that make you play a diamond formation week in week out that clearly didn't work?
or the ones that make you recall a player from loan only to leave him on the bench while you sub on a player who is leaving?
or maybe the ones that mean not using youth players that could be available?
or possibly not recalling a young forward who is having a cracking season, but instead relying on other forwards who couldn't score in a drug den?

Sounds as if you've being playing computer games too long. From the numerous games I watched last season. Reality was the squad wasn't up to the task. Playing kids wasn't the answer either. Simple as that.

That's just nonsense. They may be dislikeable as a squad but you are trying to tell us that of the last team he had on the field 7 were picked for international duty - but according to you they were not up to the task in the Championship?

International caps:

11.Steve stone

10. Keith Curle

9. Stuart Ripley

8. Steve Guppy

7. John Fashanu

6. Francis Jeffers

5. Geoff Thomas

4. David Nugent

3. Seth Johnson

2. Carlton Palmer

1.Michael rickets

that's England caps too, not ozzie, welsh, irish, scots or yank caps

means absolutely oxf*rd all

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 27 May 2016 16:30

Charles Watts now on it too. Brilliant, Ian. I didn't want BM back and I am glad he's gone, but you make some very valid points.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 27 May 2016 16:31

Ian, Charles wants your surname, pal! PM me or Tweet him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 May 2016 16:34

I like the cut of your jib there Ian Royal - bloody well said. I'm going to FB message Sassima and tell her a few home truths!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 May 2016 16:35

One8Seven1* Ian, Charles wants your surname, pal! PM me or Tweet him.

Royal

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 May 2016 16:35

RoyallyFcuked
LWJ
RoyallyFcuked
On the pitch performances still improved overall, particularly in defence. I thought you went to games?

McD inherited a much better squad in a better position in the table and the performances didn't improve ANYWHERE.

The only improvement was we stopped shipping 3+ goals a game. We didn't improve in any other areas!

How can you comment on McD's improvements if you didn't go? As you have already said....

From a mate that has been going, .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 16:37

Royal Lady In what way do you think Jaap Stam will be any better than McD ?

or Clarke or Atkins..............

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 May 2016 16:38

WoodleyRoyal From what I have heard he was going to be kept on, but the season ticket renewals currently stand at about 3000. The club felt a change was needed to boost ticket sales...

& with no manager likely before renewal date, its likely to stay down there too

top planning

is this some dastardly plan to run the club into the ground so they can knock down the stadium/training ground and build on them too?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 May 2016 16:39

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 27 May 2016 16:41

With next to no money avaialble, he's also destined to fail.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 May 2016 16:41

Pepe the Horseman Ian, Sky Bet have been asking for information on you.

What should I tell them?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crux

by Crux » 27 May 2016 16:41

genome

Great

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 May 2016 16:42

Dave-Royal
Ian Royal I said I'd do it, this morning if they made the stupid decision, so I have. oxf*rd you RFC.

A pissed off IR Dear Reading FC

Please find the below complaint for the attention of the owners and managers of RFC:

Dear Lady Sassima and co.

I'm disgusted that you have just announced that Brian McDermott has been sacked as Manager of Reading Football Club.

One of the things that makes Reading stand out as a club to be proud to support is that, until recently, it had not jumped on the bandwagon of demanding instant success and sacking managers every five minutes. I for one, do not want to be associated with a club that takes the Massimo Cellino insanity approach of sacking a manager every six to twelve months. Brian's second tenure has not gone particularly well, but then no manager has done well here since he got us promoted. A revolving door policy for the Manager's office is the last thing we need. Stability, even at the risk of relegation, is essential after three managers in less than two years. And I have every faith that under McDermott, with reasonable backing, relegation would not have been an issue and consolidation in mid-table ready for a strong promotion push would have been likely, with that push under McDermott or someone else. How is the club supposed to move forward, when there's a different pair of hands steering every six months?

Brighton have just ably demonstrated that a successful season is possible, despite a difficult start under Chris Hughton. And Brentford recently demonstrated that you don't move forward by sacking a good manager.

I recently renewed my season ticket in good faith, expecting Brian McDermott to be in charge and there to be some much needed sanity and stability at this club. If you were going to make a change, it should have been done weeks ago so people could make an informed decision, what exactly has changed since the final game of the season?!

As someone who was not upset when Brian was sacked last time and who wasn't clamouring for his return this time, I feel I have to register my unhappiness with this situation. If you are not going to place faith in the people you appoint to run the team for a reasonable period of time, then I don't see why I should give you and the club my support. I fully understand that sometimes difficult decisions must be made to try to fight disaster, but those decisions are for Managers who are leading us downwards towards imminent relegation, not Managers who have wandered closer than is entirely comfortable, but are completely safe and have a whole pre-season and several months of the season to demonstrate they will do better, and before any worry sets in.

I no longer wish to be a season ticket holder at Reading FC if it will be run in such a shambolic way, and I would very much like a full refund and cancellation of the said season ticket.
My details are:
Ian *****
Member Number ********
Seat: *********

Please refund my payment to the card I made the payment on, I'm sure you have the details. If not, please provide me with a secure method for supplying them.

I will return to supporting the club, when the ownership and management demonstrate they have a clue what they are doing.

Yours sincerely

haha don't speak to my friend like that she a nice lady
if you don't what to renewed u season ticket than Oxford off ok

#SheAintNoLady

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 27 May 2016 16:44

Crux
Maneki Neko
WoodleyRoyal From what I have heard he was going to be kept on, but the season ticket renewals currently stand at about 3000. The club felt a change was needed to boost ticket sales...

& with no manager likely before renewal date, its likely to stay down there too

top planning

is this some dastardly plan to run the club into the ground so they can knock down the stadium/training ground and build on them too?

That's a horrible thought.

Surely there's something to prevent this happening!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

im hoping common sense, sanity, and realism

but the way things are going, you never know

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 May 2016 16:44

Dick Habbin's hairdo This is what the beautiful game has become. Utterly dismayed at this completely ridiculous decision.

On the bright side, I want my club back, bumbling around leagues 3 and 4 - and this is the quickest way to get there.

The bubble is going to burst. Once the novelty wears off and the money dries up. The entertainment value is diminishing fast with the overall quality of teams getting poorer.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 27 May 2016 16:45

What should I tell them?

did they give you odds??

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2016 16:49

What should I tell them?

Tell them they can shove Murdoch's shriveled penis up their dirty arses, I want nothing to do with their evil corporate football ruining scumbag corporation.

Or that I'm an internet mong.

Either works.

565 posts